Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 07:49 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
TM? Do you know ANYTHING about Charles Keating?

Anything???
Is this the Great Debate Question?
I missed any particular topic in the Original Post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:18 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,013,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
There doesn't need to be a question.. just a discussion about the video is all. I posted it for people to view and then discuss..

Old 10-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:

Anything???
No.. I watched the video and posted itfor others to view and discuss.

But what is there I need to know.. The committee found poor judgement on the part of McCain and the fact that he still touts deregulation as a solution shows he didn't learn much.. atleast that's what it shows me.

But again.. I posted it for others to view and then post their comments.

I already know who my candidate of choice is and it's pretty rock solid with me at this point.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM

43,297 posts, read 77,129,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristansMommy View Post
There doesn't need to be a question.. just a discussion about the video is all. I posted it for people to view and then discuss..
The video is technically very good, particularly for a streaming production.
Visuals are clear, and well composed, and the segues between scenes are very professional.
Sound quality is excellent.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
The video is technically very good, particularly for a streaming production.
Visuals are clear, and well composed, and the segues between scenes are very professional.
Sound quality is excellent.

Now.. why do you have to be a smart butt about it. You don't agree with the video.. state why.. and add something constructive to the thread or don't bother posting..

Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
It was information from last night that the video was coming out today at noon.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 PM

Quote:

Anything???
If she doesn't this will help her and other readers.

Charles Keating - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Some regulators noted the danger posed by these deregulations and pushed for more oversight, but Congress refused. This may be due, in part, to the Keating Five, five Senators — Dennis DeConcini, Alan Cranston, John Glenn, Don Riegle and John McCain — who had received, for both themselves and for groups they supported (and one of whoms wife, Cindy McCain, was a business partner of Keating), well over $1 million from Keating in the 1980s as favors and political contributions.[1] They later met twice with regulators who were investigating American Continental Corporation, in an attempt to end the investigation. (In 1991, they would be rebuked to various degrees by the Senate Ethics Committee.)[2]

In 1985, Keating hired Alan Greenspan as an economic consultant, in an unsuccessful effort to convince an oversight agency to exempt Lincoln Savings from certain regulations. Greenspan delivered a favorable report, writing that Lincoln Savings was “a financially strong institution that presents no foreseeable risk to depositors or the government.” (Greenspan produced similar favorable reports on numerous other banks that also failed soon after.) [3]

Old 10-06-2008, 09:02 PM

McCain Profile: The Keating Five
"You're a liar," McCain said when a Republic reporter asked him about the business relationship between his wife and Keating.

"That's the spouse's involvement, you idiot," McCain said later in the same conversation. "You do understand English, don't you?"

He also belittled reporters when they asked about his wife's ties to Keating.

"It's up to you to find that out, kids

Exclusive: Obama to hit McCain on Keating Five - Mike Allen - Politico.com

Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM

Note the date and the paper, not connected with this presidential race!

McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five - News - Phoenix New Timespage 1 - Phoenix New Times
You're John McCain, clearly the guiltiest, most culpable and reprehensible of the Keating Five. But you know the power of television and you realize this is the only way you can possibly save your political career.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:26 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
McCain was found NOT GUILTY!!!!
Next smear??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections