Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:59 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Was anyone as confused after Sarah Palins interview as she was during it?
LOL! Nice one-liner!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 06:20 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
what a great article. Glad to read that i wasn't the only one who thought sarah palin was unraveling. If the republicans honestly think that this women is qualified to vp after hearing this interview, you are in denial.. Big time denial. She sounded like a college student on her first job interview for a position she clearly knows nothing about. It was so obvious that it was comical. My husband and i could not stop laughing listening her answers especially the foreign policy question charley asked. Her answer was because alaska is near russia, and she can even see russia from alaska. What? Is this women for real? Yup, look at her hairstyle on the next interview. I can guarantee her ears will be covered as she will need to be told what to say if the republicans have any chance of fooling the american people and continue with this circus. The dems are loving this... I can guarantee you that!
well said!

Old 09-13-2008, 06:32 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
What a great article. Glad to read that I wasn't the only one who thought Sarah Palin was unraveling. If the Republicans honestly think that this women is qualified to VP after hearing this interview, you are in denial.. BIG TIME denial. She sounded like a college student on her first job interview for a position she clearly knows NOTHING about. It was so obvious that it was comical. My husband and I could not stop laughing listening her answers especially the foreign policy question Charley asked. Her answer was because Alaska is near Russia, and she can even see Russia from Alaska. WHAT? Is this women for real? Yup, look at her hairstyle on the next interview. I can guarantee her ears will be covered as she will need to be told what to say if the Republicans have any chance of fooling the American people and continue with this circus. The Dems are loving this... I can guarantee you that!
OH, didn't ya just love her comment about being able to SEE Russia from Alaska which puts her right up there with all the experts on foreign relations!!!

My spouse and I just kept looking at each other as she proceeded to NOT answer any questions and laughed! What a buffoon! Too scared and spinelss to ANSWER a question!!!!!

I have also heard about the "watch her ears" theory on Thom Hartmann the other day....

However, this country worships good looking bimbos...look at how they adore Hilton or Spears...look at how they actually CARE who wins American Idol....they know nothing about their country or the issues and will vote "cuz she's purdy and I wanna F--- her" or "she's a MOM just like ME! Amazing, I'll vote for her"

Old 09-13-2008, 06:37 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OH, didn't ya just love her comment about being able to SEE Russia from Alaska which puts her right up there with all the experts on foreign relations!!!

My spouse and I just kept looking at each other as she proceeded to NOT answer any questions and laughed! What a buffoon! Too scared and spinelss to ANSWER a question!!!!!

I have also heard about the "watch her ears" theory on Thom Hartmann the other day....

However, this country worships good looking bimbos...look at how they adore Hilton or Spears...look at how they actually CARE who wins American Idol....they know nothing about their country or the issues and will vote "cuz she's purdy and I wanna F--- her" or "she's a MOM just like ME! Amazing, I'll vote for her"
People voted for Bush because he looked like somebody they could have a beer with........look what happened to this country.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:22 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

When pressed about the earmarks, the Governor hit bottom. That was all she wrote as, she didn't have the skill to spin her way out of it, nor the forthrightness to come clean on it in a way to justify her support for Senator McCain's policy. It just came out terrible.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:34 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
ABC News Edited Out Key Parts of Sarah Palin Interview | NewsBusters.org

Yeah, they did a hack job on her as far as editing.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:40 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
Then someone please tell me what network I should watch to get an unbiased report. Seriously! My independent husband has had enough of MSNBC, and I WILL NOT watch FOX. Is CNN biased too?
CNN is the least biased of them all. Lou Dobbs is against them all, and the Situation Room seems to be more for Obama, but still better than FOX or MSNBC. I will not watch Fox, just began watching MSNBC, but I prefer the Situation Room and have come to not be able to stand listening to much of what Lou Dobbs has to say, but still we always have to see his take on it anyway, even if he is opinionated.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:52 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I found her cute until her damning interview where she spoke of bombing Russia.
That lady is nuts.
For the first time I think I'll vote Obama, he is everything bad one can imagine, but at least he is not a madman.

I don't know why you think he is bad. Maybe you should do more research on him so you will know more about him.

I don't think Palin is nuts either, but I don't think she is ready to be the President if something should happen.

McCain and her scare me in regards to their desire to go to war, but hey, maybe Russia heard her speech and backed out of Georgia. LOL.

I had an interesting experience yesterday with some religious women that hate Obama. First, they were saying that he didn't put his hand on his heart when they were doing the Pledge of Alligiance. I played it cool so they wouldn't know that I was an Obama fan. In the bible belt in a small town you have to be careful. I said, "It was the National Athem, and I never ever put my hand over my heart whenever I stood for it. It was never necessary." Then they said that he had his hand over his privates, maybe he was itching for chiggers. I said, "Maybe he didn't realize where his hands were." And so I came home and looked it up on utube, and he had both hands clasped, not at all how they perceived it to be. And then I looked up about the National Athem and you don't have to have your hand over your heart, and then I noticed that they had a video of him in congress where he was leading the pledge of alligiance to the flag, and he had his hand over his heart. So what I am saying here is, the media has things so wrong about him, that you really have to do research to learn the truth.

Old 09-13-2008, 06:21 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Palin/McCain want to go to war, because it will appease those who put them in.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:15 PM

8,047 posts, read 10,638,176 times
I would have had a lot more respect for McCain if he had picked Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections