Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 09:19 PM

2,260 posts, read 3,882,428 times

Advertisements

In watching the exchange between jackson and the other fella I was left with the impression that Jackson was posturing...as if...the naive innocent Obama needs his guidance and council. It was like he was trying to impress upon the listener that he is more important than Obama and knows what is best for him and the black community.

egotistical skunk blech.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 11:26 PM

20,346 posts, read 19,937,992 times
At first, when I heard Jackson talking about castrating Obama, I assumed he decided to join the Klan.

Politics does make for some mighty stange bedfellows.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hal512 View Post
It's spelled biaotch not beiatch and the fact that I know that means I should now pull the trigger....
I thought it was biatch!

Old 07-09-2008, 11:44 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,660 times
I pray to God that if Obama gets elected, the ambulance-chasing, race-baiting scum like Sharpton and Jackson crawl back in their holes and rot. They have done more damage to the African-American community and race relations than the KKK. Their continual attitude of dependency, lack of accountability and fear-mongering has painted the black community in ways that white racists could never do. Just goes to show that racism and stupidity are not reserved solely for whites.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:18 AM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times
Since Jackson supports him only because he is black, does that mean Jackson is a racist then?

He doesnt support him in his heart and he meant what he said, he is two faced and feels that Obama is an elitist who looks down on blacks, just like he said.

He can apologize all he wants but he meant what he said.

If he feels this way then why support him? because he is black and Jackson said this is an historical moment in time?

How about supporting the best candidate Jesse?

Old 07-10-2008, 12:29 AM

106 posts, read 307,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I pray to God that if Obama gets elected, the ambulance-chasing, race-baiting scum like Sharpton and Jackson crawl back in their holes and rot. They have done more damage to the African-American community and race relations than the KKK. Their continual attitude of dependency, lack of accountability and fear-mongering has painted the black community in ways that white racists could never do. Just goes to show that racism and stupidity are not reserved solely for whites.
Well said!

Obama's Father's Day and subsequent speeches were excellent. How can one be mad when men are told to pay child support, spend time with your children, turn off the tv and understand that children are more likely to get into trouble without a father in their lives. Jesse just proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that he is an ignorant buffon.

In addition the only people who believe that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speak for "the black community" are the media who always jump to them for the "black perspective" or celebrities who feck up and seek counselling from them. Their time has passed they both need to go sit down somewhere and be quiet.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:06 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
I wonder how much of this is jealousy on Jackson's part. How is Obama "talking down" to the black community when he advocates responsibilty on the part of black men who father children and don't help raise them or contribute financially?

Would I consider Jesse Jackson a racist? Well remember his "hymietown" remarks regarding New York City and Jews in the 80's? It seems he is always apologzing for some remark or other. This man has become an embarrasment to the black community and for what everything Dr King stood for and I say this as a minority myself.

Old 07-10-2008, 04:27 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
What is satisfying is seeing that across the board both sides of the political aisle see this as affirmation that Jackson is a jerk.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:19 AM
mga

230 posts, read 397,670 times
gee...i thought jackson made a good point.

apparently, many blacks don't want a dose of reality, especially when the truth hurts. jackson knows obama is playing many people for a fool, and he just slipped up when talking about it.

jackson shouldn't apologize for nothing. stand his ground like a real man and defend his words. if he can't defend them, he should go off and retire.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,053,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
gee...i thought jackson made a good point.

apparently, many blacks don't want a dose of reality, especially when the truth hurts. jackson knows obama is playing many people for a fool, and he just slipped up when talking about it.

jackson shouldn't apologize for nothing. stand his ground like a real man and defend his words. if he can't defend them, he should go off and retire.
Please without adding anything to it and associating it with anything anyone else said. What from his words makes sense to you and what was clear other then ripping body parts off? He talked about faith and wanting to rip body parts off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections