Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Governor Palin's Experience the reason she is afraid of the press?
Yes. The Governor feels she has nothing to gain from speaking with the Press regarding her experience. 49 73.13%
No. The Governor doesn't need to talk to the Press, her experience qualifies her for the job. 18 26.87%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,507,656 times

Advertisements

Have your liberal searching skill disappeared?

Sarah Palin on the Issues

What do you want to know....

What does "avoid or refuse to talk to the Press." mean?

Maybe she understands the press is biased. I think if you would look even moderately you would see the record you seem to want to look for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol... I am calm. Why is she avoiding the press? No reporters around? I do have to give her credit, that speech was a great fundraiser. I've never heard of so many non-contributors opening their wallets.

Hey, maybe this is the new way to keep track! Palin's interview tonight at ten - Obama raises 14 Million after interview....

and drops in the polls......moveon is freakin...

Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,593,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Have your liberal searching skill disappeared?

I want to hear it directly from the horse's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheissues.org Sarah Palin page
shores up McCain as a conservative AND as a maverick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81
She's a maverick. She really stands up to Big Oil. Never mind that it sounds like she wants everything they want in the big picture.

If anyone wants to enlighten me on how else she ventures from the same tired old playbook, feel free to do so. Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears.
I didn't get answered in the topic I posted this in, so maybe I'll get an answer here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheissues.org
Religion: non-denominational Bible-believing Christian.
She goes to a Pentecostal church. That doesn't sound very non-denominational to me. I've been to Pentecostal services, even had people holding onto my shoulders speaking in tongues and all that jazz. And "Bible-believing Christian?" As opposed to a non-Bible-believing Christian? Verbiage like that makes me question where everything else I'm reading is coming from.

Quote:
Top priorities for AK include ethics & balanced budget.
Well, we have an ethical probe and a budget for Wasilla that was left >$20M in the rojo as Palin left City Hall. Is this the meaning of fiscal conservatism these days? Why did she leave Wasilla millions of dollars in the hole?

Quote:
Opposes legalizing marijuana, but meth is greater threat.
Smoked marijuana when it was legal under Alaska law.
Do as I say and not as I do?

Quote:
Opposes stem cell research.
Why?

Quote:
Teach creationism alongside evolution in schools.
I want to know why we need taxpayer-funded public schools to do this when we have tax-exempt churches with Sunday schools that are better suited for this.

Quote:
Let parents opt out of schoolbooks they find offensive.
Will parents also be allowed to opt out of the creationism teaching? Will there be more book-banning?

Quote:
Opposes explicit sex-education programs.
What the hell does "explicit" mean? Oh, it's a diagram of a penis. Big whoop. Maybe some straight talk might've done her daughter some good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475
Maybe she understands the press is biased.
If I'm to believe what I read here, the press was fawning over her yesterday.

Anyway, this is by no means complete, but it's a good start.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,620,903 times
You must spread some reputation around.....

Old 09-04-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I want to hear it directly from the horse's mouth.
which quote do you perfer?

6 full quotes on Civil Rights
2 full quotes on Corporations
5 full quotes on Crime

ect....

All of them are on the issues website I posted....try looking through it.

Why not look at the issues with a little less partisanship.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:03 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,925,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
I've never seen a Vice Presidential candidate avoid or refuse to talk to the Press. If you have evidence otherwise please present it, I'm certain we'd love to discuss this.

Mr. Paine & Mr. Franklin would be appalled.
Yes your very own Senator Obama had the fire wall around him during the racism charges and there was a huge media off limits time.

Ever see a VP candidate be accused of so much scandal in the first 5 days of being picked that she couldn't probably keep even the stupid rumors straight?

No campaign director would EVER conduct this campaign by opening up the gates to this lousy press before even a week went by.

How do you think she's going to find out about McCain's platform unless she has time to meet with him and review it? By mental telepathy.

OR is it just the juicy stuff ya'll are interested in.

The press doesnt deserve one second with her. Maybe they'll learn a lesson. I say give FOX the ONLY information.

Go see the nasty cover on US Weekly.."Babies Lies and Scandals "then compare it to the BS cover they did for the OBAMAs. "Why he Loves Her" all about her shopping at Target for Chrissakes.

Because the publisher is the Rolling Stone guy. OBAMA lovers.

I think you title is rhetorical. And your poll is a push poll and illegal if it were real.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 PM

BigJon, I had quite a few questions that weren't answered, if you'd read.

I have never registered with a political party in my life, nor do I plan to. No partisanship here. You could say I don't believe in parties, unless they're the kind with kegs ()

Old 09-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
BigJon, I had quite a few questions that weren't answered, if you'd read.

I have never registered with a political party in my life, nor do I plan to. No partisanship here. You could say I don't believe in parties, unless they're the kind with kegs ()

Speak them maybe we can help.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Speak them maybe we can help.
"We?" I want to hear it from Sarah Palin. Is she registered here on city-data?

Old 09-04-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
"We?" I want to hear it from Sarah Palin. Is she registered here on city-data?
That site has direct quotes. The RNC is showing her history as we speak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections