Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 12:54 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Love da bunny kitty puppy-pies.

Good news. Thanks for posting this, Upton!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 12:56 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
This is powerful, the Obama campaign needs to run with this endorsement. Particulary to the female vote, who tend to have cooler attitudes when it comes to the rights of animals and their habitats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
Wait a minute, don't my Democrat Dogs for McCain have a say in this????
What are your Democrat Dogs for McCain?

If they are real dogs, how do you think they'd vote?

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Why would one assume that a person who is a republican doesn't like animals? They may not support PETA because PETA is a loony organization, but it doesn't mean they don't love and appreciate pets and wildlife.
Well, now that I have decided to vote for a Republican candiate, does it mean that I need to bring my dogs and cats to a shelter?? You know, I could bring them to PADS, the shelter to which my husband and I make a huge charitable donation.

Seriously, I so agree, GloryB, these are outrageous statements.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What are your Democrat Dogs for McCain?

If they are real dogs, how do you think they'd vote?

It's sarcasm. Both my goldens would go for McCain, definitely. They love charitable givers and are both very good judges of characters. It might be a little harder to pin down the cats, they tend to be a bit more independent.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:04 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
My neighbors puppies go for Palin......they go pee on the newspapers that have her photos for potty training!

Quote:
Well, now that I have decided to vote for a Republican candiate, does it mean that I need to bring my dogs and cats to a shelter?? You know, I could bring them to PADS, the shelter to which my husband and I make a huge charitable donation.
Wow, I bet your pets would find that really amusing.
Quote:
Seriously, I so agree, GloryB, these are outrageous statements.
Quote:
Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) has been a solid supporter of animal protection at both the state and federal levels. As an Illinois state senator, he backed at least a dozen animal protection laws, including those to strengthen the penalties for animal cruelty, to help animal shelters, to promote spaying and neutering, and to ban the slaughter of horses for human consumption. In the U.S. Senate, he has consistently co-sponsored multiple bills to combat animal fighting and horse slaughter, and has supported efforts to increase funding for adequate enforcement of the Animal Welfare Act, Humane Methods of Slaughter Act, and federal laws to combat animal fighting and puppy mills.
By God, you're right! This is absolutely outrageous! Where does he get the nerve!

8,200 posts, read 35,462,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
This is powerful, the Obama campaign needs to run with this endorsement. Particulary to the female vote, who tend to have cooler attitudes when it comes to the rights of animals and their habitats.
Absolutely . Environmental and Animal Rights are smaller issues in this election, but they are issues nonetheless and this endorsement should get some media time.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow, I bet your pets would find that really amusing.
By God, you're right! This is absolutely outrageous! Where does he get the nerve!

My pets get nuance and sarcasm.
As for Obama, that's great, now if only, as the Senator from Illinois he could help with legislation that would get our state out of the #49 position in the funding for the school children of Illinois.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Great news, thanks for posting this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections