Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times

Advertisements

So anyway, Yooperkat. What do you care?

If he's, say, a Lutheran rather than an Episcopalian, will you refuse to vote for him?

How about if he's Catholic rather than Methodist?

If his church encourages speaking in tongues, will you refuse to vote for him then?

Or...and this is the likeliest option, IMO...are you just hoping for some dirt, any dirt to accuse him of "not being Christian enough" with?

So what church do you belong to? Did you go this morning? Do you tithe? What are your priest's or minister's world views? Religious standpoints? If a minister, has s/he ever been divorced? Did s/he ever engage in premarital sex? What are his/her sermons typically based on? What does s/he advise during sermons as far as the political arena? What are his/her views on Iraq?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 12:07 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well, he WAS a member of the First Church of Godd*amn America, Southside of Chicago Chapter.

He left though, after saying he never could leave.... after hearing SHOCKING things he NEVER EVER HEARD BEFORE EVER on the news for the first time.

So now he's started his own religion. It's got quite a following, so I'm told, amongst those that usually decry religion and blind faith.

He was following Okras lead, she was smart enough to bail once the place started becoming infamous along with the detestable pos masquerading as a preacher man.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:11 PM

532 posts, read 908,993 times
When he quit his church, he said he probably wouldn't find a new church until after the elections. Campaigning is a big time commitment, I hear.
As far as I know, he hasn't joined another church yet. I wouldn't mind if it stayed that way.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:13 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,471,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
One day, a while back, Barack searched his soul and came to the moral conclusion that the church he was a member of for twenty years was a church that he should speak publicly against. He denounced it and left.

Obama saw the light. His church stood for things that he couldn't tolerate or believe in anymore. Not anymore?

Question:

Has Barack joined another church yet? If not, which church will he and Michelle join? Does it matter to them? Would they choose a better church than the one Reverend Wright presided over? What would Obama seek in church he wouldn't have to denounce?
Who cares.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:16 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
He was following Okras lead,
..."Okra"?

Old 09-28-2008, 12:18 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,689,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Who cares? I am an Atheist, so I would be more impressed if he quit "church" all together!
Ditto.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
One day, a while back, Barack searched his soul and came to the moral conclusion that the church he was a member of for twenty years was a church that he should speak publicly against. He denounced it and left.

Obama saw the light. His church stood for things that he couldn't tolerate or believe in anymore. Not anymore?

Question:

Has Barack joined another church yet? If not, which church will he and Michelle join? Does it matter to them? Would they choose a better church than the one Reverend Wright presided over? What would Obama seek in church he wouldn't have to denounce?
They might go to the Apostolic Church of God near their house, but you could probably find out by doing a little looking.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:23 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
..."Okra"?

Yes, braindead Peg Bundy's watch it armed with their bon bons. Okra is damaging to ones mind and causes large fat bottomed derrières.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,483,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
Who cares? I am an Atheist, so I would be more impressed if he quit "church" all together!
Obama supports faith based programs at the expense of taxpayers.

But all social programs are good, right?

Actually, I know the question of Barack's religion might seem very minor to a lot of people. But I'm just wondering where he stands.

Some folks may think it fits into the character equation.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:31 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:

But all social programs are good, right?
No. Not all social programs are "good". Not all are appropriate, and of those that are appropriate, not all succeed. Everyone knows that. Certainly every liberal I know, knows that.

Straw man alert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections