Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 12:40 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times

Advertisements

Not yet. She'll probably become much worse as the election draws nearer, and they become even more desperate. I wouldn't put anything past them.
where's richard nixon when you need him? (I am not a crook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
She is a disgusting, pathetic woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 12:43 PM

1,648 posts, read 2,560,981 times
Hey to the idiots who think that anti-war is anti-american, you like putting our soldiers in harm's way for something that doesn't benefit the US? Patriotism is not about waving flags and putting stickers.

I find it funny there are idiots out there who believe we shouldn't question the government because it's "unpatriotic".

Last edited by person; 10-18-2008 at 12:56 PM..

Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 PM

Me too. but, will we end up owning the oil? that's what I wanna know. didn't the administration say Iraqi oil $$$$ were going to pay for this mess they got us into? oh, just another little fibby wibby. just like all the other little fibs or BS we were fed.
Maybe we should divide America? 6 pieces, Neo-Cons, Right-wingers, Democrats, Liberals, Independents, Alaska Separatists. which part do you want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm with you and Palin. I'm waiting for the Iraq plan proposed by Biden (separate the country into 3 regions) to be implemented in America.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Hey to the idiots who think that anti-war is anti-american, you like putting our soldiers in harm's way for something that doesn't benefit the US? Patriotism is not about waving flags and putting stickers.

I find it funny there are idiots out there who believe we shouldn't question the government because it's unpatriotic.
It would be even funnier to get a straightforeward answer out of them, they always lie.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:22 PM

284 posts, read 696,579 times
I understand what she meant with this comment. The hard working class that helps each other out, a community that when something bad happens to a person everyone knows and helps the victims family.If a person is struggling financially everyone pitches in to make dinner for them. Not the places were you don't even talk to your neighbor or really dont care who got hurt cause you think someone is going to do it for you. Or if someone is financially hurting you turn your back cause you think the government is going to happen. I know exacly what she meant and i agree.

Old 10-18-2008, 01:43 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
It would be even funnier to get a straightforeward answer out of them, they always lie.
So when Obama wins, will there be "keep the troops in the Iraq" rallies by the right?

Old 10-18-2008, 01:51 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,013,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
So when Obama wins, will there be "keep the troops in the Iraq" rallies by the right?
I don't think even the right would hold up a sign "Send more Americans to Die for the Iraqis right to sell oil to China." "Send your son to Iraq" "Give War A Chance" it was only McCain who tried to set "Bomb Iran" to music to entertain his town meeting crowd, and it didnt go over to well.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxnasi View Post
I understand what she meant with this comment. The hard working class that helps each other out, a community that when something bad happens to a person everyone knows and helps the victims family.If a person is struggling financially everyone pitches in to make dinner for them. Not the places were you don't even talk to your neighbor or really dont care who got hurt cause you think someone is going to do it for you. Or if someone is financially hurting you turn your back cause you think the government is going to happen. I know exacly what she meant and i agree.
These places exist all over the country. In the past few months, a couple of my neighbors have had major surgery (one for cancer). We have brought meals, provided support, run errands, and the like for these families. And guess what? There are Obama signs all over this neighborhood (which usually runs very conservative)! That said, the latest one in need is a Repub (a good friend so I know this), and we helping her out anyway. Because she is our friend. It is possible to be friends across the political spectrum, to help one's neighbor, etc.

Old 10-18-2008, 02:50 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,865,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeannwho View Post
Best post I've seen here all weekend! +1 for you.

Old 10-18-2008, 03:02 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
These places exist all over the country. In the past few months, a couple of my neighbors have had major surgery (one for cancer). We have brought meals, provided support, run errands, and the like for these families. And guess what? There are Obama signs all over this neighborhood (which usually runs very conservative)! That said, the latest one in need is a Repub (a good friend so I know this), and we helping her out anyway. Because she is our friend. It is possible to be friends across the political spectrum, to help one's neighbor, etc.
There is some sort of notion that "city folks" do not have friends and neighbors. I lived in a small town once and it took years to be accepted and invited to things "local", where when I have moved into cities, people seemed more use to moving and gelling quickly. But the idea that small town folks are nicer the big town folks is a fallacy. There is a term for those small towns that are oppressive, "squinty window towns". So it has to do with the individuals in the towns, big or small.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections