Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 01:56 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times

Advertisements

Well at least there's now 1 reason to justify me voting for him. Thanks to the op for providing the link to this huge bureaucratic envirolobby.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 01:57 PM

2,654 posts, read 5,762,576 times
yes that global warming is all just a big sham cooked up by the liberal media

Old 06-07-2008, 01:58 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
When you have rolling blackout more often in summer ;have gas lines as other countries out bid our oil companies for contracts ;you likely will do what you have to to heat;cool or have transportation.But then you will need to be upper middle class to be in line much anyway.The upper class which all politcnas are in will install private pumpsl ike the hollywood elite did in the 70's.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:05 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I don't know...environment for me is a very very important issue and the fact that McCain skipped on makes me very nervous. After Bush, we really need a president who is consious of all the environmental issues today.
Yes, Democrats are very conscious of environmental issues, such as: opposing any new state of the art refineries that would be more efficient & cleaner than the older ones, and opposing any kind of drilling in the ANWR so that we can finally reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

Ever wonder why gas prices are extremely high? One reason is the fact that we're too dependent on OPEC. The United States relies too much on foreigners for our oil supply, when there is plenty of domestic oil available off our coasts and in the Arctic regions. We could be using those other sources ... but those wonderful environmentalists have had a major influence in halting any kind of new drilling. As a result, we're forced to rely on Muslim countries (who hate us), and we're paying for it with $4 per gallon gas prices. Hope you're happy!

Old 06-07-2008, 03:21 PM

7,271 posts, read 10,601,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Yes, Democrats are very conscious of environmental issues, such as: opposing any new state of the art refineries that would be more efficient & cleaner than the older ones, and opposing any kind of drilling in the ANWR so that we can finally reduce our dependence on foreign oil.

Ever wonder why gas prices are extremely high? One reason is the fact that we're too dependent on OPEC. The United States relies too much on foreigners for our oil supply, when there is plenty of domestic oil available off our coasts and in the Arctic regions. We could be using those other sources ... but those wonderful environmentalists have had a major influence in halting any kind of new drilling. As a result, we're forced to rely on Muslim countries (who hate us), and we're paying for it with $4 per gallon gas prices. Hope you're happy!
Nevermind the fact that our supposed domestic oil supply would only last 15 or less years -- but compromising our environmental reserves makes that worth it, right?

I cannot think of any more of a ludicrous idea than to invest in oil today. That would be like investing in A-trak in the 90s. We are in a new age of technology and energy, and we need to be focusing our investment in new energy. Prolonging our insatiable oil demand is completely counter-intuitive to our future survival based on transportation.

Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM

8,044 posts, read 12,267,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
Nevermind the fact that our supposed domestic oil supply would only last 15 or less years -- but compromising our environmental reserves makes that worth it, right?
There are various speculations as to how long the ANWR oil supply would last. Some are saying up to 40 or 50 years. Regardless, I think it's ludicrous to preserve something that is nothing more than a frozen wasteland consisting of very few animal habitats, when there is oil available for drilling and helping us reduce our dependence on Arabs who despise us. Besides, oil drilling in that region would have virtually no impact on what little wildlife there is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duderino View Post
I cannot think of any more of a ludicrous idea than to invest in oil today. That would be like investing in A-trak in the 90s. We are in a new age of technology and energy, and we need to be focusing our investment in new energy. Prolonging our insatiable oil demand is completely counter-intuitive to our future survival based on transportation.
I have to agree to a point. We should definitely be investing in better technology and new energy sources. They are available, but they take a while to become established. Meanwhile, during the time it takes to bring those new energy sources to life, we can & should be using domestic oil. Relying on towel heads to supply our oil makes no sense when it's available in our own back yard.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:56 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
The fact that the Sierra Club doesn't like him tells me that maybe McCain isn't all that bad after all.
LOL...You and me! I feel better about him now!!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:13 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

Umm - if you notice, I didn't mention democrats in my original post as I'm not trying to sway anyone in any direction. I'm an independent voter and still deciding between 2 candidates (and their VP choices can play a big part as I'm not a fan of any candidates now). However, I happen to agree with Duderino here.

Actually, anyone who doesn't show much concern for environment gets huge thumbs down from me.
It's amazing to me that in this day and age, some people still think "global warming" is a conspiracy!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:19 PM

654 posts, read 1,210,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
yes that global warming is all just a big sham cooked up by the liberal media

Ask Al Gore how much money he is making off of this ponzi scheme. It is obscene!

Al Gore = L. Ron Hubbard

Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,385,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp1978 View Post
Ask Al Gore how much money he is making off of this ponzi scheme. It is obscene!

Al Gore = L. Ron Hubbard
Perhaps when you realize how much ice has melted, you might think differently. Gosh, people really need to stop living in denial.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections