Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 11:08 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,418,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
Waning: this consists excessive use of the N-word. And by that, I mean n*gger. There, I said it!

Now, as a person of Black American descent and on the verge of graduating from college, this is nothing new to me or to any black person who wants to do something w/ their lives. As I like to call Sharpton and Jackson, these are just jealous Bitter N*ggers. Whenever a black person is succeeding or is making his own way to succeed in society, some hate-whitey house-n*gger has to hate on their success (and I'm using the N-word to indicate those who sit around, live off welfare, and hate blacks who pull up their bootstraps all in the name of "keepin' it real," not all blacks in general). These same militant leaders, however, will show the utmost mercy and sympathy when a hood gangsta gets locked up or a thug loving c*nt ***** gets pregnant by a hood gangsta; they'll say it's the system's fault, it's whitey's fault, it's everyone fault but theirs and the black community. This is the main reason why I hate these anti-progressive, welfare-loving, thuggish-defending, militant n*ggers. As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't know why Obama and Cosby would waste another second on the blacks who want to revel in the negative stereotypes instead of going to Congress and pushing the censuring of these porch-house n*ggers and poor-ol'-Negroes from all media airways and only show blacks who are either successful or at the least Average Joes.
Thanks for the warning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 11:10 AM

564 posts, read 894,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080709/capt.aae9a87c15ce48048eab0b729d944c36.obama_jackso n_ny122.jpg (broken link)

YouTube - OBAMA - CHANGE WE CAN IMAGINE

Old 07-10-2008, 12:10 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,310,037 times
I get the feeling Jesse doesn't really like Obama for whatever reason. But JJ is such a non-issue, who cares. But wow for someone old like him to get caught out there like that. It looked so bad. What the heck was he thinking? I still don't really get what he was trying to say about Obama talking down to Black people, what was he referring to?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:12 PM
mga

230 posts, read 398,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
I get the feeling Jesse doesn't really like Obama for whatever reason. But JJ is such a non-issue, who cares. But wow for someone old like him to get caught out there like that. It looked so bad. What the heck was he thinking? I still don't really get what he was trying to say about Obama talking down to Black people, what was he referring to?
heh...question of the day.

i'm sure some forum 'experts" will explain it much better than jackson could.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:50 PM

106 posts, read 307,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Did you think that Bill Cosby's talks/books on this same subject were excellent?

Conservatives have been saying everything that Obama has said re: black responsibility. for the past 30+ years and have repeatedly been called racist. Do you admire those people as much as you do Mr. Obama?

I actually agree with what Bill Cosby said stop blaming the Man and man up and do your part as a parent. Part of the problem with Bill Cosby however is he said that and then had all of these other issues going on like accusations of rape and an illegitimate child. If you are going to throw stones perhaps you shouldn't live in a glass house.

Now the difference with some conservatives saying it is that it often isn't coming from the same place and is without the understanding. It is usually a condescending I don't understand why you black people can't do better. That's different from saying "we as a people can and need to do better, lets do it together".

In addition to Obama's speech patterns changing when talking with Black people, many white people don't understand it but Black people and non-American people do it every day. I have a thick non-American accent naturally, when I am speaking with people from my part of the world I let the accent loose and when speaking with people from my country I slip into dialect completely. However on the job and amongst Americans it is impossible to tell that I am not American - it is called being adaptable.

Many black Americans that I know switch because speaking African American Verncaular is looked down upon by many as being ignorant and sounding uneducated however in a more relaxed setting, they can easily switch back into it.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM

938 posts, read 2,905,187 times
This is hilarious. I want that as a bumper sticker " I'm gonna cut (Obama's) nuts out!" - Rev. Jesse Jackson.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:25 PM

7,024 posts, read 11,434,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
heh...question of the day.

i'm sure some forum 'experts" will explain it much better than jackson could.
Sorry you missed my earlier post. In a nutshell, whether or not Obama becomes President it makes Jesse and Al and their racist mantra obsolete. They are relics of the past who IMHO were useless pimps of the civil rights movement who have profitted from victimizing us and crying racism at every turn. Throw in a little jealousy for good measure since both Al and Jesse "ran" for POTUS and never had a chance.

A Black POTUS for all intents and purposes will sabotage all of their woe is me racially motivated profiteering. The MSM are the last ones standing that actually give Al and Jesse the time of day and consider them representatives of the "Black Community." While a few of my racial peers remain a captive audience of Jesse and Al's the majority of us have long ago moved away from the negative, divisive stereotypical box they placed us in, in order to make themselves appear important and relevant representatives of our race.

While America has a long way to go in terms of racial divisiveness we don't need Jesse and Al stirring the pot of racial hatred and division. It's time to retire the dinosaurs, by now they should have saved enough of our tax dollars to build elaborate caves and retire in style.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:01 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,402,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sorry you missed my earlier post. In a nutshell, whether or not Obama becomes President it makes Jesse and Al and their racist mantra obsolete. They are relics of the past who IMHO were useless pimps of the civil rights movement who have profitted from victimizing us and crying racism at every turn. Throw in a little jealousy for good measure since both Al and Jesse "ran" for POTUS and never had a chance.

A Black POTUS for all intents and purposes will sabotage all of their woe is me racially motivated profiteering. The MSM are the last ones standing that actually give Al and Jesse the time of day and consider them representatives of the "Black Community." While a few of my racial peers remain a captive audience of Jesse and Al's the majority of us have long ago moved away from the negative, divisive stereotypical box they placed us in, in order to make themselves appear important and relevant representatives of our race.

While America has a long way to go in terms of racial divisiveness we don't need Jesse and Al stirring the pot of racial hatred and division. It's time to retire the dinosaurs, by now they should have saved enough of our tax dollars to build elaborate caves and retire in style.
Yeah, actually this may indeed prove to be a watershed moment for Black civil rights (and their activists) - a time when the older generation (who came from a time when Blacks WERE seriously oppressed) are shouldered aside by the more pragmatic younger generation like Obama who - while they still see inequality - tend to also be willing to face up to the reality that at least some of the problems Blacks face are of their own creation (or at the very least are best solved by them themselves rather than by big government).

Could be an important step.

Ken

Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,889,891 times
Jesse told the guy listneing that Barrack was looking down on blacks or putting them down somehow. What he was referring to was a fathersday speech where obama was suggesting that Black men and fathers need to tkae responsability.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
mga

230 posts, read 398,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post

sorry, but i don't buy that.

granted, jesse and al have been long time fighters for civil rights, although at times maybe a bit too overzealous, but i don't believe either one has an attitude because obama got closer than they did.

now, had jesse made that remark while in front of a camera, then i might agree in part with you, but he made the remark thinking he was "off the mic" to a friend.

again, i have to ask, what, exactly, did jesse mean when he said obama was talking down to blacks?

if anyone is "talking down" to blacks, it's people like reverend wright, who is stirring them up and falsely making them believe in things that are not true, while making a profit at doing so. did jesse mean that obama is doing the same thing? so far, no one has addressed the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections