Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,529,163 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I wonder if the national polls won't lie, just to keep the race within a certain %. If one of the candidates was leading by 10 points or more consistently, that's less money for the major news and cable networks since advertisers will not pay nearly as much for ad time since less folks would be tuning in.
McCain within the margin of error really has me suspicious, especially after last nights debate performance by McCain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 03:43 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Please link the poll so we can corroborate.
Interesting how many people from North Carolina are questioning where the campaign came from. Must not have jumped out to much. Maybe someone else can link it.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,341,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Mine went to Obama.
As did the votes of a number of military members I work with.

I can vote early next week. Mine will go for Mccain as will most of coworkers.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:55 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
As usual it is now time for the McCain is not losing as badly threads. So rather then wait I thought I would get it started for everyone. RCP today shows McCain only down 6.9% on average, even better he is only being beaten by 4% in the Rasmussen daily. This is truly good McCain news.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2008 - General Election: McCain vs. Obama

In fact the recent polls show the race tightening and moving out of the more humiliating plus 7 point range into a less demeaning 6 point range. If in fact McCain did well in the debates he may soon be able to move from the demeaning range he is currently in to the humiliating 5 point down range. There are many who think that over the next week or two he may even get his respect back and close to within 3.
I'd kind of like to see him get into the Come November 5th, McCain/Palin Victorious... Obaminites going, "Wha happened? Oh no you di-int! We're movin' to Canada!" range.

So who won the last debate last night? Obama by 90% to 10% like the polls say? Really?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:38 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Do you remember the polls before Reagan won? Like Obama said, you guys need to not get too cocky. Maybe start on some antidepressants in the next few days so they have a chance to start working before Nov 5th. That could prevent a lot of suicides.
Reagan Easily Beats Carter; Republicans Gain in Congress
A New York Times/CBS News poll of more than 10,000 voters as they left the polls indicated that the predominant motivation among voters was the conviction that it was time for a change. The biggest issue in their minds was the nation's economy, especially inflation.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
McCain picked up in polling AFTER he dropped the hardcore negativity which is when Obama moved up.
I disagree. I think the Ayers and ACORN issues have hurt him. As well as "spreading the wealth".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections