Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM

385 posts, read 626,649 times

Advertisements

The whole "guilt by association" argument just doesn't hold water very well. It seems like the McCain camp is just ready to throw the kitchen sink at Obama to see what will damage him. Didn't they learn that it doesn't work and it is a doomed strategy? Did Rev. Wright hurt Barack Obama? It may have a little bit for a little while...but Obama rebounded...big time! Guilt by assocation is just flawed all around. If you met someone who murdered someone in their past...does that make you a murderer? If you had a co-worker who committed fraud in their past...does that make you an accomplice to fraud?
Actually...maybe the Republican ticket should continue to focus on William Ayers & Jeremiah Wright. It's not going to get them anywhere. The American public will realize that they're being fooled with smoke & mirrors to distract them from the fact that John McCain and Sarah Palin don't have the solutions that Americans need.
So...nevermind. Keep your bulldog yapping John.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 08:28 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,462 times
Default obama is the end!

Not me! I want to hear more of how and why mr.obama is so closely tied to so many horrible people! Ayers, Rev. Wright & the list goes on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
The whole "guilt by association" argument just doesn't hold water very well. It seems like the McCain camp is just ready to throw the kitchen sink at Obama to see what will damage him. Didn't they learn that it doesn't work and it is a doomed strategy? Did Rev. Wright hurt Barack Obama? It may have a little bit for a little while...but Obama rebounded...big time! Guilt by assocation is just flawed all around. If you met someone who murdered someone in their past...does that make you a murderer? If you had a co-worker who committed fraud in their past...does that make you an accomplice to fraud?
Actually...maybe the Republican ticket should continue to focus on William Ayers & Jeremiah Wright. It's not going to get them anywhere. The American public will realize that they're being fooled with smoke & mirrors to distract them from the fact that John McCain and Sarah Palin don't have the solutions that Americans need.
So...nevermind. Keep your bulldog yapping John.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:31 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
They are sooooo desperate. I just want to tell her...Hey Sara, "you don't need a weatherman to see the way the wind blows."

Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
this is a non issue. perhaps if people on both sides would focus on winning and not making the other candidate lose, we would have more faith. as it is now, these two campaigns are painfully typical.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:36 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,267,796 times
Not me. Keep talking, Sarah! Get the truth out there!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:37 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
They are sooooo desperate. I just want to tell her...Hey Sara, "you don't need a weatherman to see the way the wind blows."
Yes, and I guess it is a foreign concept to her, people who served on many boards in an intellectual capacity, come across many different people with different viewpoints- well she is from Alaska, I'm sure she was afraid to walk more than one block in NYC.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,854,688 times
guilt by association is ridiculous. if we used that logic, then john mccain is an associate with every corrupt person in the senate under his watch.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:45 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,941,585 times
I am just sick of hearing her period. I still cannot believe more people aren't outraged by her stripper looking for tips winking at the cameras during her debate. It was probably the most non-Presidential thing I have seen during this entire cluster f**k of an election year.

Again, if they want to play the guilt by association card, at least Obama isn't sleeping with Ayers, while Palin is sleeping with a member of the AIP...and speaking at their events as well as raising kids with him. Which sounds worse?

Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
lol! I owe you a rep. !

Old 10-06-2008, 08:48 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
guilt by association is ridiculous. if we used that logic, then john mccain is an associate with every corrupt person in the senate under his watch.
Excellent point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections