Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 PM

451 posts, read 1,228,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I don't think you know anything about military records first hand, do you???
He RETIRED as a Navy Captain (O-6) and would not have been allowed to do so if he was not worthy. That speaks volumes for his service to his country.

If you don't mind me asking, just how many years have YOU served??? (Let me guess, NONE, just like your Bubba Ho)

I'm in the navy right now and there is a big difference between a O6 and a O6 who is in the field with a major command under his belt. Like a O6 aviator doing a major command,would be in the pipeline for Command of a Carrier or Command of a AIRWING. He had neither and choose to retire. Why would you retire if you were gonna have one of the 2 above things when you would have a great shot of making FLAG. When most guys retire at that level they know there chances of making it were slim. He is running on a platfom that says he knows how to make decision, the navy choosing not to giveim major command in my opnion makes that argument look weak. Did he improve when he was senate. Well Wesely Clark already debuked those theorys. Back to my orginal idea. He could release his ranking with his fellow peers up the foodchain, and that would answer my questions.

BTW I have around 9 years in navy and have served on a few staffs where I have worked for 2 stars, and CAG's and DCAG's so I know a little of what I'm talking about when it comes to the navy.

Last edited by B.H81; 08-20-2008 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 02:09 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,698 times
It is soooo much fun to watch the EPIC MELTDOWN of the dems and Obama. McCain is up in the polls by 5, Obama can't win a speech over a 72 year old man my goodness can it get any better than this? Oh wait the debates haven't started so yes it can get better when a 70 year old man with disabilities uses the dems Messiah as a mop to clean up the floor. Of course since Obama did so poorly the dems say McCain cheated!?! Obama’s poor performance would not be affected by McCain cheating, but okay you libs keep on coming up with those excuses! Now let's attack a POW and hero's military record because that will win Obama points. Trying to tear others down does not build one up Barry! Obama is from Illinois and can't even pull Indiana (Barry that would be the state next door) so he is going to pick Bayh as his VP; How pathetic!!! I don't even like McCain but as a Republican I will vote for him and laugh as he wins the 2008 election.

For the record calling anyone who has put their life on the line for the freedom of others a "Traitor" without proof is grounds to be put in front of a firing squad.
I've not had the opportunity to serve in our fine military as there were no wars when I was young and fit and now that I am almost 40 I am over the hill but would go anytime if needed. My father and grandfather both served.

Last edited by artifice; 08-20-2008 at 02:18 PM..

Old 08-20-2008, 02:15 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,342,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I don't think you know anything about military records first hand, do you???
He RETIRED as a Navy Captain (O-6) and would not have been allowed to do so if he was not worthy. That speaks volumes for his service to his country.

If you don't mind me asking, just how many years have YOU served??? (Let me guess, NONE, just like your Bubba Ho)
-----------------------
That isn't what he said.
He simply want's Mccains records released I never heard of 13's as was just an E4 .

You can retire and still have negative comment's in your file. That's what he meant .

He never said Mccain was CM or article 15 . He simply want's to see his record.
I don't agree with that but he certainly didn't say anything that was wrong .

I respect Mccain's service and disagree with his files being released but in no way did he imply he was a traitor which enrages me when people imply that . He NEVER implied that .

He simply said perhap's Mccain was not fit to command .

I don't see anything wrong with that. You can be a Captain as you know and not have a command in some MOS/Jobs.

I dont find anything he said wrong . Don't agree with it but he is certainly not wrong in anything he said.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
It is soooo much fun to watch the EPIC MELTDOWN of the dems and Obama. McCain is up in the polls by 5, Obama can't win a speech over a 72 year old man my goodness can it get any better than this? Oh wait the debates haven't started so yes it can get better when a 70 year old man with disabilities uses the dems Messiah as a mop to clean up the floor. Of course since Obama did so poorly the dems say McCain cheated!?! Obama’s poor performance would not be affected by McCain cheating, but okay you libs keep on coming up with those excuses! Obama is from Illinois and can't even pull Indiana (Barry that would be the state next door) so he is going to pick Bayh as his VP; How pathetic!!! I don't even like McCain but as a Republican I will vote for him and laugh as he wins the 2008 election.

For the record calling anyone who has put their life on the line for the freedom of others a "Traitor" without proof is grounds to be put in front of a firing squad.
I've not had the opportunity to serve in our fine military as there were no wars when I was young and fit and now that I am almost 40 I am over the hill but would go anytime if needed. My father and grandfather both served.
--------------

Your father served your grandfather NOT you. Yet you "would if called".

You wouldn't be a Rush Limbaugh fan would you?

"For the record calling anyone who has put their life on the line for the freedom of others a "Traitor" without proof is grounds to be put in front of a firing squad"

I agree its unreal to call anyone a traitor ESP POW but people have right to do it and no firing squad lol no punishment for it. They have a right to question anyone .

Old 08-20-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.H81 View Post
I'm in the navy right now and there is a big difference between a O6 and a O6 who is in the field with a major command under his belt. Like a O6 aviator doing a major command,would be in the pipeline for Command of a Carrier or Command of a AIRWING. He had neither and choose to retire. Why would you retire if you were gonna have one of the 2 above things when you would have a great shot of making FLAG. When most guys retire at that level they know there chances of making it were slim. He is running on a platfom that says he knows how to make decision, the navy choosing not to giveim major command in my opnion makes that argument look weak. Did he improve when he was senate. Well Wesely Clark already debuked those theorys. Back to my orginal idea. He could release his ranking with his fellow peers up the foodchain, and that would answer my questions.

I don't agree with your premise of releasing his files but I agree with the way you put it and though I hate Navy guy's lol.

I think you stated it well and not unreasonable . I imagine your an officer or NCO (I don't know Navy rank other than admiral lol)

Old 08-20-2008, 02:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
What did you say when Kerry was asked (and never did) release his records?

What are you hoping to dig up?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
--------------

Your father served your grandfather NOT you. Yet you "would if called".

You wouldn't be a Rush Limbaugh fan would you?
I was in college in DS and too old for Iraq. My father wanted me to get an education so I did. Had the military needed me I would have left school. I now own my own business and employee several folks and numerous contractors. It takes all kinds to keep America going and there is no shame in my not serving.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:25 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief
you people have really gone off the deep end
but if you are tossing around the word traitor
I would throw you buddy Obama in the pot
talk about someone raunchy
he thinks more of this election than he does for the boots on the ground.
I wish Obama would try and make a case like this, let's see how fast his polls would sink
The wacko left party should know exactly what a traitor is, they have nominated one.

They are really hurting here, grasping for air.

Why would anyone want certified copies when it was your candidate who released a fake birth certificate and much more.

By they way, IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS what his military records say, why?

And I thought you wacko libs were for keeping personal info private?
Guess, not. Or typical whiner liberal again saying his info is our right but my info is not your right.

Obama couldn't serve in our military anyway, he would have to prove his was a US citizen and so far has no produced that info.

Obama wouldnt even stop to see wounded hero's and your asking for a military hero and genius information.

Where does it state that you are even allowed to see his info? And who would trust a commi liberal with military info anyway, I sure wouldnt. Your party would sell is out a a NY minute.

Come on libs, next failed attack is...

Old 08-20-2008, 02:28 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,616,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I was in college in DS and too old for Iraq. My father wanted me to get an education so I did. Had the military needed me I would have left school. I now own my own business and employee several folks and numerous contractors. It takes all kinds to keep America going and there is no shame in my not serving.
You do not have to answer to these wacko loons. Do not let them pull that on you.

They are like attack dogs and are in serious denial that they picked the WRONG candidate to run.

We know who the anti American party is.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that cannot be healed.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:30 PM

451 posts, read 1,228,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
I don't agree with your premise of releasing his files but I agree with the way you put it and though I hate Navy guy's lol.

I think you stated it well and not unreasonable . I imagine your an officer or NCO (I don't know Navy rank other than admiral lol)

I'm a E6 for a little while longer than I will be out. Like I said in above post, I have served on battle staffs and I know a lot of officers up the food chain. They talk to us about how there system works for advancement VS the enlisted system. So these are just things that you pick up along you way. There is nothing wrong with not getting major command, but when you are trying to be the president and served in the military long enough to retire, I think you have to have a answer for why. Now if had chose not to run on being in charge and using his naval service for more than it really was I wouldn't have a problem with it, but the fact that you never had major command irks me. If Obama was running on a campaign about something he didn't have it would bother me. Truth of the matter I'm more of a dennis Kucinich fan anyway and I will be writing him in on my ballot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections