Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 05:40 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,516,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
She's the monkey wrench, with bright red lipstick.

Well put.

Yes, like a rich guy with a hot girl on his arm. No one is looking at him now, so he can do his thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 05:53 PM

183 posts, read 255,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
The same thing holds true for Obama.

You separate the political differences, and they have a lot in common.
No, you're wrong and the difference is:

Obama was elected by the people to be where he is; Palin was picked only by McCain.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:55 PM

183 posts, read 255,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
It isn't any wonder why Sarah soared to the top of the heap so quickly considering the garbage in DC McCain had to pick from. An easy choice for McCain.
For all anyone knows, she might have had sex with the right people to get where she is today. You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

For you to not see her meteoric rise to royalty, the likes of which have not been seen yet in this country (since the founding fathers were trying to get away from the royalty nonsense of Great Britain) and for you to not think there's anything unusual or weird about it, and the fact that you live in Wasilla, I wonder whether:

a) you're Palin herself, b) a member of her family or, c) a friend of hers.

Which is it?

Last edited by tomato; 09-10-2008 at 06:12 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 06:24 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,462,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I wonder whether:

a) you're Palin herself, b) a member of her family or, c) a friend of hers.

Which is it?
d) None of the above.

I know Todd Palin, and have rooted for him for years in the Iron Dog race. I have met Sarah, through Todd, but only in passing and before she was elected Governor.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:25 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Democrats...I'm just curious...what is the REAL reason you don't like Sara Palin as John McCain's pick for VP? Is is because she is a Republican, or are you somehow really upset that Obama treated Hillary so badly by not choosing her to run with him as his VP choice? And please don't say it's because she is inexperienced...she isn't running for President!
Palin must be thinking today "They hate me, 'cause they ain't me"!

The Dems know Palin is McCain's ticket for victory now and in 2012. Palin represents the future, while McCain-Biden represent the 1970s again.

"Treated badly" is an under statement. Palin has become a symbol of the future of the Conservative Movement in the USA and Liberals fear her.

So they have the Obama camp, loser Bloggers living in basements, the 95% pro-Obama media, and Obama-Biden themselves attack Palin personally on:

Palin's religion (Christianity)
Palin's family
Palin's 17 year old daughter
By making up fake stories on Palin and by fabricating pics to smear her.

IT AIN'T WORKING, LIBERALS. Are you people paying attention??? Are you looking at the polls? People are getting more and more protective of and are siding with Palin. Independents are going to Palin like there is no tomorrow.

The Obama smear machine is not working. You radical liberals and the radical Obama media are destroying Obama, which is fine with me.

Keep going, keep attacking Palin. You are digging a deeper grave for Obama.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Thumbs down What is the Real Reason You Don't Like Palin?

I object to her radical fundamentalist viewpoint that's in direct conflict with any modern outlook on today's world. In a time when we're at war with fantical religious fundamentalists, having our own in high office is not something that a sane individual would see as anything in the same universe as a desirable situation.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:29 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
d) None of the above.

I know Todd Palin, and have rooted for him for years in the Iron Dog race. I have met Sarah, through Todd, but only in passing and before she was elected Governor.
You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky!!! I would love to meet Palin!! My wife and I support Palin and McCain and we think Palin is truly amazing. We call her the New Conservative Movement's Ron Reagan!!

Here is what is on our bumper sticker:

http://i3.ebayimg.com/06/i/001/0a/44/7f5e_1.JPG (broken link)

Ps. Hatin' Liberals, here are some FACTS on Palin. I know it will be hard to look at facts, but please TRY:

snopes.com: Sarah Palin Photos

Top 7 Myths, Lies and Untruths About Sarah Palin - America’s Election HQ

Sliming Palin | Print Article | Newsweek.com

Old 09-10-2008, 07:35 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
She's been to Iraq? Prove it.
She just got her passport last year....

Old 09-10-2008, 07:36 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
You are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lucky!!! I would love to meet Palin!! My wife and I support Palin and McCain and we think Palin is truly amazing. We call her the New Conservative Movement's Ron Reagan!!

Here is what is on our bumper sticker:

Ps. Hatin' Liberals, here are some FACTS on Palin. I know it will be hard to look at facts, but please TRY:

snopes.com: Sarah Palin Photos

Top 7 Myths, Lies and Untruths About Sarah Palin - America’s Election HQ

Sliming Palin | Print Article | Newsweek.com
Serious question. Do you think Sarah Palin is a feminist? Do you think she has benefitted from the feminist movement?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:54 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
IT AIN'T WORKING, LIBERALS. Are you people paying attention??? Are you looking at the polls?
Yeah, I am. McCain managed to get about 3 points ahead in the realclearpolitics average. That's down to about 2 points in the 10 most recent polls, and 1 point in the 5 most recent. That's the big Palin/post-convention bump you're gushing about? Come on. There are seven weeks and four debates left. Give it your best shot guys, by all means, but don't come and tell us the election's over because you've got a MILF on the ticket.

Obama still has leads in Michigan, New Hampshire, Iowa, Colorado and New Mexico, which is enough to win even without Ohio, without Virginia, without Florida, and without Nevada, all of which are potential Obama wins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections