Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 10:41 AM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Trump won a handful of states that went Red last go around. The polling for some of those same states are a little dodgy for the Orange one. I wouldn't be so sure he'll win.

I think if the Dims keep up with their far left horsecrap and if the economy doesn't tank Trump does have a good shot. I will say that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 10:47 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Trump won a handful of states that went Red last go around. The polling for some of those same states are a little dodgy for the Orange one. I wouldn't be so sure he'll win.

I think if the Dims keep up with their far left horsecrap and if the economy doesn't tank Trump does have a good shot. I will say that.
The only reason Republicans stand any chance in the federal races anymore is because the Bible belt and plains will vote R even if the candidate is literally Lucifer

Old 10-18-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
The only reason Republicans stand any chance in the federal races anymore is because the Bible belt and plains will vote R even if the candidate is literally Lucifer
Possibly. I will say that a lot of people when they really get into the weeds of just how much taxes they will have to pay to fund all of the give aways the Dems are talking about, when you really look at it, I don't know how many americans would be so onboard with it.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:07 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The repeal of the 16th amendment (income tax) is a conservative wet dream that in reality won't happen. Unless we go to a strict VAT (and even still that is regressive) the other options are not good for this nation's increasing lower class who cannot afford to live the American way of life anymore due to stagnant wage growth yet prices going up. That said enough has been talked about on this topic.

The repeal of the 17th amendment could mean the end of your super majority of Republican states as more people may vote in the state elections against having a Republican Senator for life. I could accept the repeal of the 17th iff (if and only if) there is term limits for Congress in the amendment. I feel Congressional term limits are far more important than who choses how Senators are placed.

You do realize that Washington made the 22nd Amendment in his farewell address. Every single president until FDR followed his precedent of only seeking two terms in office. Theodore Roosevelt ran in 1912 but lost (and would have been able to run under the way the amendment is written.) Why remove an amendment that for the most part every President followed until FDR forced the issue? Just to put a dementia patient in there and keep him in there? I'm sorry but Trump has some mental issues that are being hidden. The guy is as nutty as my pet coon and he is a crook on top of that. We really want HIM in office that long? Plus President has what other Federal level officials should have, a term limit.

As for the Democrats being done, I don't think so. The Republicans are moving as far to the right along side the crook in chief, if not further (Paul, Lee, et. all) that it forced Democrats to be more progressive. And this isn't a Trump issue, the Republicans were going too right for me and my father with the 2013 Government Shutdown fiasco. The Republicans have only gotten worse since then and now march in lock-step with a man who did illegal things in office, the kind they even tried to impeach a Democrat over even the slightest of implications.
What a GREAT post. The gopers love money too much to give up any kind of tax on the little man.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:13 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Possibly. I will say that a lot of people when they really get into the weeds of just how much taxes they will have to pay to fund all of the give aways the Dems are talking about, when you really look at it, I don't know how many americans would be so onboard with it.
It's more because of the culture war that flyover country votes R

Old 10-18-2019, 11:24 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,343,474 times
Maybe the OP is referring to the Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary inmate council election?

Old 10-18-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Maybe the OP is referring to the Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary inmate council election?
LOL, good one. Funny stuff.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:08 PM

1,070 posts, read 393,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Cameron & Hound,

Yep, Bible Belt and plains - mainly because of Evangeicals!

For me, it’s the 8th wonder of the world why Evangeiical Christians etc. vote for Trump, the LEAST Christian in the US of A!

I don’t get it! I simply don’t get it! Whatever he says/does that ain’t Christian which is pretty-much everything that he does is OK-Fine w/these folks.

Amazing!

Old 10-18-2019, 12:12 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Just repeal the tax giveaways the Republicans gave to the top one percent and the large corporations, so much so that mega giants like Amazon pay NO TAXES whatsoever, and return that money to programs that actually benefit the American people. I don't understand why Republican voters think Amazon deserves their tax dollars more than they do.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNC View Post
Cameron & Hound,

Yep, Bible Belt and plains - mainly because of Evangeicals!

For me, it’s the 8th wonder of the world why Evangeiical Christians etc. vote for Trump, the LEAST Christian in the US of A!

I don’t get it! I simply don’t get it! Whatever he says/does that ain’t Christian which is pretty-much everything that he does is OK-Fine w/these folks.

Amazing!
What is so amazing about it? I mean it's common sense. The Dems are ok with abortion up to 9 month, government paid for at that. LOL I mean is this a surprise to you that since Trump isn't saying that that the evangelical would vote for him.

The Dims are working to decriminalize illegal boarder crossings, and give illegals benefits, tax payer ones at that. People in the Midwest and bible belt have been struggling, last thing they wanna hear is that message.

The Dims scold and lecture and tell the American public about how bad we are and how racist the country is.

Does this really surprise you that more conservative folks would push back against the dem party.

If so, I've got some beach front property right outside of Phoenix for ya, good price too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections