Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:55 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipm8 View Post
Some things on this forum are real, how many IDs do you have again?
YAY! The good ole liberal assertion that McCain supporters are really one Bot with multiple identities. Thanks for supporting my point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 11:56 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Right. Aren't you the one who has reported here working on voter registration for Obama? You're a campaign plant -- or a Bot, as you people call folks who post for McCain.

I'm also extremely suspicious of anyone who would supposedly "bear their soul about painful loss" on a POLITICAL FORUM. I've suffered my share but it's none of strangers' business, particularly to the nutjobs who come in here. However, if it is indeed REAL and you feel you must express your pain to strangers on a forum, get counseling.
So you did the same thing but are now calling someone else out on it?

OK!

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
It's interesting in threads like this how the Obama Bin Laden supporters won't stand for any sort of non-sympathetic talk towards either Obama or Biden, yet they are somehow free to put down Cindy McCain or Palin and her family, etc., as much as they want without receiving it in return.

Nobama & Biden are saints and what they go through are human things we all go through, but somehow the Republicans aren't human and don't have lives.
Exactly. That's why I'm not falling for this drivel.

I've shared some truthful things about my life on this forum, but nothing that would truly offend or really hurt me when Obamaphiles attack -- because they will. Guaranteed. This forum doesn't lend itself to striking up friendships or finding support. It's volatile. And people lie, feign outrage, and attack just to get attention. You can't trust it.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:01 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Right. Aren't you the one who has reported here working on voter registration for Obama? You're a campaign plant -- or a Bot, as you people call folks who post for McCain.

I'm also extremely suspicious of anyone who would supposedly "bear their soul about painful loss" on a POLITICAL FORUM. I've suffered my share but it's none of strangers' business, particularly to the nutjobs who come in here. However, if it is indeed REAL and you feel you must express your pain to strangers on a forum, get counseling.
No I never talked about working of voter registration for Obama so you are wrong about that too.

As for my "bearing my soul" on this forum, I did so to try to give people perspective after your filthy comment about Joe Biden's loss.

But I guess the page after page after page you have written about being so disabled and having a child with such terrible behavior problems, and having to live in a trailer, etc. etc. etc. are to be taken with a grain of salt. Because only someone who makes up things like that would even think of, let alone suggest, that someone was making up what I shared. Quite frankly I'm sorry I did now because you have thrown filth over my love and loss and it hurts. But I had thought that if people like you knew that it really happens and it really hurts so much that having a nanny didn't cure it you would be less cruel. I was clearly wrong. Now go look at yourself in the mirror. If you like what you see there, you are the only one who does.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
So you did the same thing but are now calling someone else out on it?

OK!
Nope. I think this is a ploy because no one with any sense would share painful experiences or memories on this forum. I mean, honestly, would you? With the types of nutjobs and smears that go on here?

Incidentally, my illness stuff is true. It is what it is and someone could attack me over it without hurting my feelings. I'm quite used to dealing with it. But I would NEVER share painful things here. Only a fool (or an operative) would.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 AM

1,793 posts, read 1,452,360 times
Quote:
Incidentally, my illness stuff is true.
And you posted about it so why wouldn't you believe somebody else who bared their soul? You are being hypocritical IMO.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
No I never talked about working of voter registration for Obama so you are wrong about that too.

As for my "bearing my soul" on this forum, I did so to try to give people perspective after your filthy comment about Joe Biden's loss.

But I guess the page after page after page you have written about being so disabled and having a child with such terrible behavior problems, and having to live in a trailer, etc. etc. etc. are to be taken with a grain of salt. Because only someone who makes up things like that would even think of, let alone suggest, that someone was making up what I shared. Quite frankly I'm sorry I did now because you have thrown filth over my love and loss and it hurts. But I had thought that if people like you knew that it really happens and it really hurts so much that having a nanny didn't cure it you would be less cruel. I was clearly wrong. Now go look at yourself in the mirror. If you like what you see there, you are the only one who does.
Right. You offered up your "pain" for Joe Biden. And by thinking Biden's performance was a political ploy, we are "throwing filth over your love and loss." Whatever! If it's true, you need counseling. If it's not, it is what it is.

And we should all cry a river for Biden because YOU believe him and say so and cheer when y'all thoroughly TRASH the opposition.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:11 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Can we get back to the topic please?

Old 10-03-2008, 12:13 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,900 times
Quote:
Nope. I think this is a ploy because no one with any sense would share painful experiences or memories on this forum. I mean, honestly, would you? With the types of nutjobs and smears that go on here?

Incidentally, my illness stuff is true. It is what it is and someone could attack me over it without hurting my feelings. I'm quite used to dealing with it. But I would NEVER share painful things here. Only a fool (or an operative) would.
No, I wouldn't...but you know what? If I had an illness I wouldn't share it on here either.

That is not the point though, I'm not going to get into anyone's personal issues regarding illnesses, etc.

The point i'm making is that you can't try to call someone out because they choose to share their personal situation and you do the same exact thing. That must mean that you are a fool or an operative yourself. Also, just because you may not talk about something, doesn't mean that someone else has that comfort level.

To respond to the post about bad-mouthing McCain & Palin's family...it doesn't matter who it is, if anyone is facing or has faced a difficult life-altering situation, most people are usually sympathetic (both Republicans & Democrats)

It's only a few of the dummies on both sides who aren't.

Old 10-03-2008, 12:14 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
I'm going to just say this and then close. Whatever "disability" you have physically pales in comparison to you inner disability. You are to be pitied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections