Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:14 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Ok, so if you want to know this "truth" about Obama, and you want truth, do you want to hear the truth about Palin (AIP, Troopergate) and McCain (Keating 5, US Council for World Freedom)?
Please answer cons, please answer.
So you got a rumor and a democratic witch hunt from the eighties that resulted in no charges. Ok, I got a real live connection to two unrepentant domestic terrorist (commies too!), a racist preacher, a shady home purchase, a racist wife who hates America, a candidate who refuses to salute Ol' Glory or wear a flag pin, second largest campaign contributions from the GSEs and resistance to S.190, likes to throw the race card around, "oh, and did I mention he's black".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 12:23 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
Wait, did you say he refused to wear a flag pin? I'm going to have to rethink my vote now...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:27 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
[quote=momonkey;5582075]So you got a rumor and a democratic witch hunt from the eighties that resulted in no charges.

Sorry, McCain was censured in the Senate. Keating got 4 years in jail. No charges?
You want to try again?
While you're at that, look up more about the US Council for World Freedom before you post again.

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-07-2008 at 12:28 AM.. Reason: additional point

Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default McCain/Palin 2008 for safe Change

Thats right liberals! I angered you huh? Well too bad! My vote is for America! Our country! The one I love! A vote for America is for the team who will lead us and not control us!

Down with obama. Yes that nut obama who is tied to terrorists! Radicals! Lies! Racist's! A man with zero experience!

Lets support McCain/Palin

Old 10-07-2008, 12:34 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Thats right liberals! I angered you huh? Well too bad! My vote is for America! Our country! The one I love! A vote for America is for the team who will lead us and not control us!

Down with obama. Yes that nut obama who is tied to terrorists! Radicals! Lies! Racist's! A man with zero experience!

Lets support McCain/Palin

Where do you live? In Area 51?
Or have you been at Yucca Mountain one too many times (eat your brain cells away)?

Last edited by beenhereandthere; 10-07-2008 at 12:37 AM.. Reason: additional question

Old 10-07-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
momonkey, do you have anything to add to this thread? It seems like the majority of your posts are one-liners and half-baked insults, and are light on actual substance.

Okay, I'll give you a question. How, in your opinion, do you think bringing up "controversies" that are several months old and already well-covered, help the McCain campaign? If voters have already heard enough about Obama's pastor, Bill Ayers, and any angle a journalist could glean from them to write an article, how will this have any effect on the electorate?
I get reps on a regular basis from folks who don't share your political point of view. The thread identifies me as "momonkey". If it's not your cup of tea, I didn't ask you to read it, so don't! The thing is, unlike the mainstream press that shares your left wing point of view, I don't. This forum gives Conservatives, like me the opportunity to be heard, so here I am. I understand that in America the left is accustomed to having their say and damn everyone else's opinion, but we're trying to change that. To answer your question, low-information voters! We got hoards of them. I'm talkin' about people who still think Hillary is in the race because they see her in TV giving a speech, and people who thing McCain caused the GSE bailout because he said he's a deregulator, but have no idea what S.190 is and I'm talking about people who believe lie, after lie because no one is informing the low-information voters. I was a marine and I served my country. You'll excuse me now while I enjoy my first amendment right is peace. Thank you!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I don't like her because she lives in a glass house and throws stones at others with no mercy. she comes across as somebody who has no fault or shame and blames everyone else for the problems that we face. not to mention her whiny voice. it would be nice if she showed more cleavage when talking to her repugnant crowds.

At the beginning of the debate Sen. Biden was asked..

Ifill: The House of Representatives this week passed a bill, a big bailout bill -- or didn't pass it, I should say. The Senate decided to pass it, and the House is wrestling with it still tonight.
As America watches these things happen on Capitol Hill, Senator Biden, was this the worst of Washington or the best of Washington that we saw play out?

Biden: I think it's neither the best or worst of Washington, but it's evidence of the fact that the economic policies of the last eight years have been the worst economic policies we've ever had. As a consequence, you've seen what's happened on Wall Street.

If you need any more proof positive of how bad the economic theories have been, this excessive deregulation, the failure to oversee what was going on, letting Wall Street run wild, I don't think you needed any more evidence than what you see now.

Palin: Now, John McCain thankfully has been one representing reform. Two years ago, remember, it was John McCain who pushed so hard with the Fannie Mae (NYSE:FNM) and Freddie Mac (NYSE:FRE) reform measures. He sounded that warning bell.

People in the Senate with him, his colleagues, didn't want to listen to him and wouldn't go towards that reform that was needed then. I think that the alarm has been heard, though, and there will be that greater oversight, again thanks to John McCain's bipartisan efforts that he was so instrumental in bringing folks together over this past week, even suspending his own campaign to make sure he was putting excessive politics aside and putting the country first.

What Sen. Biden fails to mention is that the White House was pushing for GSE reform in 2003 and every year thereafter, but ran into stiff resistance by democrats that followed party lines closely who were apparently not particularly concerned about “this excessive deregulation”. In 2006 McCain made an impassioned plea for support of S. 190 which he cosponsored with Hagel, Dole and Sanunu. It was opposed by the dems, including Sen. Obama. The same one who mocked Sen. McCain three days ago at one of his rallies-for-the-uninformed by saying “took him three tries to get it done” leaving out the part about how he and the other dems fought it tooth, nail and filibuster. Biden must have been watching those Palin interviews and thought he could get this one past her. But, she nailed him on his and Obama's bold faced lies and complete hippocracy!

Nice job Sarah!!!

As for the “ worst we've ever had” line, here's a little perspective.
• Carter: Interest rate, 21%. Inflation, 13.5%. Unemployment, 7%. The so-called “Misery Index,” which Carter used to great effect in his 1976 campaign to win election, 20.5%.
• Reagan’s last year: Interest rate, 9%. Inflation, 4.1%. Unemployment, 5.5%. Misery Index, 9.6%.
• Bush today: Interest rate, 8%. Inflation, 2.6%. Unemployment, 4.5%. Misery Index, 7.1%.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:03 AM

2,072 posts, read 6,697,470 times
Default mcCain/Palin 2008 for safe Change

Fact: Obama has terrorist ties! Ayers & Radicals!

Fact: obama did not leave the White hating church controlled by Rev. Wright until it was effecting his race for the Whitehouse!

Fact: obama has less experience then does palin, and Palin is running for VP.

Fact: Obama never ran anything! No city, town, state nor military!

Fact: McCain/Palin will be great for America!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:16 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,640 times
Fact: McBush voted for the war in Iraq
Fact: McBush is a corrupt fraud who intervene for Keating and cause massive economic damages for Americans.
Fact: McBush has follow and will continue Bush's warmongering foreign policies. His speeches on Iran, Iraq, Georgia conflict proves it.
Fact: McBush graduated bottom of class (that's not out of 30, its out of 800 plus, the bottom | And Palin took 6 years and 6 colleges to get 1 degree, and from her sad interviews and debates, this is one big dumba*s)
Fact: corrupt McBush + nutjob, procreatism in schools, Iraq is a task from God Palin = more wars, longer wars, and bigger wars ... from God of course
Fact: corrupt fraud McBush "fundamentals of the economy are strong", too dumb to use the internet will bring the economy further down.

Fact: Obama/Biden will be great for America

Old 10-07-2008, 02:19 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Let her ramble on. She was kept in an undisclosed location after her RNC speech for how many weeks before "rearing her ugly head" and getting humiliated by questions that anyone running for district librarian would have been able to answer. The woman is a ticking timebomb to the McCain campaign which has gone nowhere for months (seriously they pulled out of Michigan and they have a chance? Romney as VP would've carried that state)

More importantly we have seen two weeks of amazingly drops in the global markets and McCain's response has been tinfoil. The more they ignore the issues that people actually care about the more they fail in even having a chance. This is probably the worst political strategy that I have seen since Dole. So I say carry on Sarah, continue tossing out ridiculous lies; continue to go against the good will of your christian faith by campaigning on untruths; continue to ignore the "gotcha" media even though the american public deserves to know the positions of the next potential Vice Pres; continue to take what is in effect a book tour (or maybe 2012 campaign tour) slandering your "current" opponent; maybe while your out there you will pick up a newspaper or hear from the rest of us how worried we are that the economy will ruin our futures. Maybe you'll choose to ignore that and play make believe instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections