Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 12:10 PM

50,254 posts, read 47,011,154 times

Advertisements

The jargon is rigged to look good for Obama either way. Has anyone got one that says McCain will refund this or that? Nope. There are only two outcomes, Obama gives you a refund or McCain will tax you more. It's a crock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM

174 posts, read 626,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I'm sure you will. Stealing from others (higher earners/tax bracket) for your(lower earners/tax bracket) own good.

I'm sorry are you playing the sympathy card because you actually may have to contribute to society? You ***** and moan about heavier CG taxation yet fail to realize that 70% of the people in this country don't have enough income to invest and be taxed by CG taxation....waaaaa, waaaa, we all feel sooooo sorry for you.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:12 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
If you're so rich, shouldn't you be a little happier?
Not when people such as Obama want to steal it from me and then give to people who didn't earn it.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
I'm sorry are you playing the sympathy card because you actually may have to contribute to society? You ***** and moan about heavier CG taxation yet fail to realize that 70% of the people in this country don't have enough income to invest and be taxed by CG taxation....waaaaa, waaaa, we all feel sooooo sorry for you.

The top 5% of tax payers pay more than 50% of the revenues.

The low wage earners should be paying more of their own freight.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,724 times
Quote:
Not when people such as Obama want to steal it from me and then give to people who didn't earn it.
Yeah, I feel for you. Actually I don't really care if I personally get a tax cut, I am not poor and I am able to pay for what I need. I am more interested in us paying off our debt and investing in our future. If I do get anything back I'll donate it to the "rich guys who cry over paying their fair share" charity.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
The top 5% of tax payers pay more than 50% of the revenues.

The low wage earners should be paying more of their own freight.
They should, the top 5% likely earn more than the bottom 30% combined.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSweetWorld View Post
They should, the top 5% likely earn more than the bottom 30% combined.
That's irrelevant. Why should people who've been more successfull be penalized more just because they earn more?

I don't know about you, but my parents always told me to not accept anything I didn't pay for, and all you people celebrating that you're getting money back under Obama are just taking it from others. Thievery.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
ha, I was playing with this..
Elderly, married
2 dependants
$10,000 gross income

[SIZE=5]Your Obama Tax Cut is: [/SIZE][SIZE=5]You will probably not get an Obama Tax Cut[/SIZE]
So poor seniors dont get a tax cut under Obamas plan.. I wonder if they know this..

Old 08-29-2008, 12:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The jargon is rigged to look good for Obama either way. Has anyone got one that says McCain will refund this or that? Nope. There are only two outcomes, Obama gives you a refund or McCain will tax you more. It's a crock.
And the website is run by AlchemyToday and when the obamataxcut.com was proclaimed as possibly inaccurate, they of course blamed McCain.

http://alchemytoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/picture-4-300x127.png (broken link)

Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 PM

Quote:
That's irrelevant. Why should people who've been more successfull be penalized more just because they earn more?

I don't know about you, but my parents always told me to not accept anything I didn't pay for, and all you people celebrating that you're getting money back under Obama are just taking it from others. Thievery.
It's not irrelevant, its a measured way to collect taxes need to pay for services in an equitable way. It's relative, that's why they call it income tax and not pay your share tax. So by your logic I shouldn't have to pay Social Security tax because after all I'm not using it.

All of societies ills begin at home...this country could likely save billions if parents just got off their fat lazy cans and put effort in to raising their children to be effective contributors in society but since we've become a country of lazy whiny what have you done for me lately's it will take an entire movement to fix the problem...McCain is incapable of championing that movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections