Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Are you saying Obama is the all-powerful who learned this story, taught it to his minions, and had them go out and publish it, and continue to update it as we speak, while he leans back chortling like Mr. Burns?

Youre giving Obama a lot of credit!
They are the ones who floated the "cheating" story out there. Can you not see the panic in such behavior?

Meanwhile, obama LIED multiple times last night. When will the media pick that up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 06:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
This ain't news, people. These stories are over 2000 years old!!!! And it certainly is not a story that one has to plagiarize. Ya'll need to learn more about Christianity. There are stories about this out of east Germany (b/f reunification) and China in the last 30 years.
GREAT spin. I have five dollars this is what McCain's team sez in the upcoming week.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
They are the ones who floated the "cheating" story out there. Can you not see the panic in such behavior?

Meanwhile, obama LIED multiple times last night. When will the media pick that up?
Which cheating story? This one, or the cheating on the wife? The wife story has been around since it happened. Are you saying there's another cheating story -?

Obama lied multiple times? - I dont know when Fox and World Net Daily will pick that up. Maybe Monday at 9, when they start getting paid to research.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:39 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The same story?!

How could his fellow POWs verify or debunk this story, Elmonellie? According to McCain it was just himself and the camp guard. I guess they could say, "He came rushing in and told us what had happened." Or - "I noticed he seemed mysteriously moved when he came in from outside that afternoon, but he was a stalwart guy who didnt talk much, so nobody asked him."
Well, I have read most of McCains writings on his captivity. He has said over and over that the guys shared every little thing....EVERYTHING. It was the only way they kept their sanity. One guy sewed a little cross out of tiny bits of rag and a straw needle... this kept the guys going for months...it meant the world to them. I would imagine you'll be hearing from one of his fellow pow's who will back up this story about the cross.

Time will tell on this one.

I do believe that because Obama is such a cipher that you fans of his just don't get what a brave, incredible life story McCain has.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well, I have read most of McCains writings on his captivity. He has said over and over that the guys shared every little thing....EVERYTHING. It was the only way they kept their sanity. One guy sewed a little cross out of tiny bits of rag and a straw needle... this kept the guys going for months...it meant the world to them. I would imagine you'll be hearing from one of his fellow pow's who will back up this story about the cross.

Time will tell on this one.

I do believe that because Obama is such a cipher that you fans of his just don't get what a brave, incredible life story McCain has.
Dont try to deflect to Obama

No one is saying McCain wasnt brave as a POW. Beyond that neither his bravery nor his life has been particularly outstanding - and I wouldnt use "in-credible" for awhile in talking about him until this story is straightened out - but even the people at Daily Kos are saying this does not take away from or reflect on his very real suffering and very real heroism.

I hope it's not true either. Even if it's true, of course he'll never admit, and his people wont admit (until it's safe or expedient to admit careerwise), and there'll be all sorts of spin and abuse heaped on the people who noticed the discrepancy. Everyone is used to the right doing that. So we might as well expect the usual result - truth is admitted years later.

As a writer, dont you think it's an interesting story?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,050,316 times
Quote:

No one is saying McCain wasnt brave as a POW. Beyond that neither his bravery nor his life has been particularly outstanding - and I wouldnt use "in-credible" for awhile in talking about him until this story is straightened out - but even the people at Daily Kos are saying this does not take away from or reflect on his very real suffering and very real heroism.

I hope it's not true either. Even if it's true, of course he'll never admit, and his people wont admit (until it's safe or expedient to admit careerwise), and there'll be all sorts of spin and abuse heaped on the people who noticed the discrepancy. Everyone is used to the right doing that.

Don't deflect? What makes this topic so different?

Old 08-17-2008, 06:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
but even the people at Daily Kos are saying this does not take away from or reflect on his very real suffering and very real heroism.
Oh please. They have nothing but disdain for Mccain and his service, as well as the military in general. They are vicious haters. These are the same people that rejoiced at the news that Tony Snow had died. They are the pond scum of humanity.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:11 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,163 times
Quote:

I hope it's not true either. Even if it's true, of course he'll never admit, and his people wont admit (until it's safe or expedient to admit careerwise), and there'll be all sorts of spin and abuse heaped on the people who noticed the discrepancy. Everyone is used to the right doing that. So we might as well expect the usual result - truth is admitted years later.

Regarding deflecting to Obama...I think it is part of this "story of McCain plagiarizing" that Obama people want to believe that McCain is pumping up his pow experience especially because Obama has such an empty personal story.
So, call it deflection if you want...I think it's part of the story.

I don't understand the question if I think it's an interesting story. If you mean do I think it's interesting that McCain stole the story from the russian writer...No, I would find that pathetic and disturbing. I don't believe McCain did it.

I would not vote for anybody that would tell that kind of lie.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
Liar liar pants on fire!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:17 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,091 times
Pleeeeease, you boy lost and looked like a fool and you are grasping.

Unless you were there, and I doubt you would have had the guts to be in his position, you wouldnt know anyway.

Ok. How about one for you people on the losing team.

Obama saw a cross in the sand and stomped on it and kicked the bible because like his mommy, they don;t believe in god or the cross.

Got anything better then this?

So is Obama for killing babies in the mommy's belly or not?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections