Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
In my case I can't stand career life politician Biden but your correct he has done things and should have been top of ticket but many like me (at one time) wanted Hillary who was beat by Obama fair and square.

I liked Obama but changed my mind as find him to promise the world with no real way of getting there. Hillary was right about him .

Palin was great tonight.
Oh, I agree with you. Hillary should have won. Biden's prez campaign went absolutely nowhere. But to put a Hillary or a Biden as a second to prop up an incompetent is just really, really sad -- and telling at how ignorant voters can be.

The TOP of the ticket needs to be experienced and politically savvy, which is why McCain gets my vote between the two tickets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:25 PM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,050 times
Just out of curiosity...
Many of you say she sounds rehearsed, like she was just regurgitating what she has been fed.
I'm sure she was. She had much to learn in the last five weeks, along with campaigning, sending her son to Iraq, still being a mother and a wife and all the while leading a totaly different life than she ever had.

Five weeks, people. Can you not at least give credit where credit is do?
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,425,416 times
Quote:
It was Biden who lied which is normal for him.
But come on, so did she.

My favorite BS line was her line on 'I guess it's obvious I'm not a Washington insider who was for something before you were against it.'

Yeah, she knows nothing about that or Bridges to Nowhere. Then there was the whole Obama tax plan lie.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,825,866 times
I cannot fathom that some of you jackholes actually think that Palin won this debate. WTF?
These must be the same people that voted for Bush..not once...but TWICE!! I couldn't believe it then...and I still can't believe it.
Look where we are as a country!! What were you thinking? Could it be any worse? Not much. Don't make the same mistake again.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:27 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,582,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
This was all about her not looking as bad as she did in the last 2 interviews. On that she won.

As for the debate itself, she lost!
agreed. She tried to save herself from being an embarrasment on the ticket. Among republicans, she succeed in that but in 8 days the troopergate report comes out.

549 posts, read 1,930,193 times
She even admitted that she was avoiding questions... She said something along the lines of "Now I may not answer questions the way the moderator or the Senator want me to but I'm going to tell it straight."

I felt like she prepared so hard for this debate that she basically just memorized a speech and diverted all questions to her prepared speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Just out of curiosity...
Many of you say she sounds rehearsed, like she was just regurgitating what she has been fed.
I'm sure she was. She had much to learn in the last five weeks, along with campaigning, sending her son to Iraq, still being a mother and a wife and all the while leading a totaly different life than she ever had.

Five weeks, people. Can you not at least give credit where credit is do?
What are you asking? For us to give credit that she became a very good puppet in 5 weeks? Because though she sounded unauthentic, she DID speak very well and did better than I expected. Though, my expectations were very low initially.

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
The polls should be even by Monday. If Obama/Biden are lucky!

I honestly thought Biden was going to start crying at one point.

Palin did what she needed to do she is the real deal. Very refreshing.
Please - Palins tattoo reads 666.

The woman is pretty to look at and is fun to watch.

But if there is ever a devil in disguise she is it.

She is DANGEROUS.

John McCain is not a overly healthy man, and she is a Pentecostal make 'em have the baby even if they get raped, drill baby drill because the greenhouse effect has nothing to do with man, let's go get 'em in WAR, and oh, by the way, follow me (don't cha know) cuz God ordained me to be in this position- freak of nature.

If that's not a wolf in sheep's clothing, I don't know what is. I am literally SHOCKED that Americans are so blind that they can not see passed the facade of prettiness and animated speech.

God help us all if this woman gets in the office - she will finish what Cheney has started. And smart Americans (and the rest of the world knows) what a dangerous man Cheney has been.

I'm not a religious person, but after reading the comments in SUPPORT of this woman, I am truly scared for our nations freedoms (or lack thereof now...) and security.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,917 times
Quote:
In my case I can't stand career life politician Biden but your correct he has done things and should have been top of ticket but many like me (at one time) wanted Hillary who was beat by Obama fair and square.

I liked Obama but changed my mind as find him to promise the world with no real way of getting there. Hillary was right about him .

Palin was great tonight.
No Hillary fan here but I don't think he beat her fair and square...

Old 10-02-2008, 09:28 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,357,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I called it earlier, she touched middle class and he did not.

She impressed me and even Joe Biden was impressed with her.

I will get into it more later but she did a fabulous job.

If you are all honest you will see that she can perform and did a fantastic job!

Way to go Sarah!

You won this debate.
And several polls seem to be agreeing with you. It may not win the election for McCain but it will probably change some poll dynamics tomorrow. These polls are like the stock market. They go up, they go down.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:29 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,265,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I thought Biden did very well, but this is his strong point, debates. Sarah did remarkably well considering he has been in the Senate for 35 years, almost as long as she has been alive. She came out strong and ended strong and so far the polls show her the winner of the debate. I was surprised at how fair and balanced the moderator was and give her cookies for her participation. Good show.
One of Palins former opponents said she was a very formidable debater. She likes debates because she can ramble and not have to answer alot of uncomfortable follow up questions like she did (or DIDNT do) with Katie Couric. I thought Biden was very gentlemanly in not attacking her at all while she repeatedly attacked him.

Although she didn't blank on any questions (rather she dodged or refused to answer some), Biden had better command of the facts. Biden won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections