Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2008, 10:34 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
This misunderstanding is that there was a vow to never let atrocities like those go down again. Unfortunately Clinton saved a lot of money.....how did he do that....by cutting military budgets and weakening our ability to defend ourselves....The 3 axis of evil wasn't a new Bush idea....He had to make decision no other president has ever had to make on an enemy that is hardly definable.
Iran
North Korea
Iraq
State Sponsors of Terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i can live with that. But Bush didn't go for the snakes head. Instead he went way off course with suspect motivations.

THe snake is still slivering and is now becoming someone else's problem.

It's ironic that a few months before Bush leaves office Oil skyrockets. It's like the last stand for Oil. Gotta love that pipeline issue in Georgia as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 10:40 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
It's ironic that a few months before Bush leaves office Oil skyrockets. It's like the last stand for Oil. Gotta love that pipeline issue in Georgia as well.
It's not ironic. It's the culmination of borrow and spend that's weakened the dollar to a point where suppliers want more dollars to maintain the same value of their product they were getting in 2002.

At least you understand why we're supporting Georgia and thumping our chest in Russia's face.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Yeah, while Michelle recalled her father struggling to continue working while crippled with MS, Cindy can reacall her father as a mobster who was a convicted felon and who was considered at least implicated in the death of a crusading reporter who was investigating his corruption. Should make a real heart warming tale.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Yeah, while Michelle recalled her father struggling to continue working while crippled with MS, Cindy can reacall her father as a mobster who was a convicted felon and who was considered at least implicated in the death of a crusading reporter who was investigating his corruption. Should make a real heart warming tale.
I should apologize. I thought you were an Obama supporter based on the issues. Instead, you prefer to deal with everything emotionally rather than logically. Facts and reason have no place in your campaign. OH MY GOD! DID YOU SEE HER OUTFIT? WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?

It's sad, but this is a popularity contest. It's got nothing to do with who is the best choice to uphold the oath of office.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:48 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
It's not ironic. It's the culmination of borrow and spend that's weakened the dollar to a point where suppliers want more dollars to maintain the same value of their product they were getting in 2002.

At least you understand why we're supporting Georgia and thumping our chest in Russia's face.

Don't forget China with 1/6 of the worlds population is on an advance with their economics at the same way the industrial revolution was for us.
Every country is growing needing more and more oil to support that growth. We for a long time were well under what our oil prices should have been.....recent events brought it up to and well past where it should have been. Recently prices have adjusted and will continue to correct itself until it either evens out or get's to low.....then we will likely go through the same fluctuation unless energy needs/supplies are shifted.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Don't forget China with 1/6 of the worlds population is on an advance with their economics at the same way the industrial revolution was for us.
Every country is growing needing more and more oil to support that growth. We for a long time were well under what our oil prices should have been.....recent events brought it up to and well past where it should have been. Recently prices have adjusted and will continue to correct itself until it either evens out or get's to low.....then we will likely go through the same fluctuation unless energy needs/supplies are shifted.
Compare the price of oil versus the price of gold in US dollars. When priced in gold, oil has remained relatively constant. It's the dollar that is causing the biggest problem with crude prices. There is some demand issues, but most sources say that the amount of crude on the market is appropriate to the current demand.

Last week, the dollar rose against the Euro after Congress agreed to the housing bailout. Oil prices dropped. The conflict in Georgia should have caused oil prices to increase if demand was the only driver.

All in all, there are many factors, but the weak dollar and high trade deficit hurts us more than China's demand.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:52 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I should apologize. I thought you were an Obama supporter based on the issues. Instead, you prefer to deal with everything emotionally rather than logically. Facts and reason have no place in your campaign. OH MY GOD! DID YOU SEE HER OUTFIT? WHAT WAS SHE THINKING?

It's sad, but this is a popularity contest. It's got nothing to do with who is the best choice to uphold the oath of office.
You are wrong. I want to respect my president and trust his judgement. I respect Obama and I trust his judgement. I neither respect McCain or trust his judgement. I believe in the same ideals held by Obama. I believe in nothing in which McCain believes. I do not think McCain can be trusted. I believe he is dishonest and has been bought and paid for by the most corrupt people in the world who do not have any interest in what is best for the U.S. I base that belief on the votes McCain has cast and the things I have heard him say out of his own mouth.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I believe in nothing in which McCain believes. I do not think McCain can be trusted. I believe he is dishonest and has been bought and paid for by the most corrupt people in the world who do not have any interest in what is best for the U.S. I base that belief on the votes McCain has cast and the things I have heard him say out of his own mouth.
I'll agree 100% with you here.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:58 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
I'm not whining about anything buddy. I personally had a fantastic 2007. 2008 is slow but i'm not blaming anyone until the smoke clears.

As someone in another thread mentioned, if you think Bush inherited weak intel then "i have some Iraqi oils wells to sell you." Don't be so ignorant.

We didn't go to war and then say "my bad". He WANTED this war and found the perfect time to launch it.

Al Qaida WAS NOT IN IRAQ and last I heard Al Qaida was the target after 9-11.
First, you're not my buddy, you are nothing to me.

Secondly, You have nothing to sell to me, Owlgore gave him the worst passdown in modern history with his holding up the result process.

Third, his intel sucked, you knowm the same intell Bubba gutted, FBI couldn't talk to CIA who couldn't talk to NSA ect?

Fourth, it's NOT ALL about Iraq, if you don't think Saddam wasn't harboring terrorist I have those same oil wells to sell you. Take your meds, hit the rack, they're affecting your brain again. Here's three, guess which is for you.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,183,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
First, you're not my buddy, you are nothing to me.

Secondly, You have nothing to sell to me, Owlgore gave him the worst passdown in modern history with his holding up the result process.

Third, his intel sucked, you knowm the same intell Bubba gutted, FBI couldn't talk to CIA who couldn't talk to NSA ect?

Fourth, it's NOT ALL about Iraq, if you don't think Saddam wasn't harboring terrorist I have those same oil wells to sell you. Take your meds, hit the rack, they're affecting your brain again. Here's three, guess which is for you.
you sound like you're the one who needs the meds, buddy.

Yeah, intel sucked. Sucked so bad that Osama'a name came up immediately after 9-11. Yeah, Iraq was harboring terrorists. So is Iran, Syria, Palestine, and North Korea.

Yeah, Iraq was a good call. They were just SOO CLOSE to "the bomb".

go to sleep Joey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections