Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times

Advertisements

Sounds like to me that they don't want to give Biden a chance to look bad at attacking her....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,847 times
This is the most pathetic thing ever, and the McBush-ites are sitting there saying its ok to dumb it down for her because she is a pathetic loser? She is running for VP, which might not matter that much if not for the fact that the Presidential candidate is a disease prone old man.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM

1,416 posts, read 5,602,341 times
I do find it ironic that the same party who has been trying to crucify Obama for being "inexperienced" is now demanding (and, sadly, received) beneficial treatment on those same grounds for one of their own.

I guess yet another old adage ("What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander" ... although in this case the birds' genders should probably be reversed, LOL) has bit the dust in this campaign. Makes you wonder what's next in this year's Great Bamboozlement of the American Electorate.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, that stinks. They're forgetting that the longer Biden talks, the more he says stupid things.
Why do you think they want it shortened for Sara????

Old 09-21-2008, 05:32 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
I do find it ironic that the same party who has been trying to crucify Obama for being "inexperienced" is now demanding (and, sadly, received) beneficial treatment on those same grounds for one of their own.

I guess yet another old adage ("What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander" ... although in this case the birds' genders should probably be reversed, LOL) has bit the dust in this campaign. Makes you wonder what's next in this year's Great Bamboozlement of the American Electorate.
I like that!
The Great Bamboozlement of the American Electorate !!

Sums it up nicely...

Old 09-21-2008, 05:57 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times
I will trust Joe Biden's judgment on debate form. As mentioned in the linked article, he's not concerned about the format.
Clip from article:
Advisers to Mr. Biden say they were comfortable with either format.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,163 times
I scanned the NYT's article. They did highlight that the McCain "advisers" asked for a tighter question session....then later, added the "unimportant" info that Biden wanted the same format.

Give me a break. Both sides wanted and agreed to this format. The pathetic Times is so biased that they paint the picture that McCain's "advisers" forced the issue.

Believe me, if old Hairplugjoe wanted it the other way, he would have gotten it. He is a blowhard, gas-bag, gaffe machine that will indeed benefit from an abreviated forum.

But, with that very un-biased Gwen Ifill (sp) moderating, you know it will be the utmost is unbiased questioning. Now that is pretty funny.

She's the boob that looked like she'd been sucking on a lemon after Palin's great performance at the Rep convention and said in her most offended tone: She tried to belittle Mr. Obama.

Right, she's not in the tank for the Messiah.

Barry's team did no favors re: the vp debate. You are living in a fantasy if you think that's how this stuff works. They agreed to the terms because they thought it would benefit the oldgasbag.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:20 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Palin is "inexperienced" in debates and might be at a "disadvantage"? So what? She was THEIR pick for V.P. And isn't it just great that somebody who's "inexperienced" at debating, might find themselves--if McCain dies--trying to "debate" foreign leaders?

I don't understand the supporters of these people. I guess they are so full of hate for everybody else that they are willing to sell their country down the river.
Really, just listen to right-wing, talk-radio, and it will make a lot more sense! It won't make sense how people are actually that stupid, but it will make sense where they get this viral hatred and fear from...The talk-radiots are the same 20%ers who will support Bush no matter what he does...He could drop a nuke on Canada and they would support it because God sent Bush and besides Canada is left-leaning, and according to these people anyone right of being a neo-con is responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened in the history of the world!

Seriousely they are very scary nutjobs...Listen to Sean Hannity or Rush Limbaugh for a week and you will see!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:24 PM

645 posts, read 1,965,001 times
Joe Biden has done 80 interviews with local and national media since being nominated as VP, Palin has done 3.
Biden Is No Stranger To The Media - From The Road

"Seems that keeping your vice presidential pick in a secure undisclosed location is a Republican tradition that hasn't ended with Dick Cheney, I just didn't know it extended to the media,” said Biden’s press secretary David Wade.

It's pretty obvious that they are trying to shield her.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,122,354 times
Palin will get crushed at the debate.....I can't wait to watch it....Watching her fumble around will be great...I'm sure McLame will be cringing during the whole proceeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections