Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:53 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times

Advertisements

last time I checked, air america was the one that was bankrupt. why? most liberals have no personality. at least a couple of the right wing FM talk radio hosts are mildly entertaining. even if they are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Wow, you managed to get almost all of the talking points of right-wing AM radio into one post. Impressive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,871,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
jesus christ, people!!! i know. i know. with there being more than a couple die-hard clinton supporters who will say just about anything, it might be hard to recognize when someone is being sarcastic. i think i better stop since people tend to mistake me for one of those die-hard hillary supporters who make 0 sense.
You are doing just fine making no sense as an Obama supporter

Old 06-03-2008, 12:57 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
here is the only thing that you need to believe about obama. he's an idiotic politician. plain and simple. vote for him and his new campaign slogan. "same we can believe in."
Sour grapes .....

Old 06-03-2008, 12:59 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Images are certainly good tools but they're not the only source of information out there. Researching on your own isn't difficult, and is the only way you can be sure you're getting as close as you can to the truth. For example, research will show you that Obama's economic plans are capitalist, not Marxist.
Everyone should also remember that books, not the Internet, are pretty much the best place to get real information. The internet is a fountain of knowledge, but a corrupted fountain that has been tainted with so much misinformation that it is hard to separate truth from fiction. But, if you read a variety of books on a subject, and get basically similar info. from all of them, you can usually find the truth of a matter. But I know, it is much easier to cruise the net to find your info. Just don't buy everything you find there. If there are 10,000 links, you should probably investigate several and see if you can find any common threads of information within them. Not that I am trying to teach everyone how to use the Internet. I just find this method works out best for me in my individual quests for truth.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:02 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
last time I checked, air america was the one that was bankrupt. why? most liberals have no personality. at least a couple of the right wing FM talk radio hosts are mildly entertaining. even if they are idiots.
I think Air America's fatal flaw was in not recognizing that (1) their audience of college kids wasn't going to send them money and (2) unlike right-wing radio listeners, their target audience didnt need to sit home and listen to the radio to feel connected to the world.

I agree that some of those hosts are entertaining in their own hateful ways. They're selected for it, trained for it, and then paid very well for it.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:03 PM

what a well thought out assessment! thanks for sharing your view! let me guess, I am a clinton supporter, or I am a mccain supporter, right? I am untouchable by obama kid. point is, he's a politician. you are really embarrassing the good name of alexandria, VA, by your generic and vague assessments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnestorr View Post
Sour grapes .....

Old 06-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I am sure that there are plenty of college students who listen to right wing talk radio. by the way, who the hell listens to their radio at home anymore? what is this, 1924?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think Air America's fatal flaw was in not recognizing that (1) their audience of college kids wasn't going to send them money and (2) unlike right-wing radio listeners, their target audience didnt need to sit home and listen to the radio to feel connected to the world.

I agree that some of those hosts are entertaining in their own hateful ways. They're selected for it, trained for it, and then paid very well for it.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Obama’s top adviser is Zbigniew Brzezinski. Brzezinski gave an interview to the French press a number of years ago where he boasted about the fact that it was he who created the whole Afghan jihadi movement, the movement that produced Osama bin Laden. (BILDERBERG)

Another key Obama adviser, Anthony Lake, he was the main force behind the US invasion of Haiti in the mid-Clinton years during which they brought back Aristide essentially in political chains, pledged to support a World Bank/IMF overhaul of the economy, which resulted in an increase in malnutrition deaths among Haitians and set the stage for the current ongoing political disaster in Haiti. (BILDERBERG)

Another key Obama adviser, Dennis Ross. Ross, for many years under both Clinton and Bush 2, a key--he has advised Clinton and both Bushes. He oversaw US policy toward Israel/Palestine. (BILDERBERG)

Another Obama adviser, Sarah Sewall, who heads a human rights center at Harvard and is a former Defense official, she wrote the introduction to General Petraeus’s Marine Corps/Army counterinsurgency handbook, the handbook that is now being used worldwide by US troops in various killing operations. That’s the Obama team. (BILDERBERG)

as YOU CAN SEE,, he is BACKED by bilderberg

Bilderberg has been trying since 1992 to “establish a UN tax” which would be used to finance their globalist-oriented programs. Of course, the brunt of this tax would fall on American workers, and it appears this is being spearheaded by Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.
On Feb. 14, 2008, an Obama-sponsored bill called the “Global Poverty Act” (S 2433) was referred to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee after passing the House. What this bill would do, in effect, is levy a global tax on the United States where an additional 0.7% of the gross national product would be earmarked to foreign aid (on top of what we already give).

Assisting Obama in his endeavors are two longtime Council on Foreign Relations members: the man who has been called Obama’s mentor, Sen. Joseph Biden (D-Del.). Both have attended secret Bilderberg meetings and have been influential in trying to ratify the UN’s Law of the Sea Treaty.

John D. Rockefeller 4th (BILDERBERG) has ENDORSED Obama

John Corzine D- NJ Governor (BILDERBERG) has endorsed Obama

Kathleen Sebelius D- Ks Govenor, (BILDERBERG) has endorsed obama

Janet Napolitano D- Wa Governor (Bilderberg) has endorsed Obama,,,btw she like the others is PRO anmesty, and PRO NAU,,,all NEW WORLD ORDER

The Trilateral Commission which OBAMA is a member. It was founded in July 1973, by David Rockefeller (BILDERBERG, CFR), along with Zbrigniew Brzezinski (BILDERBERG)

North American Union (NAU),,relevant to this process is the publication of NORTH AMERICAN INTEGRATION MONITOR since 2002 by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS). Zbigniew Brzezinski has been a CSIS counselor, and at Mikhail Gorbachev's first State of the World Forum in 1995, Brzezinski revealed: "We cannot leap into world government through one quick step....The precondition for eventual and genuine globalization is progressive regionalization because by that we move toward larger, more stable, more cooperative units."

You may recall that in Brzezinski's BETWEEN TWO AGES (1970), he praised Marxism, and he claimed that "the nation-state is gradually yielding its sovereignty." One aspect of American sovereignty that is being yielded is ownership of American companies by Americans. In the first 9 months of 2007, 69 companies in New England alone have been sold to foreign buyers.

obama is pro amnesty

obama is pro NAU

obama is PRO NWO

obama is open trade,,more jobs we will lose

sorry but obama is not the candidate for change, he is a globalist in socialsit drag

Old 06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,090,455 times
Quote:
I am sure that there are plenty of college students who listen to right wing talk radio. by the way, who the hell listens to their radio at home anymore? what is this, 1924?
I listen to my radio at home, but then again I'm one of those annoying NPR listeners, you know, who prefers her radio announcers barely speak above a whisper?

... actually, that is the classical station (I love making fun of their djs, they are seriously some of the most boring people ever to listen to, I realize that one might not want howard stern dj'ing a classical station, but c'mon folks), the NPR reporters generally suffer from being monotone.

Old 06-03-2008, 01:20 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Everyone should also remember that books, not the Internet, are pretty much the best place to get real information. The internet is a fountain of knowledge, but a corrupted fountain that has been tainted with so much misinformation that it is hard to separate truth from fiction. But, if you read a variety of books on a subject, and get basically similar info. from all of them, you can usually find the truth of a matter. But I know, it is much easier to cruise the net to find your info. Just don't buy everything you find there. If there are 10,000 links, you should probably investigate several and see if you can find any common threads of information within them. Not that I am trying to teach everyone how to use the Internet. I just find this method works out best for me in my individual quests for truth.
Oh - you're joking - dont try to condescend to me about reading, please.

Since this is an internet forum I recommended internet resources, and of those, as I recall, sources as pure and direct as are available. I didn't want to insult him by implying he wouldn't know the difference between a blog comment and a Senate record.

Don't believe I advised him to double-check every cite, since I presumed he'd know to do that. I did recommend he wander afield in his reading.

And - though books have editors, many also have agendas, particularly in the political realm.

Or she.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections