Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 10:05 PM

226 posts, read 1,000,136 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts about Hilary Clinton being our next President?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2007, 10:25 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,187,467 times
I like her! I'll vote for her! I love the fact the rightwingers will be going batty over the Klintoons again!

Seriously... There's a good chance I will vote for her though I would like to see who else is running. She's very intelligent. Unlike the current administration, I don't think she's in this strictly for the money. I think she would like to see this country as a better place. I think her husband, who is sure to help out, is brilliant when it comes down to policy and foreign relations and that kind of thing. She's also VERY tough which is important in this day and age (with terrorism and all). I also believe that she is well-respected by other countries and other foreign leaders.

Old 01-27-2007, 10:26 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,579,728 times
NO In six years as a carpetbagging Sen from NY what has she accomplished?
Even before that what has she done? She was a loiyah Plain and simply not qualified

Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,615,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaton View Post
What are your thoughts about Hilary Clinton being our next President?
I will vote for Hillary only if Rudy decides not to run.

I think one of the answers to resolving the partisan issues facing this country is to elect a candidate that stands in the middle of the road. I think Rudy is the closest match for that description.

Hillary leans way too far to the left for me to consider her as a first choice. However, we've leaned so far right over the last 6 years (8 at election time) half the country is basically on "tilt". So in the absense of a moderate candidate I'll have to go with Hillary if she wins the nom.

If McCain gets the nom and wins, I'm not going to like it but I guess I can deal with it. If Richardson wins the nom, and wins, I will be relocating my family to a better country.

-TT

Old 01-27-2007, 10:46 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,579,728 times
Which country would that be?

Old 01-27-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
Which country would that be?

If Richardson wins? Get me a world map and a dart, then I'll tell ya.

-TT

Old 01-27-2007, 11:07 PM

I used to like McCain better when I thought he was a free thinker and independent. Now he appears to be a mouthpiece of the right. He even looks pained sometimes, like he's just saying the words but doesn't really feel them.

I've lost all of my respect for him.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I used to like McCain better when I thought he was a free thinker and independent. Now he appears to be a mouthpiece of the right. He even looks pained sometimes, like he's just saying the words but doesn't really feel them.

I've lost all of my respect for him.
I don't like McCain either, but I can tolerate him.

What I cannot tolerate is another crazed thumper running the country.

-TT

Old 01-27-2007, 11:15 PM

I read somewhere that Newt Gingrich might run. I actually like Newt. I realize he's a "conservative" but I think he's a moderate "thinking" conservative (not too many of those around) and I think he could be a good president.

I read his book way back when and I was impressed that he put a lot of thought into various issues and how to solve them. I'd like to have a leader who gets input from everyone before making a decision -- just like we used to have.

I'm tired of the Bush "I'm the decider, damit" model of leadership where he's already made the decision without hearing anyone at all.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
What I cannot tolerate is another crazed thumper running the country.
What is a "crazed thumper"? I'm not sure what you mean.

I'd like to see someone moderate -- not too far to the left, not too far to the right -- and someone REALLY super-intelligent, not just a good talker or actor. I want to see someone who is good at solving puzzles. Someone who can take in all the information, process it, and select the direction that possibly can give us the best outcome 'over the long run.' (particularly on things like global warming)

I'd also like someone who can get along well with other countries -- forge alliances, make peace, settle wars -- that kind of thing. Someone tough yet sensible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections