Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2008, 03:38 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times

Advertisements

I don't know it this has been discussed or not on here. But here it is.....

Obama's Anger:

] "The anger is real. It is powerful, and to simply wish it away, to condemn it without understanding its roots, only serves to widen the chasm of misunderstanding that exists between the races."
- Barack Obama

I also asked him why it was so difficult to convince young black men to abandon the streets and take advantage of the same kinds of opportunities that the Vietnamese had recently embraced.
"We're owed and they aren't."
- Barack Obama

We now know that Barack Obama really has no interest in the "audacity of hope." With his race speech, Obama became a peddler of angst, resentment and despair. Too bad he doesn't direct that angst at the liberal establishment that has sold black people a bill of goods since the 1960s.
What Obama seems angry about is America itself and what it stands for; the same America that has provided fabulous opportunities for what my black friend called "hungry" minorities.
Strong families, self-reliance, and a spirit of entrepreneurship should be held up as ideals for all races to emulate.

In the end, we should be very suspicious about Obama's anger and the recent frothings of his close friend Reverend Wright. Says Eric Hoffer:

The fact seems to be that we are least open to precise knowledge concerning the things we are most vehement about.

Vehemence is the expression of a blind effort to support and uphold something that can never stand on its own.

American Thinker: Obama's Anger
[/color][/SIZE]

[/indent]

Last edited by Miborn; 07-11-2008 at 04:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Really? Obama said 'we're owed, and they're not' ? I'd like to see that backed up.

Old 07-11-2008, 03:42 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
I wouldn't be too concerned. I dont care if a president is angry. I think he has bigger problems (like his inexperience, flip flopping, and unfolding personal life).

Old 07-11-2008, 04:16 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned. I dont care if a president is angry. I think he has bigger problems (like his inexperience, flip flopping, and unfolding personal life).
Must be talking about McSame.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:21 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,389,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Really? Obama said 'we're owed, and they're not' ? I'd like to see that backed up.
No. He didn't. That quote comes from this article: American Thinker: Obama's Anger

It's attributed to an unnamed "black friend".

If people would read instead of scan for incriminating material we'd all be a lot better off.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
You obviously have no idea what anger is. There are peoples in the world really angry at ....

Old 07-11-2008, 04:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
No. He didn't. That quote comes from this article: American Thinker: Obama's Anger

It's attributed to an unnamed "black friend".

If people would read instead of scan for incriminating material we'd all be a lot better off.

Thanks for clearing that up! I didn't think Obama would have been fool enough to say that, knowing he would like to go into politics one day.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:34 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Must be talking about McSame.
Nope, if you read my post, you could see I was talking about Obama.

Old 07-11-2008, 04:47 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
OP, I'm confused by your anger towards Obama. Tell me I'm generalizing, but you state your location as:When the "rich" get a sniffle, the middle-class catches pneumonia, which is a very liberal saying & then start spouting off on the democratic candidate. I don't know, it just seems odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections