Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnari View Post
In America being racist is ONLY when white people hate black people not the other way round.
You can't be serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:53 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
No one twisted words. Those quotes were word for word right from his racist books.

Just another case of some people are so in love with this racist that even if he was caught molesting a child his supporters would still stick up for him.

Pathetic !
Go check the snopes page and feel pathetic yourself, because some of those quotes are TOTALLY MADE UP.

Obama supporter or not - THEY ARE NOT IN ANY OF HIS BOOKS.

People will believe ANYTHING they read in an email, that's pathetic.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:04 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
His this man who is a racist bigot is running for the Presidency of our country, you damn bet we can go over it again and again.
This is far more important then someones financials, someones real estate records, someones skin cancer that seems to be posted over and over and over again and means nothing.

I know in my heart this man is hiding allot from us, I know that he is scamming us to no end.

To read this stuff reminds me of why I dislike him so much.

He doesnt deserve to be in this position, he does not have the tools, the experience or the decision making needed to do this job. Put that with his racist life of hate and bigotry and it makes for a terrible mistake.

We cannot make this mistake. Its not the time for a trial run.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The thing that gets me is that he isn't supid and he certainly knew the racist hate speech of the Rev WRight. He now claims to have been sleeping i the churach to have missed it. He decided to joi that radicval racist church;nobody made him do it. He claims to somehow be different but reports have revealed how he prcticed the politcics of exclusion in his race for the illonsis senate race bychallenging the voter signatures just before the election becuase some had printwed their name. He is chicago ploitics as usual the worse of the ditry tricks type of american politics.He is were Ius and on TV he would ahve been kicked off the air for what he has said about white people and by his assocaiation with other racist.I couldn't vote for him anymore than a whte supremist leader.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:45 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The thing that gets me is that he isn't supid and he certainly knew the racist hate speech of the Rev WRight. He now claims to have been sleeping i the churach to have missed it. He decided to joi that radicval racist church;nobody made him do it. He claims to somehow be different but reports have revealed how he prcticed the politcics of exclusion in his race for the illonsis senate race bychallenging the voter signatures just before the election becuase some had printwed their name. He is chicago ploitics as usual the worse of the ditry tricks type of american politics.He is were Ius and on TV he would ahve been kicked off the air for what he has said about white people and by his assocaiation with other racist.I couldn't vote for him anymore than a whte supremist leader.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:00 AM

617 posts, read 2,073,118 times
I won't go through all of this but after reading the Snopes page, this stood out:

Quote:
And FINALLY the Most Damming one of ALL of them!!!
From Audacity of Hope: 'I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.'
From Snopes:
Quote:
In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.
After 9/11, my son's friend who was born in the USA but whose parents came here from Palestine decades ago, was pulled over for speeding. He was taken to the police station, held in custody for hours and threatened with deportation. The kid was 19 years old and terrified. He spoke perfect English and as I said, WAS BORN HERE.

I believe that type of behavior is what Obama was referencing and I agree with him.

I'm not comfortable with the things Obama said in regard to people clinging to their religion and guns due to the economic downshift in middle America, but let's not paraphrase and reinvent the meaning of the things he's said.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:08 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
scorpy01, I'm not bringing it up, but you understand what he meant about the winds shifting. Please go back and understand what he meant about the guns and Bibles.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:21 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,662,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
I won't go through all of this but after reading the Snopes page, this stood out:

From Snopes:

After 9/11, my son's friend who was born in the USA but whose parents came here from Palestine decades ago, was pulled over for speeding. He was taken to the police station, held in custody for hours and threatened with deportation. The kid was 19 years old and terrified. He spoke perfect English and as I said, WAS BORN HERE.

I believe that type of behavior is what Obama was referencing and I agree with him.

I'm not comfortable with the things Obama said in regard to people clinging to their religion and guns due to the economic downshift in middle America, but let's not paraphrase and reinvent the meaning of the things he's said.
Good points scorpy. Lets not also forget that according to the Koran, one is forbidden to convert from Islam. The penalty is death. Barry Hussien has been going to a non muslim church, a very very anti white racist church for 23 years. He still has the religion of his birth in his blood. One never leave Islam. And I link those sentimental and nostalgic feelings to that saying "standing with the muslims".

This guy is bad news. Not to mention a wife who so deeply dislikes our country. How can having these 2 clowns in office be good for our country? Beats me!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
scorpy01, I'm not bringing it up, but you understand what he meant about the winds shifting. Please go back and understand what he meant about the guns and Bibles.
We can talk about that in another thread if you'd like or point me to one if it already exists. I know how I understood it but I'd be willing to hear a different interpretation, too.

Old 06-30-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Good points scorpy. Lets not also forget that according to the Koran, one is forbidden to convert from Islam. The penalty is death. Barry Hussien has been going to a non muslim church, a very very anti white racist church for 23 years. He still has the religion of his birth in his blood. One never leave Islam. And I link those sentimental and nostalgic feelings to that saying "standing with the muslims".

This guy is bad news. Not to mention a wife who so deeply dislikes our country. How can having these 2 clowns in office be good for our country? Beats me!
Those are a whole lot of issues. I'll just say that I had a dear friend who was raised Muslim. He passed away when we were young adults and that was the first time (at the funeral home) I'd ever seen the Koran. Being Muslim does not exclude someone from political office for me. Nor does being atheist or Mormon or Jewish or Baptist...

As to the hate speech of his former pastor or some of the quotes from his wife, I find those things troubling. I imagine his supporters are okay with those issues and his opponents are not. I doubt that debating them will make much difference at this point, since they've been debated and mentioned so repeatedly here and elsewhere online and in the media.

Last edited by scorpy01; 06-30-2008 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections