Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 09:46 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times

Advertisements

Why do this reports or possible reports come out. LETS look at what he has done for sure and talks about doing now and we should all know NOT to vote for McCain. Same goes for Obama.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:26 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Prior to be shot down did he? I mean if Obama needs to show his birth certificate then McCain needs to answer if he ever dropped napalm as part of his munitions repetoire and who the target was. Did you John? Fess up yes or no is simple and if yes who was the target?

A True Hero of the Vietnam War, Humanity and Country by Rev. Emmanuel Charles McCarthy
NAPALM. The most effective "anti-personnel" weapon, it is euphemistically described as "unfamiliar cooking fluid" by those apologists for American military methods. They automatically attribute all napalm cases to domestic accidents caused by the people using gasoline instead of kerosene in their cooking stoves. Kerosene is far too expensive for the peasants, who normally use charcoal for cooking. The only "cooking fluid" they know is very "unfamiliar" – it is delivered through their roofs by U.S. planes.

Some of its finer selling points were explained to me by a pilot in 1966: "We sure are pleased with those backroom boys at Dow. The original product wasn’t so hot – if the gooks were quick they could scrape it off. So the boys started adding polystyrene – now it sticks like **** to a blanket. But then if the gooks jumped under water it stopped burning, so they started adding Willie Peter (WP – white phosphorous) so’s to make it burn better. It’ll even burn under water now. And just one drop is enough, it’ll keep on burning right down to the bone so they die anyway from phosphorous poisoning."

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/12676 (broken link)
McCain knew that what he was doing was wrong. Three months before he fell into that Hanoi lake, he barely survived when his fellow sailors accidentally fired a missile at his plane while it was getting ready to take off from his ship. The blast set off bombs and ordnance across the deck of the aircraft carrier. The conflagration, which took 24 hours to bring under control, killed 132 sailors. A few days later, a shaken McCain told a New York Times reporter in Saigon: "Now that I've seen what the bombs and the napalm did to the people on our ship, I'm not so sure that I want to drop any more of that stuff on North Vietnam."

Yet he did.

"I am a war criminal," McCain said on "60 Minutes" in 1997. "I bombed innocent women and children." Although it came too late to save the Vietnamese he'd killed 30 years earlier, it was a brave statement. Nevertheless, he smiles agreeably as he hears himself described as a "war hero" as he arrives at rallies in a bus marked "No Surrender."

Is this the smoking napalm confession of a mass murderer? No wonder he is willing to bomb Iran and may even use tactical nuclear weapons to accomplish his goal.
War is hell.
People will die.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:19 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
War is hell.
People will die.
And thus the need for leadership that values the sanctity of life and does not see war as means to nation building for us while practicing nation destruction on others.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
War is hell.
People will die.
Funny, that's what Osama bin Laden said on his first tapes to the US. I dont think he shrugged though, as you're doing.

Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Why do this reports or possible reports come out. LETS look at what he has done for sure and talks about doing now and we should all know NOT to vote for McCain. Same goes for Obama.
Umm. Ok. What does this topic have to do with Senator Obama?
Given Senator McCain's historic stature as a Veteran and former POW how do you think he will approach war time decisions? What specifically convinces you that he is a foreign policy expert and is capable of critically thinking before sending our men and women into harms way? Will he try diplomacy in Iran? Or is there a greater than avg. chance that we will be engaged in a three front War in 2009, without full exercise of diplomacy?

Please don't tell me we have to appear strong, ignore our enemies, yada, yada, yada. The implication of America's strength follows her everywhere, it doesn't have to be stated and we don't have to issue threats. No one has any misconception regarding what we are capable of.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:25 PM

How many times has the word Statesman been used in this campaign? Whatever happened to nations wanting a Statesman as their leader instead of our insatiable need for a warrior.
Maybe just maybe thats why we are fighting on two fronts and about to engage a third one. Maybe thats why these confrontations are sucking us dry as a nation. Statesman when is the last time you heard someone ask who would be the better Statesman?

Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Who cares?
Two days later seems like alot. Maybe I had a heads up of what was coming?
Ya Think? And to think you heard it here, perhaps first since you were at the start of the thread.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And thus the need for leadership that values the sanctity of life and does not see war as means to nation building for us while practicing nation destruction on others.
"Sanctity of life" would suggest a pro-life viewpoint. McCain has it. Obama doesn't.

YouTube - Obama Says A Baby Is A Punishment

Old 06-30-2008, 05:10 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
name calling after a fight does not work for me. when someone is trying to harm you, all and any means of defense are appropriate. when we send our soldiers and police officers to jail we seem to be forgetting this. when you smear mccain you smear all of us that have served.
happy 4th of july.

Old 06-30-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
name calling after a fight does not work for me. when someone is trying to harm you, all and any means of defense are appropriate. when we send our soldiers and police officers to jail we seem to be forgetting this. when you smear mccain you smear all of us that have served.
happy 4th of july.
And thats what the terrorist muttered as the planes approached the World Trade Center. Soldiers should not be sent to jail for doing their job. Policing soldiers is the job of the military. Sorry but when I smear McCain I smear McCain for what he stands for and when I support McCain it is for what he stands for. Not you either way. If I say his stance on pork barrel would be what I want in a President that doesn't mean I want you as President because of your pork barrel position.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections