Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 08:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
You, however are obviously looking to be alienated and offended by 'that scary guy has that weirdo foreign name', and people seeking out offense usually find it.
No!...This type of response is typical of how Obama supporters are failing him - This is why I say that his supporters are "baggage" to him.

The criticisms, the points brought up, the questions (yes, even the appearance of exclusion of whites) are issues that have to be reconciled.

People post these issues because they are reconcilling his credibility - No matter how critical the postings may sound, nor even the original intentions of the poster. People that are reading them and commenting are trying to reconcile his credibility.

And, his supporters defenses seem to be name calling and labeling - Not arguable nor factual replies leading to discussion - Name calling and labeling.

And, this is why many people are turned-off by Obama - It's not him personally - It's the people around him. Typically the posters celebrating the demise of white influence.

Sorry to tell you, the country is still a white majority, and they carry much influence. Most of them are relatively new here, from immigrant families that worked hard for generations - not from owning slaves.

And, the hard work results in them having much economic and political influence in this country. And, it's available to anyone who works for it - Obama himself is a good example, isn't he?

By the way, not only was white males excluded from his web site list - But, I also didn't notice the inclusion of "Typical old white women"

And, my point is saying this is that I disagree with listing specific groups as inclusive - even if it is with the intentions of assuming all groups would realize they're included. If that's the case say it up-front - Don't try to divide people.

And, this is dividing people - Just look at your response, and that of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times
Default continuity is more productive

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Can you elaborate? What are your experiences with this type of employment structure? What do you see would be an improvement to this type of plan. Where or what does it fail to address?
Briefly, continuity is more productive. That is, fixed schedules where everyone works as a team - Think of any physical production area - such as in construction, factories or production plants...and even in other workplaces. Success of many companeis requires team-work - everyone is part of the process.

I've worked in environments in which we tried accomodating single mothers and others that had issues to deal with. A good number of problems developed, interfering with overall productivity.

A productive workplace is like a machine - all the parts must be working together.

The government jobs have "carte blanche" - Productivity is not an issue. Private enterprises have to be competitive - they have to be profitable - After all, they'll be paying for this grand experiment in the government workplace - Won't they?

I can give you a very simple example - Single mothers are constantly confronted with problems with child care. And, this is an issue that should be addressed outside the workplace - not inside of it.

There were occassions in which a daycare was closed, or a baby sitter did not show up, and we would let a mother bring in the child for the day. It was always a lost workday - The kid distracted everyone. Not by being a nuisance, but simply by being a cute little kid, that had to give everyone a hug, or a little drawing, and everyone had to stop by during the day to comment on how cute they were, etc. etc. etc...In other words, the kid became a focus of attention - not the day's work.

Again, it is not the place of private industry to have to deal with this. It's unfair to the others that take care of their own lives problems.

Reasonable accomodations are fine - But, reasonable accomodations, not to be counter-productive.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Ah, I see, you don't work (Labor) you don't got to church (People of Faith) you are not a Veteran, you are not interested in Educational issues (Student), you are older (Generation Obama) and you don't care about the Environment because apparently you live in a bubble.

I see now. You are just bitter because the American electorate has finally woken up and realized that there is more to America than white males and that it is being acknowledged, it is starting to irk you.

Did you forgot that Obama, and Clinton were both elected by the same political system that has been electing white males since its formation and both Clinton and Obama know this. They also know that alienating white males is no way to get elected.

You, however are obviously looking to be alienated and offended by 'that scary guy has that weirdo foreign name', and people seeking out offense usually find it.

KA-CHING! Jackpot! Nail on head! EXACTLY!

AWWWWW the poor widdle white guy! My heart is aching at his "neglect".

Old 05-06-2008, 09:17 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
what is an african american? all these labels confuse me. asian american?

Old 05-06-2008, 06:34 PM

442 posts, read 790,641 times
It's just the liberal machine trying to make voters feel guilty about being White Christians.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
I'm a White Male, so which one of these am I supposed to click:

Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Home

Or am I not welcome on Barack Hussein Obama's website?
You must be one of those white, uneducated hicks I've heard so much about.

Old 05-07-2008, 12:43 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,839 times
Quote:
I see now. You are just bitter because the American electorate has finally woken up and realized that there is more to America than white males and that it is being acknowledged, it is starting to irk you.
Quote:
You hit the nail on the head j33. Now the OP knows how the rest of us plebians feel. Too bad so sad.
Quote:
KA-CHING! Jackpot! Nail on head! EXACTLY!

AWWWWW the poor widdle white guy! My heart is aching at his "neglect".
Quote:
You must be one of those white, uneducated hicks I've heard so much about.
These responses must be the product of the kinder, gentler, multicultural society that will lead us to a utopian brotherhood of tolerance and understanding. Feel the love.

I knew the government and television were telling the truth all these years...

Old 05-07-2008, 12:55 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
These responses must be the product of the kinder, gentler, multicultural society that will lead us to a utopian brotherhood of tolerance and understanding. Feel the love.

I knew the government and television were telling the truth all these years...
These responses WERE kind and gentle....too bad you didn't get the point.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:05 AM

4,147 posts, read 8,003,007 times
Their are two thoughts process on the board. Obama supporters and everyone else.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:23 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,413,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
Maybe White Males are not so important anymore? The horror!
I don't mind that my skin color and sex is less significant than it had been in an unjust past. However, I don't understand why, when whites are trying to undo the damage our people caused that we're actually being discriminated against.

Quote:
I think you're misunderstanding what the OP might be saying. If we're all supposed to be equal, why is there any reference to anything that can't be changed?

In regard to the stupid motto at the top of the page: What kind of idiocy is that? Believe in your own ability to change by needing the government to bring it about? That's the kind of contradition that makes me wonder what liberals are thinking.

"We can change by forcing other to help us... " "We have the power to change... by using the government to force others to help us... " "We can have a good life... If some people are slaves... "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections