Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:39 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vette-dude View Post
Seems a nation as great as ours would give the american voters more of a choice for President.. Ended up with., the inexperienced on foreign policy, and wants change but his VP has 30+ years in gov't, to the senior citizen GOP.... ..
Maybe the USA should scout young talent and rip them away from their parents at the age of THREE!!!! We can train them to be leaders. Oh wait, that's called Nintendo. Nevermind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
Biden is a heavyweight and probably a sound choice.

Obama and Hillary DONT LIKE EACH OTHER. ***AT ALL***. Hopefully for the Dems they hope she fakes it well enough for the election cycle. She would not be a good VP.

The brightest hope for a female POTUS or VP MIGHT be 2012 on the other side of the aisle. Im for: (maybe. lets see how they mature...)

Palin/Jindal or Jinal/Palin 2012

Old 08-25-2008, 05:58 AM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder View Post
Now all I see is the division and inability to cast the big tent.
because of people like you

Old 08-25-2008, 06:01 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Absolutely insane. Obama's candidacy is a triumph for women. Biden strengthens that. McCain, the cheating husband who left his crippled wife for a fake blonde bimbo, is an absolute disaster for all, including women. Get serious.

Mrs. Bill Clinton is nothing and was NEVER deserving of consideration for highest office in the land. Her crybaby supporters must get over themselves or stand aside.
I have to agree with you here. Hillary was never deserving. I watched the way she ran her campaign and decided against her myself and hoped and prayed that Obama would not choose her. Before she began campaigning I was going to vote for her. And now all this whinning by her supporters is really not helping her. I wouldn't doubt that Bill Clinton was part of the reason she didn't get on that short list too.

Interesting tidbit about McCain leaving a cripped wife for a blond bimbo. She can't even compare to most of the Presidental wives that I have seen.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:04 AM

1,845 posts, read 4,228,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
because of people like you
I make an observation

Originally Posted by Bob The Builder
Now all I see is the division and inability to cast the big tent.

and you attack me. You don't know me. What is up with that?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I am a registered Independent and a black woman. Because of his OBL and amnesty positions, I will not vote for Obama. That being said:

Obama like every other nominee that has run for the office of POTUS has a right to choose the person that he feels is more suited for the job and he would be most comfortable with as his VP.

Both Hillary and Bill have insulted Obama at every turn on both a personal and professional level. The fact that she implied he could possibly be asassinated ala Bobby Kennedy style (like many of the Clinton's former now mysteriously dead associates) along with being forced to endure 4 years of Bill living out his 3rd term, is a more than adequate reason for not choosing Hillary as his running mate.

I think these whiny (primarily white women) need to grow up and get over it. Hillary lost. The fact that she is a woman and Obama rejected her is not an adequate reason to whine like 3 year olds. They are collective representatives of all that is wrong with the giant set of testicles known as Hillary Clinton.
Sure there are things that I disagree with in regards to Obama, but I agree with the other poster that amnesty will happen with either. No one is going to agree with everything a candidate is for. In this case I would say, Pick the best man. And to me the best man is Obama.

The remainder of your post I gladly agree with. The idea that Hillary said that he could be assassinated really bothered me in light of the sucides that surrounded the White House when Clinton was President. Suicides? I ask.

I upped your rep for some of the things I agreed with.

And I am really glad that he chose Biden. I was hoping as much.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 08-25-2008 at 06:18 AM..

Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I am one of the dwindling population of Americans who does my homework and votes the issues so your news comes as no surprise to me.

I am fully aware of McCain's stance as well, which is why I'm not voting for him either. Neither the prom queen nor the one issue war hero is worthy of my vote.

While I know it won't count, Lou Dobbs will be my write in candidate. Better an American patriot than either one of the MSM, corporate masters' choices.

Better to vote for the best man, and Lou Dobbs isn't it. I began watching him along with my husband over a year ago, and while I still watch him I find that he is very opinionated, and often wrong in what he is saying. I must prefer the Situation Room now, and I believe it is best to branch out and listen to other people. Get all views. Sometimes I get sick of listening to Lou Dobbs, and hey, because of him I am an independent, but I may change that to democrate next time around. But he has a narrow view of things. My husband and I listened to how he twisted some things that Obama has said, and then we listen to how he twists other things.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Folks, please discuss the topic of the thread or just move on to something else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections