Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM

939 posts, read 2,381,319 times

Advertisements

I don't know her so I don't know if I like her or dislike her. The bottom line is I don't think she is qualified and her beliefs are very different from my own.

I'm sure I would find her pleasant if we met at a party and politics or religion were not topics of discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 08:23 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,323,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige65 View Post
I don't know her so I don't know if I like her or dislike her. The bottom line is I don't think she is qualified and her beliefs are very different from my own.

I'm sure I would find her pleasant at a party if we met and politics or religion were not topics of discussion.
I actually agree with you there.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:24 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,547,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Funny, because you just described HRC to a "T." Especially the part about getting based on who they know (or married).
This was good!!! Tried to give you reps, but have to spread them around!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Funny, because you just described HRC to a "T." Especially the part about getting based on who they know (or married).
HOW can you possibly compare the accomplishments of HRC to Palin? HRC is an accomplished lawyer who spent years working on behalf of childrens' and healthcare issues. she did get ahead by building a career with a successful man what woman doesn't? in her own right, she was elected US Senator and built a strong support network which served her well in the primary contest, 18 million votes strong. how would this compare to palin who was just pulled out a magician's hat overnight?

Last edited by wehotex; 09-10-2008 at 09:10 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 08:50 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,543,686 times
Her splash of fame is amusing, but that doesn't mean I think she is qualified to be the next VP or President.

I thought her lipstick "attack mode" was pretty funny at first, but I doubt all that would be so cutesy when she is on an international stage. That arena takes diplomacy, not lipstick/pit bull jokes and self-pats on the back. I also think there will come a time when her act becomes tiresome and will soon be aimed at other Americans besides Alaskan Natives.

I don't care for her record on Native issues.

Indianz.Com > News > Attorneys: Gov. Palin's record on Alaska Natives

I agree with R.Paul, we need more choices than just Dem/Rep.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:51 PM

189 posts, read 711,147 times
Default Palin The Smart Mouth

I can't stand Palin because:

1. She's a Fundamentalist; they're simple minded fanatics.

2. She's sarcastic and a smart-mouth.

3. She's a mother who should be home taking care of her kids, especially the little baby.

4. She hunts.

5. She thinks shooting wolves from the air is okay.

6. They won't yet let her on the talk shows - how in the world is she qualified to be President if she can't talk to the Press intelligently.

7. She talks the same lines from her acceptance speech over and over again. I can't wait for the VP debate -- she's no match for Biden.

I'm for Obama and have been from the start. We need someone with intelligence and dignity who is young enough to be viable for many years both as President and in other roles post-presidency. McCain's a hero and a good man, but we need new blood -- but not Palin. She needs to go home to Alaska and fight her state's problems. I think Cindy McCain will have had enough of Palin by the time this is over, if not long before. I also agree that a McCain presidency would extend the Bush years -- and we definitely don't need more of that.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:21 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,192,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiftyFiftyAboutCO View Post
I can't stand Palin because:

1. She's a Fundamentalist; they're simple minded fanatics.

2. She's sarcastic and a smart-mouth.

3. She's a mother who should be home taking care of her kids, especially the little baby.

4. She hunts.

5. She thinks shooting wolves from the air is okay.

6. They won't yet let her on the talk shows - how in the world is she qualified to be President if she can't talk to the Press intelligently.

7. She talks the same lines from her acceptance speech over and over again. I can't wait for the VP debate -- she's no match for Biden.

I'm for Obama and have been from the start. We need someone with intelligence and dignity who is young enough to be viable for many years both as President and in other roles post-presidency. McCain's a hero and a good man, but we need new blood -- but not Palin. She needs to go home to Alaska and fight her state's problems. I think Cindy McCain will have had enough of Palin by the time this is over, if not long before. I also agree that a McCain presidency would extend the Bush years -- and we definitely don't need more of that.
Very well said; my thoughts precisely!
And, I also agree with another poster who said she'd probably be someone pleasant and fun to meet at a party. Beyond that I really have to question her continuous and assertive protests against earmarks while being the beneficiary of them (through a lobbyist hired by none other her office! Tonight almost every news station has talked about the huge amounts of tax dollars she's obtained in earmarks especially for her tiny little town where the per capita share is rediculously high. And then there's the bridge to nowhere which she voted for then abandoned when it when it became clear it didn't stand a chance.. What did she say? (To paraphrase) We don't need the taxpayers' money, we can build it ourselves! Smart move but pretty politically transparent. And then there'll all the blatant fabrications about Obama...

I don't know if the general voting populace - now currently and completely entranced by this woman - is bright enough to separate fact from fiction. For the sake of our country I pray they wake up soon from their trance and realize that yes, she's an attractive and bright woman but this is not a reality show where the prettiest and most vocal and charming contestant wins..

As several newscasters noted, it's a well-planned political "distraction" to keep the McCain/Palin tag team from having to address the real issues.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM

300 posts, read 1,211,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmac View Post
Democrats...I'm just curious...what is the REAL reason you don't like Sara Palin as John McCain's pick for VP? Is is because she is a Republican, or are you somehow really upset that Obama treated Hillary so badly by not choosing her to run with him as his VP choice? And please don't say it's because she is inexperienced...she isn't running for President!
She is running for president... president of the senate, and that can matter in a tightly divided senate on a contentious vote.

She's also running for president of the United States, or would you be happy with just any old person being the vice president on either side... doesn't really matter... they're not president.

Obama, Biden, Palin, and McCain are all running for president. If you really think that the VP has no bearing and it really doesn't matter who they are or what they do, then let's put OJ Simpson on the Republican ticket for the VP slot.

Oh, and guess what.. VP sits on the national security council. What the heck is she going to offer in the way of advice that isn't already being offered to McCain about foreign policy?

Last edited by obsidian97; 09-10-2008 at 09:54 PM..

Old 09-10-2008, 09:31 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,568,977 times
No probem with sarcasm or smartness - you just better be able to back it up with...you know, facts. And not just half-facts. If you're going to tell us you put a plane on eBay, you might want to say it didn't sell and that you moved it through a broker for a half-million dollar loss. I don't know so much about how things work in Alaska, but running for national office these little tidbits are going to see the light of day. And hiding from the media isn't going to help. Somebody will fill the information vacuum if nothing else, and it's not going to be pretty. Ask Obama. That's how the whole "he's a Muslim" thing started.

Hunting is no problem to me, but the shooting wolves from planes thing is another matter.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:38 AM

189 posts, read 711,147 times
Default I Forgot............

Good posts in answer to or in addition to my post of yesterday on this subject of Palin.

But someone also reminded me, and I quote: "You forgot -- she also has an annoying voice." Right on whoever you are!!! I sure hope we don't have to listen to it the next 4 years and beyond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections