Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 07:37 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
The Obomabots are starting to sound a bit...odd.

Anyway, if "they" asked the Unabomber to be Obama's running mate and he said no, I'm sure B. Hussein Obama would be sad, but luckily would have a great back-up: William Ayres his buddy and also a terrorist/bomber.
Yeah we sound odd but you sound... And the whole use of Hussein is soooooo 8th grade. Is there a reason you don't type McCain's middle name every time you mention him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 07:47 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
No sour grapes from me! I'm thrilled Hillary got thrown under the bus by her own party.
? The link and the thread have nothing to do with Hillary.
Quote:
Obama will be much easier to beat than Hill. McCain would have had a harder fight with her, because as we all know she was a more viable candidate.
Uh-huh, sure... So that whole failed Operation Chaos business was just part of the grand scheme?

Famously, in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure when Pee-Wee Herman fell off his bike in front of everyone and was embarrassed, he saved face by muttering, "I meant to do that."

So you all have taken on the Pee-Wee Herman strategy?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:51 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALteacher View Post
Ohio is a key battleground state as is Michigan and Pennsylvania. I think Obama will win two out of the three. Just a guess.
Well he won't lose Michigan, so which one is your bet?

Old 06-11-2008, 08:01 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah we sound odd but you sound... And the whole use of Hussein is soooooo 8th grade. Is there a reason you don't type McCain's middle name every time you mention him?
I used to ignore the silly posts that used terms like "mortican MacCain". Then I thought these bird brains should get a like response. So every time I see a post like that (with a point that I want to comment on anyway) I use B. Hussein Obama when talking about Mr. O.

I don't use it when I'm responding to a thoughtful post. However, I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. It's his name. And it highlights his background as half Arab. I think that is a bit of info a lot of people don't know...that he's not half "black" like the african americans in this country...but he is half Arab. Or something like 47% arab/ 3% negro. I read this I think on Littlegreenfootballs.com a rightwing site. They had the details from his dad's bith certificate and his dad was something like 93% arab, 7% negro. That is what it said on the birth certificate, not something made up to be incendiary. I'm wandering if this is not the same reason BO doesn't want to show his birth certificate.

As far as so 8th grade...those smilies that are used by certain people are quite 4th grade IMHO.

I don't use McCain's middle name Sidney when referring to him, but it certainly doesn't bother me if you all do.

I do think it's funny that the left stamp their feet in a rage when Mr. Obama's middle name Hussein is used considering they called President Bush "W" in a derogatory fashion for the last 8+ years. But that is like the left...it's okay for them to do something, when the right does it it is some kind of "ism"....racism, sexism, etc. Another reason I left the dem party.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
I used to ignore the silly posts that used terms like "mortican MacCain". Then I thought these bird brains should get a like response. So every time I see a post like that (with a point that I want to comment on anyway) I use B. Hussein Obama when talking about Mr. O.

I don't use it when I'm responding to a thoughtful post. However, I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. It's his name. And it highlights his background as half Arab. I think that is a bit of info a lot of people don't know...that he's not half "black" like the african americans in this country...but he is half Arab. Or something like 47% arab/ 3% negro. I read this I think on Littlegreenfootballs.com a rightwing site. They had the details from his dad's bith certificate and his dad was something like 93% arab, 7% negro. That is what it said on the birth certificate, not something made up to be incendiary. I'm wandering if this is not the same reason BO doesn't want to show his birth certificate.

As far as so 8th grade...those smilies that are used by certain people are quite 4th grade IMHO.

I don't use McCain's middle name Sidney when referring to him, but it certainly doesn't bother me if you all do.

I do think it's funny that the left stamp their feet in a rage when Mr. Obama's middle name Hussein is used considering they called President Bush "W" in a derogatory fashion for the last 8+ years. But that is like the left...it's okay for them to do something, when the right does it it is some kind of "ism"....racism, sexism, etc. Another reason I left the dem party.
The birth cert thing - this was covered somewhere else, your birth certificate doesnt give your race as "Arab" or "Scandinavian."

Constant invocation of "Hussein" irritates people because it implies he has some nefarious connection to a sore spot the American people have, 9/11, and because by using it you show yourself to be the right-wing hate-email believer type. Were you not aware of this? I hope you understand now.

Last edited by delusianne; 06-11-2008 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: typeaux

Old 06-11-2008, 08:13 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Try not to consider things as being annoying. They are mere words that are produced by human beings. Focus more on the human beings and develop code words to describe them. That way it won't be a personal attack.

Example:

That was very tyuiopasdf.

See did I mean them or their post?

Hopefully that will make you feel better.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:22 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
Quote:
I don't use it when I'm responding to a thoughtful post. However, I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. It's his name. And it highlights his background as half Arab. I think that is a bit of info a lot of people don't know...that he's not half "black" like the african americans in this country...but he is half Arab. Or something like 47% arab/ 3% negro. I read this I think on Littlegreenfootballs.com a rightwing site. They had the details from his dad's bith certificate and his dad was something like 93% arab, 7% negro. That is what it said on the birth certificate, not something made up to be incendiary. I'm wandering if this is not the same reason BO doesn't want to show his birth certificate..
Let's all wander about that, shall we? So he's half white and half arab and 3% negro ? So that would make him 103%? or maybe he's 50% arab, 3% negro and 47% arab? I'm still having a hard time figuring out how his dad was 7% negro? Myabe one of his parents parents parents parents were negro but then after that they only had children with Arab people who had no other genes and so the negro portion was cancelled out? Maybe I need to take some course on genealogy.

Quote:
I use the smilies because if I actually typed what I was really thinking I'd kicked off the boards. So I think it and it makes me smile, so I use the smiley.

Quote:
I wasn't stamping my feet just asking a question. And stupid me I thought they were using the W to distingush him from the other President Bush. I never knew the letter W was so derogatory.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:29 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I use the smilies because if I actually typed what I was really thinking I'd kicked off the boards. So I think it and it makes me smile, so I use the smiley.
I thought I was the only one who did that!!!

Yup, smilies more often than not they are a little shorthand reminder that I had a kick-ass comment--but decided not to make it. I see that smiley when I scroll through the thread later--and it makes me chuckle. Only I know the secret comment it represents.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:15 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
However, I certainly don't see anything wrong with it. It's his name. And it highlights his background as half Arab. I think that is a bit of info a lot of people don't know...that he's not half "black" like the african americans in this country...but he is half Arab. Or something like 47% arab/ 3% negro. I read this I think on Littlegreenfootballs.com a rightwing site. They had the details from his dad's bith certificate and his dad was something like 93% arab, 7% negro. That is what it said on the birth certificate, not something made up to be incendiary. I'm wandering if this is not the same reason BO doesn't want to show his birth certificate.
Link it up. If he will not release his birth certificate, how does this site know? Since when is %'s of race listed on a birth certificate?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM

289 posts, read 362,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Strickland is a first term Gov. I doubt if he would have had much effect anyway, personally I'm glad he's taken himself out of the running.
He also stated some time ago that he would not be interested in the VP spot if Hillary Won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections