Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2019, 09:32 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, these blacks with a chip on their shoulder drinking the kool-aid that the left is feeding them do need to get a life. Most hard core Trump supporters and other conservatives do not hate blacks or have a "fear of the other". Who are these others anyway? Immigrants here illegally? Radical Muslims here to harm us? That's an irrational fear of the "other"? I don't think so!
Well, to clarify I didn't say that "blacks" should get a life, I was simply trying to say that things aren't that bad these days, that was all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 10:02 AM

6,830 posts, read 3,226,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Just remember who and how many Hillary insulted....

"the deplorables". The cops, the nurses, the garbagemen and maids everyone who works hard....they have not forgotten who spoke for them. Trust me.

And how many people and groups has Trump insulted? Makes Hillary look pretty benign by comparison.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:07 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I assume that you are a younger man and you come off like a reasoned individual. That said there isn't this deep fear of the "other" that you say, maybe it might existing in the deepest and bleakest backwater places possible but otherwise it's not really that much of a thing. There really isn't a thing with the people wanting to oppress black folks like back in the day. I'm not saying that racism isn't there, but its just not a thing like it was 50 years ago. Black folks are doing great, they are moving on up, as George Jefferson said.

I think you need to get off of CD and live a little, people aren't really that bad. Life isn't that bad, and despite what you see in the media, things aren't that bad, really.
I'm in my early 30s, just moved to Alabama from Georgia. I was specifically speaking of "hardcore" Trump supporters. There are Trump supporters, and then there are the hardcore, most loyal Trump supporters.

I agree that Black Americans are doing better than they were many years ago (and by that, I mean back in the 60s). Things have gotten better, but there is still a ways to go. There are many people who aren't prejudice. At the same time, there are still many who hold bigoted views. And the way things are today, it isn't as up front and "in your face" as it was back in the 60s. This aren't at the level they used to be, but there are still some people who pine for the 50s.

There are individuals who do harbor some anger and resentment, and see Trump as the person voicing it. I don't watch the news much if I can help it. I barely watch TV anymore. I do many things outside of CD. I see life like this. While there are many good people out there, some people save their vitriol for the internet. I think about the persons who have posted on facebook some of their own anger and vitriol.

My point is this. Among the most loyal of Trump supporters, Trump resonates well among those who harbor reserves of resentment and anger. The question is WHY. I say that it's about the way Trump is.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM

52,307 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm in my early 30s, just moved to Alabama from Georgia. I was specifically speaking of "hardcore" Trump supporters. There are Trump supporters, and then there are the hardcore, most loyal Trump supporters.

I agree that Black Americans are doing better than they were many years ago (and by that, I mean back in the 60s). Things have gotten better, but there is still a ways to go. There are many people who aren't prejudice. At the same time, there are still many who hold bigoted views. And the way things are today, it isn't as up front and "in your face" as it was back in the 60s. This aren't at the level they used to be, but there are still some people who pine for the 50s.

There are individuals who do harbor some anger and resentment, and see Trump as the person voicing it. I don't watch the news much if I can help it. I barely watch TV anymore. I do many things outside of CD. I see life like this. While there are many good people out there, some people save their vitriol for the internet. I think about the persons who have posted on facebook some of their own anger and vitriol.

My point is this. Among the most loyal of Trump supporters, Trump resonates well among those who harbor reserves of resentment and anger. The question is WHY. I say that it's about the way Trump is.

I guessing that your are a black dude from what I recall of your posts and I can't speak to your experience, only you can. I think that there are some people who are racist still, no doubt. The not in your face part speaks volumes because I think that to be honest, some of the most racist people are white middle aged liberals. The bigoty of low expectations toward black people happens a lot in that crowd. They are the great white hope, at least in their minds. I myself an white, middle aged and I see how sometimes the bigotry of low expectations isn't even acknowledged by white people. It's tremendously insulting and I am shocked that it's not spoken of more often, to be honest.

My point is is that if we go though life looking to find negativity and racism, you'll find it, you know what I mean? It's confirmation bias of sorts. If we go through life looking at the positives, you'll see positives. I wouldn't worry about what trump supporters are doing, just do your thing.

It's all we can do because we can't control what others think or do.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:27 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,404,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Except for Donnie boy trying to collude with Ukraine for the 2020 election.
Not to worry , most republicans are fine with that , everything to win.
It is easy to loose all faith in human kind when observing
the deplorable behavior of the whole bunch of his voters.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:35 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
And how many people and groups has Trump insulted? Makes Hillary look pretty benign by comparison.
Hillary insults people by breaking them.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:37 AM

20,838 posts, read 17,122,361 times
https://www.google.com/search?q=elec...bFGWpF55PSfZM:

Instructive

Old 10-14-2019, 10:38 AM

73,067 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, to clarify I didn't say that "blacks" should get a life, I was simply trying to say that things aren't that bad these days, that was all.
And there is something I want to clarify. I wasn't talking about everyone who voted for Trump. I'm talking about the wing of Trump supporters who are so loyal that they think Trump can't do any wrong.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:42 AM

628 posts, read 664,046 times
Trump won because white people finally woke up and realized the democrats have been actively trying to replace them for the past 50 years (the "Great Replacement"). Mexicans throughout, Muslims in Minnesota, Asians throughout California, African "refugees". Some whites are proud enough to resist having their birthright taken from them.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:43 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,404,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
The video I posted is actually remarkable. It explains from the strategist at the wheel how Trump seized the opportunity to take back the USA. Notice global lists want one thing. They want a machine which produces money for them. They don't care about people. Recall Bannon saying 'you're a citizen" of a country. That viewpoint reveals why populist won in the UK, Japan, Italy and will continue to do so.

A citizen a person who works and is protected in their country. Globalists want no part of this...cog is wheels to produce more good to earn more money....more power and more prestige. Ken Lay head of Enron at the end of his life was only good to his family if he was dead. Charges disappeared, money stayed with his family. Just a unit of production.

Ultimately what the globalists want is conformity, predictability and submission. They are no different from terrorists or ANTIFA. If you are not like them they will hate you. They are part of the machine which wants to destroy individualizing thoughts differences of opinions and the uniqueness which makes us people. It takes work to discern the differences but when you mention Hunter Biden and they change the subject it's interesting how little difference they will tolerate.

We are not a party, we are people who want urgently to take back our nation from the hands of fascists liars and more. Imagine just imagine what it would be like to be secure in your country being respected as an American.

I remember when it was, and I remembered it just yesterday.
Honey, if you want to be a citizen from a respected country I am afraid Trump just
blew all your dreams up and away to the moon. No sir, this will not happen
as Trump has sullied the nation reputation even worse that Bush did.

So no , what has been going on the last 3 years under dear leader has not
brought any respect to being an American. The world is laughing at us , well not the
east block countries , they are finally getting the world to play by their corrupt rules thanks to Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections