Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 06:24 PM

195 posts, read 594,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Gee, I can't speak for everyone on the left but I will say that if you want to move to the right...join the GOP.

Why switch when you can just vote? McCain would be foolish not to seize this opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 06:28 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,494,243 times
Quote:
I'm stating the facts...Democrats for McCain is a Republican front group. Plus, real Democrats don't go around spreading lies that Obama is a Muslim, those are the tactics of Republicans. Those women are just there to disrupt and are no more Democrat than I am Republican.
So, you're saying that Wisconsin representative and delegate Debra Bartoshevich has really been a closet Republican?

I've never once heard a Hillary supporter for McCain announce that they believe Obama is a Muslim. I don't think they would care if he was?

Old 08-26-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
So, you're saying that Wisconsin representative and delegate Debra Bartoshevich has really been a closet Republican?

I've never once heard a Hillary supporter for McCain announce that they believe Obama is a Muslim. I don't think they would care if he was?

Those Obama democrats are delusional to think that anybody who doesn't agree with them is republican. Have you ever heard of Reagan Democrats? Whoever get their vote wins the presidency. Period. If Bush wasn't this unpopular, this would be a no game at all.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,224,474 times
Quote:
I'm stating the facts...Democrats for McCain is a Republican front group. Plus, real Democrats don't go around spreading lies that Obama is a Muslim, those are the tactics of Republicans. Those women are just there to disrupt and are no more Democrat than I am Republican.

good grief
and I guess you think "Reagan democrats" are a figment of everyone's
imagination,
look there are plenty of democrats in every state that are not fawning for Obama, never have been, never will be. But if it makes you feel better to not believe it, then hang on to your denial.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:07 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,224,474 times
Obama and his fans are so delusional, and that is one reason why Obama is going to lose. Rather than make peace earlier this summer, he blew them off thinking he was such hot stuff, he did not need them.
Obama can not believe he is going to lose, but now maybe the reality is comimg home looking at the polls.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Hillary Clinton is about to cheerlead for Obama. She is being a good little soldier for the Democratic Party. Barack and Howard Dean are controlling her. It must be making her sick inside. She's the one that is supposed to be getting this nomination. Look at the popular vote and ( Michigan and Florida ).

Hillary supporters are being disrespected. And then comes the staged delegate vote, where after half way through, Hillary will stand up and ask for a stop to the voting. She Loves Barack Obama and will let her supporters know how much. Or half as much.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Obama and his fans are so delusional, and that is one reason why Obama is going to lose. Rather than make peace earlier this summer, he blew them off thinking he was such hot stuff, he did not need them.
Obama can not believe he is going to lose, but now maybe the reality is comimg home looking at the polls.
"Chickens are coming home to roost." Don't get me wrong - I happen to like Jeremiah Wright.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:46 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,839,031 times
Quote:
Gee, I can't speak for everyone on the left but I will say that if you want to move to the right...join the GOP.
I understand this is tough for you to grasp but McCain isn't on the right. He's a smack in the middle moderate. Obama and Biden are far left loonies.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:03 PM

Hillary has to pander to Move On.org and the inexperience of Obama. Not ready to lead on "DayOne". Her speech is insincere. She thinks that she should be the nominee. And so do millions of her supporters.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:08 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,450,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Five things to watch tonight at the DNC - Glenn Thrush - Politico.com

Hillary supporters have every right to be angry at Howard Dean and the Party Chairs. They have a right to be angry at the Obama campaign as well.

Hillary is made to be obedient at the DNC. Bill Clinton is expected to behave himself too.

Hillary Clinton supporters who don't support Obama have every right to make up their own minds. The Democratic Party can't force them to vote for someone they don't believe in.
If Hillary supporters don't have sense enough to recognize that Obama is superior, that's their problem, not Obamas. He doesn't need these lost crybabies and they have more in common with Republicans anyway. There are Republicans voting for Obama who will offset these people.

So Clinton should do her best to pacify her crybaby supporters in her speech, even though she won't be good in this either. She certainly wasn't good enough to convince enough people to support her over Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections