Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 12:59 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,703,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
This forum has way more Dems than Reublicans posting here, so ANY poll here is a very inaccurate sample. Biden got his ass handed to him tonight. I know you hate it, but that's what happened. Be big enough to admit it.
Um, sorry, but Biden didn't get anything handed to him tonight, except a win. Be intelligent enough to admit it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 01:05 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
This forum has way more Dems than Reublicans posting here, so ANY poll here is a very inaccurate sample. Biden got his ass handed to him tonight. I know you hate it, but that's what happened. Be big enough to admit it.
Wow! You're a rare breed around here. I don't know if she did that. She did very well. He did very well too. I think he dropped more opportunities than she did, but you KNOW how the votes are gonna go.

Like I heard in another thread; This is great btw: Polls are for strippers!

Old 10-03-2008, 01:10 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,702,743 times
This forum is very liberally bias. There are not as many conservatives on here as liberals, so saying that this liberal forum somehow represents the opinions of Americans is absurd.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:13 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,697,470 times
City Data is awesome, but wake up! Its Liberal city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
Biden winning at a 45% or higher
Palin winning at 20% to 22%
Tied at 5% to 10% all night
And the slightly dead even at 12% to 14% for both....

So that proves that CNN and CBS polls are correct because they are relatively the same and FOX News poll is completely biased.

The only thing Palin proved tonight is that she is not a complete joke. She somewhat stood her ground and didn't completely fall apart. But like her acceptance speech, her answers had no substance to them.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:15 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
City Data is awesome, but wake up! Its Liberal city!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
This forum is very liberally bias. There are not as many conservatives on here as liberals, so saying that this liberal forum somehow represents the opinions of Americans is absurd.
Denial won't do you good, I guess after the election, you would complain that all of US has liberal bias too.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:16 AM

300 posts, read 1,211,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
She handled herself well enough to seem OK - as long as you didn't notice (or didn't care) that she really didn't answer many (maybe even most) of the questions. Folks on the Right will still love her, folks on the Left will make fun of her, and most thinking folks in the Middle will probably notice how little she actually said.

She certainly didn't perform well enough to sway many of the undecideds over to McCain.

My guess - Obama/Biden will gain a couple of points in the polls in the next few days.

Ken
Ding Ding Ding!

And don't forget that Biden largely ignored her and attacked McCain at the top of the ticket, which is who people tend to vote for, rather than Palin, who in the VP slot (along with Biden) tend to be far less consequential in the minds of voters.

Simple nuances like that are important. Biden was debating McCain tonight and Palin happened to be standing there. Very smart move.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:22 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
they don't have to admit it. the election results will!

Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,236 times
She is very pretty and charming and much better than many Congressmen and Small Town Mayors. Her answers though were all scripted. I felt like they were all practiced for hours. It was like seeing an actor in a television show or movie.

Joe Biden though has almost a Clinton like Charisma. I am surprised he never did as well in politics as he might have. He is a pro and a walking encyclopedia of knowledge.

My ratings on a 1-10 scale. Palin 6 and Biden 8

Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,583,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcanaduh View Post

She's against gay marriage but claims she's for tolernace and equal rights. Hello!
Sounds like the only issue Biden and Palin agreed on all night!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:21 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
Biden winning at a 45% or higher
Palin winning at 20% to 22%
Tied at 5% to 10% all night
And the slightly dead even at 12% to 14% for both....

So that proves that CNN and CBS polls are correct because they are relatively the same and FOX News poll is completely biased.

The only thing Palin proved tonight is that she is not a complete joke. She somewhat stood her ground and didn't completely fall apart. But like her acceptance speech, her answers had no substance to them.

Or it proves we are polarized and get our news from our preferred sources. It has not occurred to you that we conservatives don't watch the news on CBS (Ratingswise, Couric didn't even beat ABC or NBC the nights of the Palin interview; the Dan Rather incident) or CNN (known in most conservative circles as the Clinton News Network). But, I'm glad you didn't cite MSNBC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections