Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,652,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I am not Christian...so stop imposing your morals on me.
Neither am I, but it should be noted that being against abortion - particularily late term abortion is not just for christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:10 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,560,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Neither am I, but it should be noted that being against abortion - particularily late term abortion is not just for christians.
Thats your opinion... I just don't like anyone imposing their morals or values upon me... Your religious beliefs have nothing to do with me...
I want my right to choose...

Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM

645 posts, read 910,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
As far as Roe vs. Wade, it is a case of the court system refusing to accept all the evidence and the misinterpretation of the law. The courts job is not to legislate, it is supposed to judge. This court overstepped its authority and the decision should be overturned. There is no hope of this happening if Obama is elected. He has many times mentioned that he does not want Roe vs. Wade overturned.
ROE v. WADE will NEVER be overturned. Do something productive with your life instead of letting this issue consume you, wise up. John McCain in the White House won't help your cause, nor your STEPFORD VP.

When are you going to realize that this is NOT A CHRISTIAN country, and your CHRISTIAN values should not be foisted upon others. Find another pulpit.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:33 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,863,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
Big time.

They can't run on the issues, so all they have is the same old three or four things that the rest of the country has already looked at and moved on from.

"Because if you don't have any fresh ideas, then you use stale tactics to scare the voters. If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things."
McCain can't run on the issues. Oh.

Is that why Barry ran from any one on ones with him?

It is Mr. Obama who has a hard time with issues. But, keep telling yourself it is the other way around.

His hand will be forced at the debates. Wonder what you guys will say then.

Oh. I nearly forgot. When he exposes himself as a stuttering fool, parsing the language to an extent that would make Clinton red faced...his minions will explain it the only logical way they can: RACISM.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,662,426 times
Last time I checked we still have freedom of speech and that covers any religious opinions as well as anything else. You have a choice whether or not to read a post and I have a right to put anything in that post that applies to the subject. I will be voting for McCain to try and make sure this freedom is not taken away along with a lot of the other freedoms Obama does not believe in such as the right to bear arms, the right to life, and the right to not have cruel and unusual punishment before being born. Those babies have done nothing to cause their death sentence. They are totally innocent.

I have every faith that Roe vs. Wade will be overturned.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:46 PM

645 posts, read 910,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have every faith that Roe vs. Wade will be overturned.
Keep praying Sister...

Old 09-19-2008, 07:23 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,718,050 times
I'll paraphrase the best I can recall this (and some of you may have heard this) - Mother Theresa was asked the big "why?" questions, and one of them was "why doesn't God send us cures for illnesses such as cancer". She is said to have replied, "He did, but we aborted them."

Old 09-19-2008, 08:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,652,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Thats your opinion... I just don't like anyone imposing their morals or values upon me... Your religious beliefs have nothing to do with me...
I want my right to choose...
As I said, I have no religious beliefs. My point was merely that an anti late term abortion stance is not an automatically christian or religous one.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,560,194 times
So what exactly is your beef then? IMO late term abortions are sometimes needed, unfortunatly...ie mother's life in danger... So why would anyone want that right removed? Why would anyone want to be told by a politician if their medical condition warrents the 'approval' for an abortion...I just do not want anyone telling my what to do with my body. Period. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand?

Do I agree with Suzie who decides she was not ready to be a mom at 7 months and wants to abort...of course not. Is it any of my business, no. She is going to have to deal with the concequences... so can't we just leave it at that. Can't we all just mind our own business and live our lives the way we see right? Good gawd...

You all act like late term abortion is common practice...

Old 09-19-2008, 08:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,290,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Sigh. I guess you can be somewhat confused since stating he voted "present" was his mo. But this is a bill he actually took a stand on and voted no.

Complete text of Illinois Born-Alive Infants Protection bill killed by Barack Obama
Section 1.36 B of that bill stipulates "at any stage of development." This means that the bill stipulates that abortion itself be rendered illegal. This would, I believe, render the bill unconstitutional. So you appear to be complaining that Obama was not willing to vote against constitutional law. Of course, given that the Bush/Cheney administration has systematically shredded the Constitution over the last 8 years, and their potential successors--the McCain/Palin bot-team-plan to follow their lead, and that many Republicans are still going to vote for them, well. . . . I guess I can understand why you might be annoyed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections