Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the MAIN reason you are voting for Obama
His political accomplishments 4 3.45%
He inspires me 14 12.07%
His plans for the future 26 22.41%
He is not McCain 10 8.62%
He not a republican 3 2.59%
He is "new Washington" 3 2.59%
He's black 6 5.17%
Im not voting for him 50 43.10%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 07:16 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Very obvious.

They stand in stark contrast.

Maybe you aren't aware of the tone of your posts and your incessant Obama-bashing.

You aren't upset that the coming tax increases will be to pay back China for money that Bush borrowed and has already spent? And what do we have to show for all that spending? Where did this record amount of spending go? Where are the new highways, new schools, expanded airports offering better, safer service?

These things upset me.

Obama's candidacy doesn't.

Mine, too. It's hard for me to grasp how 23% of the American public can still support Bush at this point. His approval should really be in the low single digits. Lots of people just don't pay attention.

I understand that Obama has a big challenge ahead of him. He's already knocked over one huge callenge, though. Let's check back in November on your prediction of him losing badly. I predict he'll win narrowly.
trust me, whatever I post, it's done with a smile on my face. anger and violence don't exist with me. those are for politicians. I don't believe they stand in stark contrast. you want to know what I see as the difference between the two? one is a democrat, and one is a republican. mccain is a big government, big spending, deficit loving, warmonger. obama is a big government, big spending, tax loving, warmonger. one loves debt, one causes debt with taxation. what's the difference? for the record, I don't support bush, and I never voted for bush. as for spending. it really doesn't upset me all that much. they could either waste it in iraq, or they could waste it here. it does suck that we blew all that cash in iraq, a country that hates us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 07:30 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
trust me, whatever I post, it's done with a smile on my face. anger and violence don't exist with me. those are for politicians. I don't believe they stand in stark contrast. you want to know what I see as the difference between the two? one is a democrat, and one is a republican. mccain is a big government, big spending, deficit loving, warmonger. obama is a big government, big spending, tax loving, warmonger. one loves debt, one causes debt with taxation. what's the difference?

You say there's no difference.

Yet you spend your posting time here slagging on Obama.

Quote:
for the record, I don't support bush, and I never voted for bush. as for spending. it really doesn't upset me all that much. they could either waste it in iraq, or they could waste it here. it does suck that we blew all that cash in iraq, a country that hates us.
Ingrates.

Old 06-07-2008, 07:32 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You say there's no difference.

Yet you spend your posting time here slagging on Obama.

Ingrates.
I wouldn't spend time slagging on obama if there were any I love mccain threads. show them to me, and lead me to the sheep.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:48 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
and lead me to the sheep.
I assume you want to approach them from behind.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:48 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
if you liked bush you will love mccain.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
I wouldn't spend time slagging on obama if there were any I love mccain threads.
Any particular reason there are no 'I love McCain' threads, ya suppose?

Quote:
show them to me, and lead me to the sheep.
Speaking of sheep, certain posters' childish jabs at Obama are no doubt directly commanded from hate radio central.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:58 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The question is... different in a good way or different in a bad way?
Good way.... I tend to think that McCain will just be Bush's 3rd term.
It's not like I have a crystal ball and can tell you who will be the best choice... I just go by what seems best. And to me, it's Obama.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Just an easy quick question.

Care to explain in detail go ahead.
I'm voting for him because he will first humiliate the whites, then impoverish them, then kill them.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
This poll clearly shows why Obama is getting alot of support. He has a plan for the fture and he inspires people. He makes people believe that the people can have the power again in their country. The fact that he is black comes in a distant 4th place which proves most are not supporting him because of his skin color.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I'm voting for him because he will first humiliate the whites, then impoverish them, then kill them.
I was drinking water when i read this and it almost made me choke
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections