Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 10:35 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
So Obama did steal the nomination.

The democratic party just showed us all how disorganized it really is to award someone who was NOT on a ballot something.

What kind of message does this send? That you can win even if you dont play the game?

Sad.

I am no Hillary fan and would never cast a vote for her but the democratic party is a mess, poor decisions and lack of a leader, no wonder they favor Obama he fits there idea of the perfect candidate.

He cannot win without Florida and Florida will re pay the idiots who make the decisions.

You just handed Florida to McCain.
Wtf. They broke the rules in the first place, Michigan and Florida. Obama didn't even really campaign in either state. To suddenly go back on their word and count the states would be unfair to Obama, and the democratic process. To not count them at all would still be unfair.

The best solution, IMO, would be to have a revote. But that isn't going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 10:49 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Wtf. They broke the rules in the first place, Michigan and Florida. Obama didn't even really campaign in either state. To suddenly go back on their word and count the states would be unfair to Obama, and the democratic process. To not count them at all would still be unfair.

The best solution, IMO, would be to have a revote. But that isn't going to happen.
I agree with you, the only fair way would be a re vote. The DNC is so fixed on Obama they are going to bend and break the rules to get Obama the nomination.
The Clinton saved the Democratic party from destruction and this is what they get, a total screwing.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:22 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Since Obama will be in office, a run four years from now won't be possible.
Ahem. Since McCain will be in office, a run in 4 years will definitely be a possibility.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:53 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecow1 View Post
LMAO!! Best post of the day!
Yeah, so funny, I forgot to laugh.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:29 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,951,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
He cannot win without Florida and Florida will re pay the idiots who make the decisions.

You just handed Florida to McCain.
Thanks SunshineChick--You're the best gauge on this forum. I like to follow someone with such a consistent batting average. So far, your predictions have been 100% wrong. Which makes you extremely reliable--how many people get 100%? You have a gift!

So the newest prediction is Florida will go to McCain? That's really good news! Congratulations, President Obama.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:07 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Thanks SunshineChick--You're the best gauge on this forum. I like to follow someone with such a consistent batting average. So far, your predictions have been 100% wrong. Which makes you extremely reliable--how many people get 100%? You have a gift!

So the newest prediction is Florida will go to McCain? That's really good news! Congratulations, President Obama.
Tee Hee, you are naughty you know that?

Old 06-01-2008, 09:19 AM

580 posts, read 1,681,268 times
I support Hillary Clinton

I was absolutely disturbed that they had the audacity to add a poll inside Michigan primary that was held. Then many made the suggestion that if the people of Michigan and Florida was not told their votes wont count the results from the primary would be much closer. Which I disagree with, due to the fact that both candidates had supporters who went out to vote, and both candidates had a large amount of supporters who also didn't vote. No reason to think that the majority of the people who didn't vote was Barack Obama supporters just because Hillary Clinton won the primary. I could go on and on about the DNC meeting but I didn't get the chance to see the whole tape yet, but I do plan on it.

Woot Hillary

Old 06-01-2008, 09:26 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Michigan View Post
I support Hillary Clinton

I was absolutely disturbed that they had the audacity to add a poll inside Michigan primary that was held. Then many made the suggestion that if the people of Michigan and Florida was not told their votes wont count the results from the primary would be much closer. Which I disagree with, due to the fact that both candidates had supporters who went out to vote, and both candidates had a large amount of supporters who also didn't vote. No reason to think that the majority of the people who didn't vote was Barack Obama supporters just because Hillary Clinton won the primary. I could go on and on about the DNC meeting but I didn't get the chance to see the whole tape yet, but I do plan on it.

Woot Hillary
It was called a compromise, both Clinton and Obama supporters, in your state, came up with it and the RBC accepted it. Your primary was flawed and uncontested, be thankful that any delegates are being seated at all.

BTW, don't you think it's about time you started going with Woot Barack or Woot Obama? The wicked witch is dead.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:09 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
It was called a compromise, both Clinton and Obama supporters, in your state, came up with it and the RBC accepted it. Your primary was flawed and uncontested, be thankful that any delegates are being seated at all.

BTW, don't you think it's about time you started going with Woot Barack or Woot Obama? The wicked witch is dead.
She is a self declared disturbed person and allow her to be that. Other folks are self declared wet hen's. Allow them their persona and off you go working towards McCain. You have a big battle in front of you and I suggest you focus your energy on tomorrow's upcoming challenge and not yesterday's victory.

Woot
General Election

Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post

You know you are right, its hard to predict the what the democratic party is going to do next. But at least O offer my opinons before it happens instead of after it happens like you seem to do.
Ohh I predicted that Obama will leave the church under pressure, is that considered correct mr know it all?

Isnt it great all the loons sit around a table and pretend like they want rules, rules this, rules that and BREAK THEIR OWN RULES!!

If I judged people on being right or wrong normy you wouldnt have an average because you seem to always post after the facts.

My newest prediction so you will have something to do. Hillary will file a lawsuit because how can one get delegates in a state they were not even on the ballot?

Dont forget that it was I who predicted that Obama will toss his Rev under the bus for political gain, he did.

Dont forget it was I who posted that the democratic party would screw over Clinton so they can hand or steal the nominatin for Nobama.

Dont forget it was I who predicted the loon party would break their own rules in making this decision. They did!

I also am predicting that Nobama will make up more lies and stories and several loons will believe him. Already got that one right!

I also need to predict that the democratic party is in chaos, cannot make a fair and good decision, uhmm sounds like the nosama disease.

How many democrats does it take to make a good decision??

None. They cannot make one. At least they are consistent.

Have a great day!

Dear Loons- Thanks for screwing over the voters of Florida and Michigan, we love the early Christmas present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections