Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Governor Palin's Experience the reason she is afraid of the press?
Yes. The Governor feels she has nothing to gain from speaking with the Press regarding her experience. 49 73.13%
No. The Governor doesn't need to talk to the Press, her experience qualifies her for the job. 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times

Advertisements

She's not afraid of the media. She's manipulating them rather well. Anyone who can double for eye candy excels at that. She looks good in prime-time; she moves papers off the rack when she's plastered on the front page. She's put her kids out to be conversation pieces, knowing that there would be a big discussion over them, so she can look like the Big Bad Press and the Dems are out to get her. Never mind that both Obama and Biden have said they're off limits. I do think it shouldn't be about the kids, but implicitly she's making it that way. Otherwise, there wouldn't have been so much focus on them in the speech. Come on, Governor, we know you're a proud mom and all, but where's the beef? Where's the issues? We still know more about your kids than we do about you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 05:10 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,479,702 times
She's ducking the press because she's simply an "empty shell". There is no substance there.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post
She should be on one of the Sunday morning news programs, but she isn't. My guess is her first interviews will be on Fox in controlled environments. Very strange she hasn't had a single interview since she was selected. weird.
My question is: Why would the press want to talk to Palin? Its alot easier to make up wild accusations and smear her if you never talk to her....

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Ahh, the extreme fear all of the demos are displaying. You guys know its over. If you were confident, you wouldn't be here trying to convince yourselves otherwise.
If you're so confident of victory, got find something to do, your work here is done....

Old 09-04-2008, 05:18 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,393,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
My question is: Why would the press want to talk to Palin? Its alot easier to make up wild accusations and smear her if you never talk to her....
Ugh. She hasn't responded to A SINGLE REPORTER. Nada. She can make the groundrules- no family stuff. But the stuff about potential corruption is fair game. Also, I'd like to know her opinion on world politics, domestic policy, etc. She can't hide in a bubble forever (or can she?).

Old 09-04-2008, 05:19 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,939,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Ahh, the extreme fear all of the demos are displaying. You guys know its over. If you were confident, you wouldn't be here trying to convince yourselves otherwise.
If you're so confident of victory, got find something to do, your work here is done....
Your so right. It's funny how Dems are the only ones posting in this forum

Old 09-04-2008, 05:20 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
I really wish Tim Russert was still here to host her.........

Old 09-04-2008, 05:22 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Yes...go attend a Rev Wright sermon

Old 09-04-2008, 05:23 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Palin put her kids out to be conversation pieces? Obama's kids tried to take center state and mouthed off when they should have been quiet. Palin's youngest daughter had total poise and discipline during the whole thing. I'm not mentioning the older children because one would think they would have the sense to be quiet and act politely in public, and they did.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Lightbulb Is Governor Palin's Experience the reason she is afraid of the press?

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I've never seen a Vice Presidential candidate avoid or refuse to talk to the Press. If you have evidence otherwise please present it, I'm certain we'd love to discuss this.

Mr. Paine & Mr. Franklin would be appalled.

The Republican leadership has kept her sequestered for the past week. And when she finally came out of hiding last night, she had a shrill attack on the press.

What planet is she from?

She's a virtual unknown, thrust into the spotlight of presidential politics. Does she really think her background isn't going to be reported on? Does she really not realize that this is the function of the media?

She has two months between now and the election. I think she's placed herself in a very awkward position by being so adversarial with the press. It'll be interesting to watch how this unfolds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections