Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times

Advertisements

Fact is - Ayers is an issue. Ayers was involved with Obama and his campaigns - he set up fund raisers for him - etc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:22 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Fact is - Ayers is an issue. Ayers was involved with Obama and his campaigns - he set up fund raisers for him - etc
It is only an issue for the pugs...and that is obvious in the polls...

I am just tired of Palin's Barney Fife language...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post

Actually - Ayers continuing relationship with Obama is an issue - and btw - I'm not a republican or democrat. I'm not voting for McCain or Obama. But, I do find Ayers relationship with Obama very troubling.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:31 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Who else is tired of hearing Sarah Palin mention William Ayers?
Probly William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn (broken link)

Hey, at least Palin's not playing the race card.

Oooooppsss.... didn't mean to play the race card.

Vote Libertarian

Old 10-07-2008, 10:34 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,012,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
The whole "guilt by association" argument just doesn't hold water very well. It seems like the McCain camp is just ready to throw the kitchen sink at Obama to see what will damage him. Didn't they learn that it doesn't work and it is a doomed strategy? D Keep your bulldog yapping John.
Why isn't he doing the yapping? Is he afraid? I'd rather hear him yap as her voice sounds like someone running their fingers through a chalkboard.. yuck!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:40 AM

Bill Ayers and Barack Obama have been linked during their time in the city of Chicago, where they lived three blocks apart and led charges for education reform in the state of Illinois. The two met "at a luncheon meeting about school reform in a Chicago skyscraper."[40] Obama was then named to the Chicago Annenberg Project board to oversee the distribution of grants in Chicago. Later in 1995, Ayers hosted "a coffee" for "Mr. Obama's first run for office."[41] The two served together on a community anti-poverty group, the Woods Fund of Chicago, between 2000 and 2002, during which time the board met twelve times.[41] Ayers also contributed $200 to Obama's re-election fund to the Illinois State Senate in April 2001."[40] Since 2002, there has been little linking Obama and Ayers.[41] Obama says he has not visited Ayers during the presidential campaign. The senator said in September 2008 that he hadn't "seen him in a year-and-a-half."[42] In February 2008, Obama spokesman Bill Burton released a statement from the senator about the relationship between the two: "Senator Obama strongly condemns the violent actions of the Weathermen group, as he does all acts of violence. But he was an eight-year-old child when Ayers and the Weathermen were active, and any attempt to connect Obama with events of almost forty years ago is ridiculous."[40] CNN's review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved.[43] Internal reviews by The New York Times, The Washington Post, Time magazine, The Chicago Sun-Times, The New Yorker and The New Republic "have said that their reporting doesn't support the idea that Obama and Ayers ha a close relationship.

I dunno what Miss Palin is smoking but The NYTimes, The Washington Post, Time, the Sun-Times, The New Yorker and the New Republic says there isn't a close relationship. CNN says there was nothing inappropriate. But of course Republicans wanting proof won't agree with these reputable news organizations. Besides Barack was 8 or 9 when the weathermen were around. Miss Palin better shut up or Barack can bring up her husbands links to her to the Alaska Independence Party who's motto of secession is treason. I mean she not only cavorted with him she had sex with him and produced 5 babies! Guilt by association goes both ways!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Fact is Ayers did this while a distinguised professor of Education at the University of Illionois, not as a weatherman. He made a mistake and he paid for it. .Barack was 8-9 years old at this time the weathermen were active.

So Barack is free to bring up McCain's Keating 5 connection! And Barack should bring up Mr. Palins ties to the Alaska Independence Party and she is guilty by association -- the same thing they are accusing Obama of!

What will all of the above prove? They should be talking about THE ECONOMY! that is the number 1 issue on voters minds!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM

Anything in a candidates past is open for discussion - ANYTHING.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:08 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post

I know, it is cloying...she is shallow and superficial, McSame really made a mistake on that choice.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:17 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Arianna Huffington: McCain's Desperate Claim: Obama is Dangerous. Vote for Me If You Want to Live!
The McCain campaign is all set to roll out its message for the last 30 days of the campaign: "We may not be good for your bank account, your mortgage, your health care, or your job security -- but none of that will matter if you are dead. John McCain: If You Want to Live."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections