Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:18 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times

Advertisements

ACORN was devised as a viable organization to help low-income neighborhoods. What it has evolved into is something else, including voter fraud.

I don't think anyone should be proud of what that organization has evolved into. There are people w/in ACORN who have come out and publicly stated they are very upset about the voter fraud issues.

Why is it somehow wrong for McCain to be protesting the things an organization is doing - especially now that they are being indicted for voter fraud? Why aren't people saying - oh oh - now I get it. There is something stinky going on . . . no wonder McCain is upset. ?????

The State of Indiana has an investigation going on right now - in a county that is mostly DEM. The elections officials are very upset about the fraudulent ballots turned in by ACORN.

ACORN should be scrutinized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2008, 05:18 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Major Rally in Miami to Support Comprehensive
Immigration Reform

Senator John McCain and many others to speak at the rally at
Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus

Miami, Florida – February 20, 2006 ― Leaders from a diverse array of sectors will hold a rally in Miami on Thursday, February 23, 2006, in support of comprehensive immigration reform in an effort to keep immigration reform at the forefront of the public debate. Leaders from both political parties, immigrant communities, labor, business, and religious organizations will gather to call on Washington to enact workable reform.

The rally will feature Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) as the headline speaker along with elected officials, immigrants and key local and national leaders. Sen. McCain is one of the chief sponsors of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act; bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform legislation introduced last Congress and scheduled for consideration by the Senate in the coming weeks. A similar rally with Sen. McCain is planned for New York City on February 27.

WHO: Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), Rep. Kendrick Meek (D-FL), Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL.), and immigrant, religious, community, business and labor leaders.

The rally in Miami is being sponsored by the New American Opportunity campaign (NAOC) in partnership with ACORN
SOURCE
Cool!! Now explain away Obama paying them $800,000. McCain hasn't paid them. TYoo bad. I realize that you all are trying hard to deflect the fact that Obama paid them and the fact is that ACORN is a criminal outfit and it is about time they got their butts busted. I am glad that people are finally getting to see the skum they are.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:23 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Cool!! Now explain away Obama paying them $800,000. McCain hasn't paid them. TYoo bad. I realize that you all are trying hard to deflect the fact that Obama paid them and the fact is that ACORN is a criminal outfit and it is about time they got their butts busted. I am glad that people are finally getting to see the skum they are.
Mmm..No. Can't help you with your explanations, you'll be fine. I really don't care about Politicians associations the way Senator McCain's folks do, I just enjoy the comedy involved when the politicians are supported by the same ties, while supporters insist on brandishing the staff of righteous indignation.
Strange thing those pendulums....they swing out to catch voters and come back as wrecking balls....

Old 10-13-2008, 05:28 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous political junky View Post
i realize that you all are trying hard to deflect the fact that obama paid them
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous political junky View Post
here is something that obama himself said, "everybody knows politics is a contact sport." get over it you whiney wimps.
ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections