Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,980,467 times

Advertisements

He will not look Obama in the eye. He barely is able to shake his hand.

CQ Politics | Beyond the Dome - Obama Makes McCain Very Uncomfortable

"Let the record reflect that Barack Obama made the approach to John McCain tonight.

As the two shared the Senate floor tonight for the first time since they won their party nominations, Obama stood chatting with Democrats on his side of the aisle, and McCain stood on the Republican side of the aisle.

So Obama crossed over into enemy territory.

He walked over to where McCain was chatting with Republican Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida and Independent Sen. Joseph I. Lieberman of Connecticut. And he stretched out his arm and offered his hand to McCain.

McCain shook it, but with a “go away” look that no one could miss. He tried his best not to even look at Obama.

Finally, with a tight smile, McCain managed a greeting: “Good to see you.”

Obama got the message. He shook hands with Martinez and Lieberman — both of whom greeted him more warmly — and quickly beat a retreat back to the Democratic side."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 05:48 AM

I like how Josh Marshall describes McCain.

"McCain feels a sense of palpable disgust with Obama or visceral antipathy for him that is so great he's incapable of overcoming it in public settings.

That's a troubling lack of emotional control. But it seems in line with the character trait many mention about McCain -- that he is unable to engage in any contest without demonizing his opponent in his own head."

Old 10-02-2008, 05:53 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times
I think it is a character deficit that McCain is afflicted with. He appears to be unable to relate to others on a person to person basis. His smug, superior and at times hostile and combative, "My Friends" salutation is indicative of his total lack of warmth or genuineness. The way he dumped the first Mrs. McCain, the exploitive way he has used the current Mrs. McCain are also indicative of his inability to form attatchements. His distain for negotiations and talking with "people who don't like us very much" fits into this picture as well. He has demonstrated a complete inability to imagine or to empathize with people who work for a living and live paycheck to paycheck.

I believe he is a character disordered individual, and as such is unsuited for the Presidency. He is dangerously unsuited for a position of power. This is a mean, angry man without morals or even standards or rules of behavior, based on anything more than expediency. When it comes to human relations.....he doesnt get it.

Last edited by elston; 10-02-2008 at 06:05 AM..

Old 10-02-2008, 05:57 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
That sounds to me like someone's opinion. Is there a video anywhere on this "meeting?" This is just my opinion, but sometimes people do not care for other's ways and it's hard to "fake" such a thing. In my daily life, I encounter such and I'm sure most people do. I don't put on airs for anyone. I'm cordial, but not fake per se.

For the record, I really don't care for either candidate at all, but I'll choose the lesser of the two evils in both categories, president and vice president.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That sounds to me like someone's opinion. Is there a video anywhere on this "meeting?" This is just my opinion, but sometimes people do not care for other's ways and it's hard to "fake" such a thing. In my daily life, I encounter such and I'm sure most people do. I don't put on airs for anyone. I'm cordial, but not fake per se.

For the record, I really don't care for either candidate at all, but I'll choose the lesser of the two evils in both categories, president and vice president.
If there was a video and it showed it did happen would that reflect poorly on McCain?

Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If there was a video and it showed it did happen would that reflect poorly on McCain?
Depends on which network it's on...

Old 10-02-2008, 06:18 AM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
McCain is mad. He cant understand how this black man who had a father from Kenya is doing better than him in the polls. He is also jealous of Obama because he knows more about the economy. Obama's campaign has out smarted his.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:57 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
McCain is pathetic at this point.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:03 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times
He does stumble and bumble around and contradict himself.....AND there seems to be something wrong with him.....I wish someone who likes him would notice....he needs to see a doctor.....his eye twitches there is a weakness in his mouth on the same side...his speech isnt clear...he seems to have twitches and almost stroke like episodes and he gets confused and literally cant find his way. I think there is something bad going on medically....could be a reaction to his medication regimen or could be mini strokes. It looks to be neurological and more than his aging process.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:04 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,443,995 times
Is it the fact that Mack is disgusted and ashamed with his own abysmal performance in this campaign?

Or is he truly a product of the past and disgusted by Obama's close presence in any setting?

In either case, it reveals that he lacks the character to serve well as president. And it's becoming more and more obvious that America will never have to suffer that fate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections