Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Well, the Republican party is NOT in crisis so I thought I would change my focus to how the Democratic party is in crisis.
I still think you should start a new thread, it could be interesting. I'm not a fan of either party. Too much government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I think the crisis is within the Democratic party to be honest.
  • You have 1/4 of the party that has just totally abandoned you after how Hillary Clinton was treated in the primaries and how Obama treated her by not picking her.
  • You had Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy, two large figures of the current low performing congress, showcasing your convention.
  • You have the nutty (and clearly terrified) media that is smearing Sarah Palin.
  • You have a candidate that has a record that consists of nothing more than constructing a gazebo on the south side of Chicago.
  • Your party protested at not only the Democratic Convention, but also the Republican convention because the Democrats are just mad at the world (per usual).
  • The Democratic Media Heroes, Kieth Olbermann and Chris Matthews, were booted from their jobs at MSNBC.
  • MSNBC, the Official Obama Advocacy Network, is dead last among news companies BY FAR.
  • Obama has still not recovered from McCain's convention bounce and we are over a week past the convention.
  • Palin is clearly outshining Obama as she is seen as not only the biggest proponent of change in this election (among the 4 candidates), but she is also seen as the candidate most in touch with the "common people."
  • The Republican party is almost completely unified behind John McCain, and moreso with the pick of Palin.
  • Independents are backing McCain at a rate of 7 out of 11.
  • Obama faces a congress (Democrat) that is more unpopular than the current President.
  • Obama was clearly wrong on Iraq and how things are going there. He is also facing a country that is changing feelings about the war, in that more Americans support it today than they have in the last 2 years.
  • Obama is recieving a clear backlash among voters from the liberal bloggers, Hollywood, and media that have turn into nothing more than non-credible hateful forums. US Weekly is loosing much of its clientele after showing support for Obama, Oprah is getting backlash similarly, and MSNBC is facing a similar fate. All these companies are taking economic hits after going "liberal."
  • McCain has gained almost 15% among white women just in 2 weeks.
  • Republicans have a vested interest in our future with Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, and many other young, hip, diverse conservatives. Democrats have Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, and Hillary Clinton...a notably aging base.
  • States that were never even thought to be in play are coming into play for McCain including New Jersey (where he is only down by 3), Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and New Mexico.
  • Sarah Palin was a clearly positive pick that has unified the base. Joe Biden divided the Democratic base when he was picked over Clinton.
I'm tired of listing things. That should be good enough.
I stopped reading when I got to:

"You have a candidate that has a record that consists of nothing more than constructing a gazebo on the south side of Chicago."

I'd say this, in itself, is evidence that Republican voters are in an educational crisis.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,451,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Fear who? Mc Cain? I would be embarrassed to vote for someone like him, a very uneducated, ignorant, oblivious person who has absolutely no idea what is going on with the world or even what he believes in. He is a Conservative on Mondays and a Centrist on Tuesdays, absolutely pathetic.
Assuming you're correct, my friend, we can hope that with Sarah Palin's influence, McCain will be a Conservative on Mondays, a staunch conservative on Tuesdays, a hardcore right-wing ideologue on Wednesdays, an across-the-board right-wing activist on Thursdays, an implacable foe of liberalism on Fridays, an ultra-conservative extremist on Saturdays, and a compassionate down-the-line doctrinaire arch-reactionary on Sundays.

Week in and week out!

I think that frantic scurrying sound I'm hearing is the lefties taking down all those 1.20.09 signs and stickers down as fast as they can!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:34 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Dunno if any of you peeps on the right side of the aisle realized how miserably Palin failed her fist softball interview? To thy own self be true.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
How has he done that? He's been behind in the polls for months, and behind in the electoral college polls. Is that some sort of clever deception technique?
A very Orwellian post: RealClearPolitics - Electoral Map

The Republican Party is in crisis. So why is this woman grinning from ear to ear?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
Quote:
Dunno if any of you peeps on the right side of the aisle realized how miserably Palin failed her fist softball interview? To thy own self be true.
I still do not understand why they chose this woman for VP, I can name at least 5 Republican women that are far more qualified and have more experience than her:, Kay Hutchison, Olympia Snowe, Sheila Frahm, Elizabeth Dole, and Lisa Murkowski.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Um, uh, mmmm (little Barack imitation), since the, uh, interview, Missouri went from "Leans Republican" to "Likely Republican" according to the Rasmussen Reports, and the Show-Me-State has voted for the winning presidential candidate every time for over 100 years with only one exception.
Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election. (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/election_2008_electoral_college_update - broken link)

I'm so glad Palin's on the Republican side, and will work to restore it to its year 1994 condition when the Contract With America was brought before the electorate. Likewise, I'm so glad Air America's Randi Rhodes is not on the Republican side, as she is the one with the crisis. She is so delusional that she has been reduced to fantasizing that Sarah Palin is a would-be teen molester, and that John McCain was treated like a "prince" by his North Vietnamese captors. Hot Air » Blog Archive » The latest Sarah Palin smear from the Left: teen molester Good! That should be worth at least three or four more polling percentage points for the McCain/Palin ticket.

More grape Kool-Aid--coming right up!!

Old 09-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I still do not understand why they chose this woman for VP, I can name at least 5 Republican women that are far more qualified and have more experience than her:, Kay Hutchison, Olympia Snowe, Sheila Frahm, Elizabeth Dole, and Lisa Murkowski.
"Far more qualified" = Easier for Obama to defeat....

Olympia Snowe? http://bestsmileys.com/sleeping/7.gif (broken link) Lisa Murkowski? Corruption with a capital C!

Nice try, though.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:19 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Corruption? Um, I believe that Palin is under investigation for corruption.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 PM

1,827 posts, read 2,589,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Corruption? Um, I believe that Palin is under investigation for corruption.
Who in politics isn't? Can we wait for a conviction, she's NOT Charlie Rangel or Bubba Clinton you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections