Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Why are you all wasting time about 1/2 siblings and spouses, parents relationships 60 years ago? If you haven't noticed in America today the majority of marriages end in divorce, people have 1/2 siblings all over that they may or may not know about, they may or may not have relationships with. We are not living in the same society as our grandparents, lets be real and stop using these ridiculous excuses to try and promote one candidate over the other. They both have skeletons, as does each of us. Can we even try to prioritize? We have terrorists all over the world who want to wipe us off the planet and our biggest concern today is if Cindy McCain sends $ to a 1/2 sister who is a grown woman?!

Don't take this forum to seriously. Most of these people are not to bright. I just come here for a laugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseFullaBoys View Post
This thread is ridiculous. Why are you all wasting time about 1/2 siblings and spouses, parents relationships 60 years ago? If you haven't noticed in America today the majority of marriages end in divorce, people have 1/2 siblings all over that they may or may not know about, they may or may not have relationships with. We are not living in the same society as our grandparents, lets be real and stop using these ridiculous excuses to try and promote one candidate over the other. They both have skeletons, as does each of us. Can we even try to prioritize? We have terrorists all over the world who want to wipe us off the planet and our biggest concern today is if Cindy McCain sends $ to a 1/2 sister who is a grown woman?!
Im glad you saved your time for the threads on the important issues, then. This thread is about character. Some people dont care for Michelle Obama because of how they perceive her character. For whatever reasons, Cindy doesnt acknowledge that she has this half-sister. Obviously they werent ever close and certainly it's not Cindy's job to give her money, but it's creepy and negative that Cindy never even acknowledged this woman exists. Might have been smarter in the long run to just be honest - ?

Old 08-19-2008, 05:56 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""little bastard""""

How repugs refer to kids who weren't aborted.......
Bastard is a word. In the dictionary. The left has a problem with some words, because their "feelings" get hurt.

I don't care if it hurts your feelings. A bastard is a child of a non-married union. I'll use it when I see fit.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:19 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
It is so predictable. Someone gets some "fame" and the rest of the family comes crawling out from under the rocks to "stake their claim." I have many friends who have step siblings but were raised as an only child. What is the big deal here? And since when did anyone owe ANY relative a red cent from their estate? I know plenty of people who have several children and have dis-inherited one of more of them.

I am sorry - I don't get it. Daddy wanted to leave his estate to Cindy. So?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:43 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,224,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
It is so predictable. Someone gets some "fame" and the rest of the family comes crawling out from under the rocks to "stake their claim." I have many friends who have step siblings but were raised as an only child. What is the big deal here? And since when did anyone owe ANY relative a red cent from their estate? I know plenty of people who have several children and have dis-inherited one of more of them.

I am sorry - I don't get it. Daddy wanted to leave his estate to Cindy. So?
Yeah, I know in our case my father-in-law found out at the age of 68 that he had an older half sister. Never knew about her all of these years, that his dad had a kid with his first wife too.

Big deal.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The Portalski family is accustomed to hearing Cindy McCain described as Hensley's only child.
She's been described that way by news organizations from The New YorkerThe New York Times to Newsweek and ABC.
McCain herself routinely uses the phrase "only child," as she did on CNN last month.
"I'm upset," Kathleen Portalski says. "I'm angry. It makes me feel like a nonperson, kind of."
When Hensley died in 2000, his will named not only Portalski but also a daughter of his wife Marguerite from her earlier marriage. So, Cindy McCain may be the only product of Jim and Marguerite's marriage, but she is not the only child of either.
She was, however, the sole inheritor of his considerable estate.
Kathleen Portalski was left $10,000, and her children were left nothing. It's a fact Nicholas Portalski says his sister discovered the hard way.
"What she found in town — on the day of or the day before or the day after his funeral — was that the credit card didn't work anymore," Nick says.
Cindy McCain's Half Sister 'Angry' She's Hidden : NPR

a snarkier version: http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/16541 (broken link)

Okay...I already commented on this, but decided to go to the NPR link and read the story.

Really, really pathetic. I don't know how to break it to you, but no adult DESERVES to be put in a will. Last I understood it, the $$$ belongs to someone...they decide who to GIVE IT TO.

Cindy McCain WAS an only child to HER PARENTS. Her parents each had a child before meeting, marrying and producing her.

Really, this pathetic 65+ year old woman, demanding $$$ and "recognition"...for what? Her father provided for her through college, gave her and her husband a few $$$ gifts and in the end gave her $10,000 in the will.

Oh, I don't know, but from personal experience, I've noticed that people get $$$ in the will depending upon the relationship with the deceased. It was HIS money and he gave it to the person he wanted to have it.

Hope this woman and her money grubbing family crawl back under their rocks.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The Portalski family is accustomed to hearing Cindy McCain described as Hensley's only child.
She's been described that way by news organizations from The New YorkerThe New York Times to Newsweek and ABC.
McCain herself routinely uses the phrase "only child," as she did on CNN last month.
"I'm upset," Kathleen Portalski says. "I'm angry. It makes me feel like a nonperson, kind of."
When Hensley died in 2000, his will named not only Portalski but also a daughter of his wife Marguerite from her earlier marriage. So, Cindy McCain may be the only product of Jim and Marguerite's marriage, but she is not the only child of either.
She was, however, the sole inheritor of his considerable estate.
Kathleen Portalski was left $10,000, and her children were left nothing. It's a fact Nicholas Portalski says his sister discovered the hard way.
"What she found in town — on the day of or the day before or the day after his funeral — was that the credit card didn't work anymore," Nick says.
Cindy McCain's Half Sister 'Angry' She's Hidden : NPR

a snarkier version: http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/16541 (broken link)

Well, this is my third response to the above...Something had been bothering me all morning after reading it/the link originally....This low rent is complaining that her CREDIT CARD was disabled a few days after Hensley's death in 2000. Let's do the math, a nearly 60 year old woman was on the dole from her father when she's 60 years old via credit card. Said card is cut off by the rest of the family when Dad dies. Boo-hoo.

This person sounds like a leech that is trying to embarass the McCains into a payday. A lot of families have losers like this hanging around. I would not give her the time of day or one red cent.

Oh, how I hope the *******s keep playing this story...it just opens the door to why The Chosen One lets his "brothers and sisters" live in shacks on $1.00 per month! What a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Please, like there has never been azzhole relatives before. If I recall correctly Clinton and Carter had their share (W is inarguably his family azzhole). At anyrate, I wouldn't judge CM for not being in touch with this woman, anymore then I would judge Obama for not being thisclose with all 5-10 siblings that he has.

Fair is fair, people......surely everyone can pull their heads out of their collective parties behind to recognize that much.

Old 08-20-2008, 01:12 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,512,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Please, like there has never been azzhole relatives before. If I recall correctly Clinton and Carter had their share (W is inarguably his family azzhole). At anyrate, I wouldn't judge CM for not being in touch with this woman, anymore then I would judge Obama for not being thisclose with all 5-10 siblings that he has.

Fair is fair, people......surely everyone can pull their heads out of their collective parties behind to recognize that much.
SOOOOOO agree. This silly crap w/ relatives coming forward wanting someone to "recognize" them . . . who cares.

I have some relatives I would just as soon forget about myself.

Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Well, this is my third response to the above...Something had been bothering me all morning after reading it/the link originally....This low rent is complaining that her CREDIT CARD was disabled a few days after Hensley's death in 2000. Let's do the math, a nearly 60 year old woman was on the dole from her father when she's 60 years old via credit card. Said card is cut off by the rest of the family when Dad dies. Boo-hoo.

This person sounds like a leech that is trying to embarass the McCains into a payday. A lot of families have losers like this hanging around. I would not give her the time of day or one red cent.
Duh! I said the same thing at least once, guess you just didnt notice.

The rankled half-sister and her credit card are not the point (although it may be the entire point to the half-sister), as I said several times throughout this thread. The point is that Cindy didnt acknowledge that she had this half-sister. If she had done so, it wouldnt be an issue now.

I dont care about Cindy McCain. I just think it's funny when these people whose lives are microscopically scrutinized and whose denials and lies are bound to be found out, do it anyway. The McCains, the Obamas, anyone.

Like Cindy's Mother Teresa orphanage story, which, since the Christian Science Monitor badgered the McCain team about its veracity, has been reworded on the McCain website. If they'd just told the truth the first time...you see?
The McCain campaign had also put out the story that Mother Teresa “convinced” Cindy to bring home two orphans from Bangladesh in 1991.
Mrs. McCain, it turns out, never met Mother Teresa on that trip. (Once contacted by the Monitor, the campaign revised the story on its website.)

According to biographies of Mother Teresa, in 1991 she was in Mexico where she developed medical problems. From there, she went to a hospital in La Jolla, Calif.

A McCain source acknowledged that Cindy McCain did not meet Mother Teresa during the 1991 trip to Bangladesh but said McCain did meet her later on, although the source could not say when or where. The campaign has since reworded the reference to the adoption on its website.
Watchdogs make it harder for politicians to stretch the truth | csmonitor.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections