Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times

Advertisements

Since McCain has to rush to Washington to contribute his extensive economic expertise to right our economy, shouldn't Sarah Palin take over the campaign, and start holding press conferences and interviews about how her running mate and herself would deal with this crisis and other crises?

I know Sarah had to ask what the VP does, but I don't think she would have forgotten the answer already. If the president cannot fulfill his duties, the VP has to step in. Why doesn't Sarahcuda step up to the plate and put us all at ease about the possibility of her becoming president of our nation some day?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:59 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
I would love to see a debate between Obama and Sarah Palin. Great idea! That is what the VP does if the president has other duties. Question is, why doesn't Obama have other duties too. Because he is not presidental.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:01 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,863,348 times
The many angles you lefties are coming at this latest event in these differing threads has me even more assured that McCain is cannier than I thought. How you guys are coming out of the woodwork about this debate and such just shows your panic. And with good reason. Obama is boxed in now and will come off looking like a doofus no matter what he does.

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
hahaha, a snowballs chance.

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Great idea. She can do it, easily. She's got that executive experience donchanoe.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
The many angles you lefties are coming at this latest event in these differing threads has me even more assured that McCain is cannier than I thought. How you guys are coming out of the woodwork about this debate and such just shows your panic. And with good reason. Obama is boxed in now and will come off looking like a doofus no matter what he does.
Of course we are "panicked." The fact that you're not is somewhat disturbing.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:05 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,043,676 times
Quote:
McCain just jumped off a cliff to save himself from falling and Obama is boxed in? The panic that you see is from your side.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Um...

we're laughing. It's you guys who are panicking - you and what's left of poor old John McCain. I can barely imagine what Sarah Palin is going through right now.

How on earth is Obama "boxed in"? By being so naive as to prepare for the debate that was scheduled in June? By actually talking with financial leaders about the crisis and finding out what's going on instead of just...saying he's going to strap on a cape and swoop in and settle everyone's hash? McSame seems to live in the same fantasy world you all do, no wonder you defend the most preposterous trash as if it were gold.

Are you aware Obama called McCain early this morning to arrange a joint statement? But McCain was afraid of that and wanted to hide behind Big Daddy Bush.

No...not the real daddy Bush (who's younger than McCain anyway)...

George W.

So, is that what you mean by "boxed in" - that Obama has to trudge over and appear in a three-way thing with a daddy-figure instead of the two-man joint statement by the candidates that he'd proposed?

Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 PM

1,316 posts, read 2,465,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Since McCain has to rush to Washington to contribute his extensive economic expertise to right our economy, shouldn't Sarah Palin take over the campaign, and start holding press conferences and interviews about how her running mate and herself would deal with this crisis and other crises?

I know Sarah had to ask what the VP does, but I don't think she would have forgotten the answer already. If the president cannot fulfill his duties, the VP has to step in. Why doesn't Sarahcuda step up to the plate and put us all at ease about the possibility of her becoming president of our nation some day?
Unfortunately, Sarahcuda can't speak because McCain and campaign have put a permanent muzzle on the poor girl. I hate to agree but I think the Republicans are right on this one.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:14 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Sarah thinks she is running for president anyway. She recently referred to the ticket as Palin/McCain. I'd love to see her debate Obama, or Biden or anyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections