Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,685,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Minor View Post
"last summer Biden attempted to endear himself to an Indian American supporter by telling him that in Delaware, “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.” Joe Biden's just a barrel of gaffes - Los Angeles Times

Joe Biden calls his wife "drop-dead gorgeous" -- and it works, actually! It's what Al Gore was trying to achieve with the cringe-inducing tongue kiss with Tipper back in '00, but Biden pulls it off. You believe him, and it also reinforces his humanity and his manliness, which latter is actually off the charts in this speech. Seriously. There is some testosterone on this stage! But then he goofs up (another doozy) by adding "She also has a doctorate degree, which is a problem." What do you mean, Joe?
Scott Shrake: 10 Obama/Biden Gaffes (So Far)

So it doesnt matter when someone is against a liberal, but these same posters love to post when things are positive for one of their candidates.

But they seem to have a hard time handling bad news.

He is a total idiot. Obama knows he made a huge mistake with this nutcase.

** Just to let you know above, look at the post in the last week or so and you honestly tell me who is scared. The liberal party in scared, worried and now moving onto other issues of attack because none of them have worked.
Talk about who is scared, the libs even on this board are trying to find excuses as to why Obama has taken a 15 point nosedive in less then a month.
Obama is toast and you all know it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2008, 09:45 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
OK - should not have said cry (meant it "figuratively" as in "crying inside" or being "**** scared" and not as a sexist comment) - but I stick by "wipe the floor". BTW, I despise the Palinpick, but am not impressed with Obama.
Thanks for the clarification!
I am very interested in their debate.....frankly, if biden doesn't do spectacularily well it will surprise me.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Well right now he is screaming and it is waiting for the Howard Dean scream....what a b.s. guy! By the way what part is Xerox!

Old 09-15-2008, 12:20 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Why do you say that? Has palin ever cried during a meeting/debate/press conference?
There's a first time for everything.

Quote:
Or do you cry whenever a man looks crosseyed at you? Perhaps you are 'projecting'?
Wonderboy has never looked at me ... but I would probably cry laughing if he did.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,598,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Elections are inevitably about domestic policy, foreign policy is too obscure for most people.

My feeling is that, among other perceptions, people are starting to realize that there are too many contradictions in Obama's messages and that he does not really have the total support of the democratic party which itself has not articulated any particular, clear message.

Not that McCain and his ticket are particularly brilliant, no one in political leadership has any clue as to the root of the economic problems facing the country, but a critical mass of people is beginning to perceive that Obama is just too risky.

Back on topic, yeah, I expect Ms Palin to hold her own in the debate with Mr Biden.

If she can warm over the British press, we may begin to read about comparisons with Margeret Thatcher who, by the way, came to the PM's office with lots of domestic but little or no foreign policy experience, yet she played a significant role in the West's victory in the Cold War.

Its seems that Wall Street is doing its own blood-letting right now, possibly paving the way for McCain-Palin to let new economic leadership come in (maybe), and even the Iraqis themselves may be setting the date for US troop withdrawal or at least a downsizing.

In other words, four years of auto-pilot under McCain-Palin may be the safer course in a turbulent situation than cockamamie experiments in fiscal policy under Obama and especially a democrat-majority Congress that would walk all over him.

We'll see.
Not if Mccain wants to do the Bush-like Social Security overhaul again

McCain Calls for Overhaul Of National Security Policy - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9407EFD61E3EF93BA35751C1A96F9582 60 - broken link)

Old 09-15-2008, 12:31 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
There's a first time for everything.

Wonderboy has never looked at me ... but I would probably cry laughing if he did.
An incredibly lame response. But then unjustified hatred and anger is a bit hard to defend, isn't it?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:19 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
An incredibly lame response. But then unjustified hatred and anger is a bit hard to defend, isn't it?
I neither hate, nor am I angry ... get a sense of humor ...

Old 09-15-2008, 01:57 PM

2,156 posts, read 11,153,738 times
I kinda like Palin's hairdo---all piled up on top just like Wall Street bank indebtedness.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,859,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Me either. He's going to smear her. I watched a bio on him last night and it really confirmed to me what I already know about him. He's a smart man who has integrity. He knows more about foreign policy than all three of them. He's totally presidential material.
Smear her? Yes, I guess old Hairplugjoe will try.

Oh, just curious. Did that bio highlight his thievery of others ideas and history?

If not, since you are such a fan of bio's and of HPJ's, you might want to look into this, fascinating facet of his very interesting bio.

Biden...integrity. That's quite funny.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:50 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,121,052 times
more from Bumbling Joe:

"Bush thought Ben Laden was in Pakistan. I don't know where he is. He could be in Delaware for God's sake!" ...Oct 9 2007 League of Women voters Washington DC

" You should vote for Obama because he's black"--September 15, Campaign stop Charlotte, NC

"... I intend to work with the administration to seek congressional approval for $1 billion in emergency assistance for Georgia. Not this Georgia. The one in Russia. I mean fighting Russia. " --August 20, 2008 Campaign stop Atlanta, GA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections