Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 09:34 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Being able to deliver a rousing speech is not high on my list of qualifications for POTUS.
Being able to commuicate effectively is a critical requirement of any leader - especially POTUS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 09:36 PM

10 posts, read 12,324 times
In all truth, the quality of qualification is completely based upon perspective.

Who has the proven judgment to decide which candidate ultimately has more qualification? Fighting for our country is immeasurably honorable, but that does not mean McCain can automatically qualify for President.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:11 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008

I'll take massive amounts of kool-aid over the very unexperienced, clueless clown who chants " Change ". Common sense wil tell ya he's full of crap.

McCain/Palin

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Keep on drinking that kool-aid.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:21 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Someone who gives a good speech as a nominee.....

.....can brainwash the American people when they become president when they make mistakes.

I would rather have a president who cannot tell lies and cant publically speak well. Obama is the kind of man that will try to cover up all the things he does wrong with a nice little speech. Hitler did that. Speeches are not everything.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:25 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,900,561 times
Default Fidel Castro Was Not Boring

Sometimes boring is a good trustful serious person. Fidel Castro promised CHANGE too. My landlord is Cuban, escaped to here at age 10. He's scared to death.

Fidel top 5 lie QUOTES circa 1959:

“I will lead the country to economic and cultural progress without sacrificing individual freedoms.

There is little room in Cuba for communist ideas.â€

Cuban rebels didn’t preach class war.

Promise to restore the Constitution of 1940

The promise of free elections

Here are some even earlier lies by Fidel Castro to Coronet Magazine, February 1958.
Why We Fight
1. First of all and most of all, we are fighting to do away with dictatorship in Cuba and to establish the foundations of genuine representative government.
2. Once appointed, the provisional government's chief task will be to prepare and conduct truly honest general elections within twelve months.
3. The question has presented itself whether I aspire to the presidential office of this provisional government or the elected government which will succeed it. The truth is that, quite apart from my personal reluctance to enter the presidential competition so soon, our Constitution, as it now stands, would prohibit it. Under its age requirement clause, I am, at 31, far too young to be eligible for the presidency, and will remain so for another ten years.
4. Immediate freedom for all political prisoners, civil as well as military.
5. Full and untrammeled freedom of public information for all communication media-- broadcasting, TV, the daily and periodical press. Arbitrary censorship and systematic corruption of journalists has long been one of the festering sores of our nation.
6. We want to reestablish for all citizens the personal and political rights set forth in our much-ignored Constitution.
7. We want to wipe out corruption in Cuban public life.
8. we support speedy industrialization of our national economy and the raising of employment levels.
9. U.S. companies with business interests in Cuba have been repeatedly warned that I have secret plans in my pocket for seizing all foreign holdings. Let me say for the record that we have no plans for the expropriation or nationalization of foreign investments here.
10. And with rising living standards and growing confidence in government will come rapid progress toward political stability under a representative, truly democratic government. That, ultimately, is what we are fighting for.
Babalu Blog: The Only Promise Fidel Castro Ever Kept

Old 09-05-2008, 01:25 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default mcCain/Palin 2008

Well thats how i feel & see it! obama bores me ! Besides what has he really done? And when exactly? This guy was a nobody yesterday and today he's on the way to the Whitehouse? He needs to be stopped, he will , for sure bring is down to depression. Wake up, vote wisely, ignore the media lies!

McCain/Palin 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Someone who gives a good speech as a nominee.....

.....can brainwash the American people when they become president when they make mistakes.

I would rather have a president who cannot tell lies and cant publically speak well. Obama is the kind of man that will try to cover up all the things he does wrong with a nice little speech. Hitler did that. Speeches are not everything.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Being able to commuicate effectively is a critical requirement of any leader - especially POTUS
Nixon was a terrible communicator and opened up China.

LBJ was a terrible communicator and extremely effective.

Being a strong actor on a stage isn't communicating. It's ACTING. UH HELLO? REAGAN?

Sorry but Palin is the new Bill Clinton in the face to face department....now I don't know if she has the brains to back it...pretty much nobody does...but I have a feeling she's got his political prowess.

OBAMA needs to learn that charm is the number one quality to win people over but he thinks he's too good to bother. THATS where he's getting his gap all this time. No Bubba.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:45 AM

One more thing...you OBAMA speech lovers are comparing theater to truth.

You can't expect the sober mind of his POW experience baring his soul at the end with humility to be like BArry trying to MAKE himself important.

How do you tell that story with glitz?

Stop falling for Hollywood productions.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:47 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
I'll take massive amounts of kool-aid over the very unexperienced, clueless clown who chants " Change ". Common sense wil tell ya he's full of crap.

McCain/Palin
Clueless clown!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections