Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:26 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,659 times

Advertisements

Look, Barack is wrong, and you tree huggers are on some kind of mystery tour, hoping to have all the freedoms you already have. It's just dumb.

Your Savior:

Quote:
"I know that even a successful war against Iraq will require a U.S. occupation of undetermined length."
But the Democratic Idol would pull out all troops immediately. Success in Iraq is not important to him. Barack is the wrong kind of American to be our President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times
Sorry, but I don't agree with you Gumbo. So I still won't be voting for Obama Bin Laden.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default Fact

Bottom line & 100% fact! obama is not and never will be ready to lead America! John McCains VP , yes Sarah Palin has more experience then hussein obama. And yet they bash her for running for VP! So wake up, open your eyes and look at the voting record of obama. Tell us what did obama run in the past to prove that he can run a country? Was he a mayor? Governor? No! Own a business? No! He has ties to a terrorist, super strong ties with Rev. Wright ( A white hater )continued until he was forced to cut those ties. This is a sad race, obama needs to go away.

Get the word out there , obama is not a safe vote, we must get more registered voters to support McCain/Palin!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:19 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Bottom line & 100% fact! obama is not and never will be ready to lead America! John McCains VP , yes Sarah Palin has more experience then hussein obama. And yet they bash her for running for VP! So wake up, open your eyes and look at the voting record of obama. Tell us what did obama run in the past to prove that he can run a country? Was he a mayor? Governor? No! Own a business? No! He has ties to a terrorist, super strong ties with Rev. Wright ( A white hater )continued until he was forced to cut those ties. This is a sad race, obama needs to go away.

Get the word out there , obama is not a safe vote, we must get more registered voters to support McCain/Palin!
People keep saying that McCain has more experience than Obama.

Well, to me, experience in Washington DC is nothing to brag about - it's detrimental. The more you have, the more corrupt you probably have become.

How about McCain's experience with the Savings & Load scandal and his censure from the Senate because of his Keating-5 involvement???? That's some of the experience he has.

I will go with ability over experience any day of the week.

Obama has the kind of vision that inspires people - and this is the type of leader we need to get real change.

McCain puts most people to sleep - just more of the same old same old - he'll just carry on the Bush legacy - in fact he'll be worse than Bush and will get us into even more wars and has no clue about the economy. After all, what can you expect from someone who thinks middle-class begins at $5 million annual income????

Old 09-28-2008, 06:54 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Sound judgment is more important than experience? I don't think so.

I could memorize words that were sound in judgment, but that doesn't mean I'm qualified to lead this country.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:37 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Sound judgment is more important than experience? I don't think so.
Bush 2 had 5 years of experience as governor - and it sure didn't seem to do HIM any good. Even much of his OWN PARTY agree he's been largely a failure. Can you really say the country is in better shape now than it was when he came in to office? The economy is a shambles, the national debt has soared to a point higher than that rung up by ALL other Presidents combined, US jobs are disappearing, and inflation is climbing way faster than people's income. All good news eh?

So, so yeah, Sound Judgment IS more important than experience. Many of us do NOT want someone with lots of Washington DC exposure and consider Washington DC exposure to the PROBLEM. We want fresh new ideas and some young, energetic and inspiring leadership.

Ken

Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,452,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
People keep saying that McCain has more experience than Obama.

Well, to me, experience in Washington DC is nothing to brag about - it's detrimental. The more you have, the more corrupt you probably have become.

How about McCain's experience with the Savings & Load scandal and his censure from the Senate because of his Keating-5 involvement???? That's some of the experience he has.

I will go with ability over experience any day of the week.

Obama has the kind of vision that inspires people - and this is the type of leader we need to get real change.

McCain puts most people to sleep - just more of the same old same old - he'll just carry on the Bush legacy - in fact he'll be worse than Bush and will get us into even more wars and has no clue about the economy. After all, what can you expect from someone who thinks middle-class begins at $5 million annual income????
Can anybody be worst than Bush?.

Jokes apart I totally agree with you and I feel that Obama as President will be a better asset not just for the US but for the whole world.

As for those who keep changing Obama´s name to make it sound like Bin Laden I do hope you will not choose your next President just on the basis of the name?!
Surely to make such an important choice your will use your intellect and your capacity of analizying each candidate and seeing what is best for your Country.

Last edited by hutch5; 09-28-2008 at 09:28 AM..

Old 09-28-2008, 09:27 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
Can anybody be worst than Bush.

Jokes apart I totally agree with you and I feel that Obama as President will be a better asset not just for the US but for the whole world.

As for those who keep changing Obam´s name to make it sound like Bin Laden I do hope you will not choose your naxt President just on the basis of the name?!
Surely to male such an important choice your will use your intellect and your capacity of analizying each candidate and seeing what is best for your Country.
Yeah, those "Obama Bin Laden" B/S posts won't sway anyone with any significant level of intelligence. They are stupid and juvenile and do little but reflect poorly on the maturity of the poster.

Inspirational speaking is a VERY important part of the task of a leader, and all the best Presidents have been KNOWN for their great speaking abilities. Reagan wasn't known as the "Great Communicator" because he was a poor speaker. Heck, Churchill's defiant speeches over the airwaves in the dark days of 1940 might well have saved England by bolstering the British will to resist. Not to mention Hitler, who's dramatic speeches inspired a bankrupt, downtrodden nation into near world-domination.

Make no mistake about it, speech is a POWERFUL tool because it motivates others to do their best in a common goal - and folks who belittle that ability do so at their own risk.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections