Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 11:38 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,224,458 times

Advertisements

i can't believe this thread got 11 pages for such a stupid question...

Old 07-19-2008, 12:02 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
If they riot, can we eliminate affirmative action at the same time?
First, blacks won't be rioting anymore than white Obama supporters. I have no idea what this has to do with AA except it's an obsession of yours. The country has a hell of a lot more important issues. I happen to think this country is not ready for a black President at this time regardless of his background or experience. I'm voting for Obama and hoping for the best but elections have been stolen before. I'm no doomer on this subject, I just think we need to see a generation or two die off before this country will be enlightened enough to be "blind" to race and gender. At times, I feel we're actually going backwards (the racial tension during this election cycle is the most I have experienced since the OJ verdict ) but then I talk to these young people and I realize how much more sense (and sensitivity) they have about issues of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. It's inspiring.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:08 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Will Whites? He has many more white supporters than Black.

Would you ask these folks that question?
There you go again confusing the issues with facts and data. When will you learn?

Old 07-19-2008, 12:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,386,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
First, blacks won't be rioting anymore than white Obama supporters. I have no idea what this has to do with AA except it's an obsession of yours. The country has a hell of a lot more important issues. I happen to think this country is not ready for a black President at this time regardless of his background or experience. I'm voting for Obama and hoping for the best but elections have been stolen before. I'm no doomer on this subject, I just think we need to see a generation or two die off before this country will be enlightened enough to be "blind" to race and gender. At times, I feel we're actually going backwards (the racial tension during this election cycle is the most I have experienced since the OJ verdict ) but then I talk to these young people and I realize how much more sense (and sensitivity) they have about issues of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, etc. It's inspiring.
I think some people are kinda hoping we riot so that they can say "see! I told you we weren't ready for one of them to be president!"

I do agree with you on a couple of generations having to die off before we get completely past race. For younger kids (9-13) race just isn't that big a deal. My little brother and his friends look like an ad for the Rainbow Coalition. It wasn't until I moved away from home that I starting having friend's of other nationalities.

But my son's class at daycare is predominantly white and my son frequently sleeps over at his classmates homes and two of them have stayed the night with me. For them friendship knows no color, I'm hoping it stays like that. Although I know I'll pass out if he brings anything other than a black girl home in 13 years (I know that's wrong, but I'm being honest). I'll probably pass out and then when I come to, say "okay, now who is your mama?" and invite them to dinner.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM

231 posts, read 157,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Boyardee View Post
If Obama doesn't get elected, will Blacks call "Fraud" and riot?
Did blacks riot in 2000? No? Then they probably won't riot in 2008.

Now the REAL question is: will whites hit the bottle, pill-pop, embezzle from their companies and crawl in bed with their children when Obama is president?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
First, blacks won't be rioting anymore than white Obama supporters. I have no idea what this has to do with AA except it's an obsession of yours.
Let's face it: you have to be one hell of a loser to be white in a country founded by whites, run by whites, with laws written by whites and schools founded by whites, and most of the world's money handled by whites and you STILL can't get ahead in life, choosing to blame affirmative action (which by and large has benefited white women, not people of color). When you're that low on the totem pole, it helps to blame others. Affirmative Action. Immigration. Feminism. The Easter Bunny. Anything will do.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:54 PM

881 posts, read 1,590,053 times
Quote:
If Obama doesn't get elected, will Blacks call "Fraud" and riot?
I honestly don't care, specially since the majority of Democratic voters in certain areas (El Paso, Miami, LA, San Antonio, etc) are ILLEGAL ALIENS anyway. So if Obama loses, illegal aliens and dead people voting for Obama and all, that is fine with me.

Right now, Obama is tied with McCain in national polls 43% BHO, 42% JMC.

As long as they riot in liberal strongholds, like S#hitcago or Seattle or Boston or San Francisco, I don't really care. I actually have fun watching it all on TV while having a milkshake, with my feet propped up on an ottoman!

Let the riots begin!

Old 07-19-2008, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
As long as they riot in liberal strongholds, like S#hitcago or Seattle or Boston or San Francisco, I don't really care. I actually have fun watching it all on TV while having a milkshake, with my feet propped up on an ottoman!

Let the riots begin!
Just wanted to make sure this doesn't get erased or altered. Carry on.

Quote:
Blacks riot; Whites do not.
I see you've never been to Europe. Or Australia. Or South America. Or anywhere near a history book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneap...Strike_of_1934
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Draft_Riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_De...nal_Convention
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haymarket_Riot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_...f_prison_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoot_suit_riots
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots#21st_century

Last edited by JHusseinMoore; 07-19-2008 at 03:11 PM.. Reason: Blatant ignorance makes baby Jesus cry.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:15 PM

980 posts, read 1,148,113 times
Remember, the exception does not prove the rule.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:16 PM

Awful lot of exceptions there. How many of these riots are "black" riots?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_riots#21st_century

Better yet, can you come up with any statistics that white people don't riot? I mean, you can't even go to Stormfront and get something from there? Doesn't David Duke have some literature to back you up? If you're going to be a bigot, don't be a lazy bigot.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:22 PM

980 posts, read 1,148,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHusseinMoore View Post
Awful lot of exceptions there. How many of these riots are "black" riots?

List of riots - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Different era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections