Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:27 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,551,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Babies can survive outside the womb, as has happened before, as early as five months into pregnancy. So to any logical, moral human being, it should be considered that five months and above is way too late to get an abortion.

Of course to me, abortion should be illegal no matter what. But just saying...
That is fantastic Aaron...when your pregnant, you should follow that moral view...but there are a bunch of women in this country who disagree... and we would like to have that right to terminate a pregnancy...There are different situations that would warrent an abortion in my book...ie mother's life is in danger... so why don't you practice what you think is right, and I will practice what I think is right? You know, it is a little thing called 'living in unity'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 12:28 PM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Unless the "woman" happens to be very young; squirming and gasping for breath. That is, one's whose "choice" is to fight for life on a steel table.

Such a woman, is, of course, not of voting age and just suffered the misfortune of being born by one who does vote and just wants her to die already.

Compassionate Liberalism on display.
Yes, unfortunately this mentality will continue as long as society keeps heading toward this entitlement mentality that we have so long suffered from.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,551,257 times
Quote:
Yes, unfortunately this mentality will continue as long as society keeps heading toward this entitlement mentality that we have so long suffered from.
I am just so bad..I am popping horns out of my head as I sit here and type...

but I am OK with that....

Old 09-19-2008, 12:31 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
The truth?

The truth is simply that Obama voted "present" on that bill . . . .
Sigh. I guess you can be somewhat confused since stating he voted "present" was his mo. But this is a bill he actually took a stand on and voted no.

Complete text of Illinois Born-Alive Infants Protection bill killed by Barack Obama

Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,027,375 times
Total LYING crap. Shame on the OP for posting this garbage. The true story is that the bill in the IL legislature was so poorly worded that it was nothing more than an attempt to overturn Roe within that state, and the bill was seen as DOA due to its being unconstitutional. MOST of the IL legislature voted against that stupid effort by anti-abortion morons.

Instead of posting an idiot-gram, why not the truth from the Obama website, then ****:

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need |

Excerpt: "The suggestion that Obama -- the proud father of two little girls -- and others who opposed these bills supported infanticide is deeply offensive and insulting. There is no room for these kinds of distortions and lies in this campaign. What Senator Obama’s attackers don’t tell you is that existing Illinois law already requires doctors to provide medical care in the very rare case that babies are born alive during abortions. They will not tell you that Obama voted against these laws in Illinois because they were clear attempts to undermine Roe v. Wade. They will not tell you that these laws were also opposed by pro-choice Republicans and the Illinois Medical Society -- a leading association of doctors in the state. And they will not tell you that Obama has always maintained that he would have voted for the federal version of this bill, which did not pose such a threat. The bills Senator Obama voted against in Illinois were crafted to undermine Roe v. Wade or pre-existing Illinois state law regulating reproductive healthcare and medical practice, which is why Senator Obama objected to them.""

Every time some jerk posts the "born alive" lie, they're going to get this post in reply.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,042,470 times
Quote:
Babies can survive outside the womb, as has happened before, as early as five months into pregnancy. So to any logical, moral human being, it should be considered that five months and above is way too late to get an abortion.

Of course to me, abortion should be illegal no matter what. But just saying...

It's a good thing that morals are relative, eh? For one though, they don't perform abortions after the first trimester unless the fetus is dying (or dead), or if the mother is dying. No matter what, I hold the mother's life in higher regard than the fetus. The mother should have complete control of her bodily domain. And if that means she doesn't want a fetus to be sapping her nutrients, then so be it.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:37 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
It's a good thing that morals are relative, eh? For one though, they don't perform abortions after the first trimester unless the fetus is dying (or dead), or if the mother is dying. No matter what, I hold the mother's life in higher regard than the fetus. The mother should have complete control of her bodily domain. And if that means she doesn't want a fetus to be sapping her nutrients, then so be it.
Where do you get that?! You want ambiguous language -- health of the mother can encompass depression.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:44 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,657 times
Even though there about 100 treads devoted to this topic, full of information from both sides, I expect to see many more repetitive threads on abortion and Muslims in the coming weeks.

This is because McCain is going down so the Repubs. will try diligently to flame up old arguments and prejudices.

In one word:desperation.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:45 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
I am sitting here just shaking my head. When I was a small child, I was warned by a Christian mother that the United States would get this sinful someday. She was only talking about people taking their swimsuits off and going naked on the beach. Someday is here! When someone thinks that mothers have a right to murder their own child it makes you wonder how the United States calls itself a civilized nation. Are the Obama peolple so far gone that they really do not realize this is wrong.

I guess the real question is: "Are there enough Christians left in America to keep this deranged person out of the White House?"

As far as Roe vs. Wade, it is a case of the court system refusing to accept all the evidence and the misinterpretation of the law. The courts job is not to legislate, it is supposed to judge. This court overstepped its authority and the decision should be overturned. There is no hope of this happening if Obama is elected. He has many times mentioned that he does not want Roe vs. Wade overturned.

If babies keep being murdered at the rate they are now, it is my opinion that our nation will face the consequences of those innocent lives crying out from the grave. No on second thought, I think they were just thrown in the trash. Shame! Shame!

Last edited by NCN; 09-19-2008 at 12:59 PM..

Old 09-19-2008, 12:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,147,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
Even though there about 100 treads devoted to this topic, full of information from both sides, I expect to see many more repetitive threads on abortion and Muslims in the coming weeks.

This is because McCain is going down so the Repubs. will try diligently to flame up old arguments and prejudices.

In one word:desperation.
Yep. They likes the deflection. I think they pick it up from Fox "News", subconsciously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections