Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,343,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So does this mean you guys are going to vote for the governor with the highest approval rating?

I am will be voting for them which is funny considering 3 months ago was debating pro Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,044,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So does this mean you guys are going to vote for the governor with the highest approval rating?
You can't be referring to Palin because she doesn't have the highest.

Palin approval rating drops in Alaska: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com

Old 10-06-2008, 04:29 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,834,402 times
those 24% need counseling... or are severly pro bush supporters, if he said he had the vision of moses and to jump in the gator swamps of fla they will follow. at least he still has people who are loyal at least

Old 10-06-2008, 04:35 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,486,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
You can't be referring to Palin because she doesn't have the highest.

Palin approval rating drops in Alaska: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
To a horrible 68% ratings...

Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,348,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
OK IDIOTS WHO LOVE TO POINT OUT THE APPROVAL RATING OF CONGRESS: LISTEN UP!
Yes, the ratings are pretty low for Congress and at 10% or whatever. Don't you think that 1/2 of that disapproval rating could be because.....
Folks like myself are digusted with Pelosi and Reid for not doing their constitutional duty and impeaching Bush and Cheney! Pelosi has almost been in bed with them concerning this. There is positively no reason for Pelosi to leave Kucinich and Wexler out to dry all the time. Particulary after 10 years ago when, while the Repubs had similiar numbers in the house, they impeached Clinton over lying about a BJ in the office.
I'm sorry about the caps but this comeback from the repugs is often proof that they really don't do their homework.
By the way, increased veterans benefits, increase in the minumum wage and ridding this government of Gonzo and Rove, they have, even though it could be a lot better, done a few things.
Yeah, it cracks me up when those folks point to the low approval ratings of Congress - as if it benefits them somehow. Few folks are happy with Congress true enough - but not all for the same reasons. While Democrats are unhappy at Congress' lack of action, it does NOT mean they'll vote Republican - in fact, Democrats (and even many in the middle) are of the point of view the Democratic lead is too narrow to be effective and needs to be INCREASED.

But, if the GOP backers want to delude themselves that Congress' low approval rating is somehow good news for them, they can go ahead and continue to do so for another month or so - at which point reality will set in when the Democrats increase their margin of control in both the House and the Senate.

Ken

Old 10-06-2008, 04:43 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
those 24% need counseling... or are severly pro bush supporters, if he said he had the vision of moses and to jump in the gator swamps of fla they will follow. at least he still has people who are loyal at least
Crisis topples stocks as U.S. urges unity (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081006/bs_nm/us_financial;_ylt=AlpQ7OeGR5Xf8x7tmQw1xYms0NUE - broken link)

"WE DON'T WANT TO RUSH"
In Texas, U.S. President George W. Bush said it would take time to restore confidence in the financial system and free up credit, telling reporters it was important that the rescue program not waste taxpayer money.
"We don't want to rush into this situation and not have the program be effective," Bush said.
Campaigning in North Carolina, Democrat Barack Obama urged the Bush administration to act quickly. "We've seen that contagion is spreading to all parts of the globe," he told reporters.

....I thought we were in a rush last week....Hmm...

Old 10-06-2008, 07:06 PM

958 posts, read 2,623,005 times
Funny...congressional approval ratings are so low, yet the Democrats are going to end up with a larger majority in both houses than they already have. Explain that.

I'd say years of Republican scandal - Tom DeLay, Larry Craig, Dennis Hastert, Ted Stevens, Mark Foley...I could go on and on. Not so many Dems getting themselves in trouble.

Last edited by EnglishCream; 10-06-2008 at 07:28 PM..

Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,123,775 times
I bet ya most of that 24% who approve of Bush's job are repugs who troll on this board.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:13 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,923,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yeah, it cracks me up when those folks point to the low approval ratings of Congress - as if it benefits them somehow. Few folks are happy with Congress true enough - but not all for the same reasons. While Democrats are unhappy at Congress' lack of action, it does NOT mean they'll vote Republican - in fact, Democrats (and even many in the middle) are of the point of view the Democratic lead is too narrow to be effective and needs to be INCREASED.

But, if the GOP backers want to delude themselves that Congress' low approval rating is somehow good news for them, they can go ahead and continue to do so for another month or so - at which point reality will set in when the Democrats increase their margin of control in both the House and the Senate.

Ken

i think we will see how many incumbents get voted back in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections