Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
We are whiners.

But we dont cling to guns and religion. I think it makes it ok that Barack offended a group of white "small town" Americans like he did. Had John McCain offended black inner city people, the NAACP would have been all up on his case. Its a classic example of reverse racism, and how white people can be offended all day long, but anyone who is not white is off limits.
But Gramm/McCain has offended all Americans across racial, religous lines etc. Don't only ones probably not offended are those with the gain and not the pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 01:01 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
I enjoyed that post.

Especially the foul neocon stench part.

I hope it conjured up a vivid image.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:07 PM

Lightbulb Atlas shrank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
But Gramm/McCain has offended all Americans across racial, religous lines etc. Don't only ones probably not offended are those with the gain and not the pain.

Tuborg...

Come on...

The ones who gained are the only ones who count. We pesky little people need to just **** and go away to tend to our chores. Maybe if we all just re-read Atlas Shrugged, we'd better understand the terrible burden of the wealthy.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,983,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Republicans
I quoted up to where I stopped reading.

It is not about parties and calling names. Collectively we ALL need to hold ALL elected offical accountable for the mistakes they are making.

Basic economic facts can not be tossed to the side just because the party someone is affiliated with is known for making other decisions that negate the desired outcome.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
We are whiners.

But we dont cling to guns and religion. I think it makes it ok that Barack offended a group of white "small town" Americans like he did. Had John McCain offended black inner city people, the NAACP would have been all up on his case. Its a classic example of reverse racism, and how white people can be offended all day long, but anyone who is not white is off limits.
Didn't he apologize? Did Senator Gramm? Perhaps Senator Gramm meant what he said but it came out the wrong way?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

It is not about parties and calling names. Collectively we ALL need to hold ALL elected offical accountable for the mistakes they are making.

Basic economic facts can not be tossed to the side just because the party someone is affiliated with is known for making other decisions that negate the desired outcome.

Elected officials are only accountable at election time. They are punished by defeat. Stay tuned for an historic shift in power coming to a polling place near you in less than four months.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
in part true. ameicans need to whine less and strive to do something about these rascals in DC that are selling us down the river. guns are good, they defend people from the bad guys. every household in bagdad is allowed one AK 47. we dont get none??, what's up with that? religion can be good, it can keep you focused and teach you how to avoid a lot of bad stuff.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:32 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post

Should taxes be lowered during a time of War? Has this helped in the past?

Old 07-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Elected officials are only accountable at election time. They are punished by defeat. Stay tuned for an historic shift in power coming to a polling place near you in less than four months.
That will result in NO useful change.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Should taxes be lowered during a time of War? Has this helped in the past?
Nope, it has not. But considering we need to get out of there ASAP and that we didnt belong there in the first place, that shouldnt even be an issue.

Taxes also shouldnt be raised in time of an economic down turn.

End the war, stop the spending, and lower taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections